writeoff

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Somewhere in time
Dog-nut is the new donut

I like that. Sounds far more like what it means in SC. No-one likes a dog-nut.
I've never understood the position of dogs in Australian vernacular.
If a dog is 'man's best friend' then why is 'a dog act' something considered so low? That does not match up.
Nor is 'a dog act' in line with the actual behaviour of dogs. All they want to do is play, eat, sleep and go for walks.
If they are destructive it is because they do not get enough attention. If they behave poorly it is because they haven't been trained properly. Both of these are a result of a poor human carer.
Rant over.

999juz

May 12, 2015
I've never understood the position of dogs in Australian vernacular.
If a dog is 'man's best friend' then why is 'a dog act' something considered so low? That does not match up.
Nor is 'a dog act' in line with the actual behaviour of dogs. All they want to do is play, eat, sleep and go for walks.
If they are destructive it is because they do not get enough attention. If they behave poorly it is because they haven't been trained properly. Both of these are a result of a poor human carer.
Rant over.
pretty sure 'a dog act' is a phrase born out of the indiscriminate methodology employed by a dog when choosing what he's going to attempt to stick his wang into next
aka you dirty dog ow ow owwwwww etc