k-red17

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 21, 2015
Hey guys, need some opinions on my scenario here.

Currently sitting 2,900ish overall and 144k in the bank.

Have JJ so he needs to go this week.

My ideal senario would be to trade Mitch Brown from the Bombers to Bryne-Jones of the Power and JJ to a Rance or KK type.

However if I do this then I'm faced with playing Tippa or Adams on my bench in my forwards I can't have one up either end due to the way I started my team (Which sort of sucks right about now) as I feel right about now I need to have both as starting Rookies. Anyhow I have come up with something else which I need convincing!

My current backline consists of:
Shaw
Laird
Rich
Weitering
Adams
JJ

Hartley
Ruggles

Only used 2 trades thus far.

Options 1:
Trade JJ to Bryne-Jones leaves me with 440 in the kitty.
Then trade Ben Kennedy (I know probs a week to early) to Danger and it still leaves me with 133k in the bank.

Means I run with - Shaw, Laird, Rich, Weitering, Adams and Bryne Jones as my starting 6 backs. But have the luxury of another prem in my mids - Fyfe, Gaz, Pendles, Ward & Danger.. drools...

Option 2:
Trade JJ straight for Rance or KK and hold.

Option 3:
Trade JJ for Rance
Trade Mitch Brown for Bryne Jones leaving me with Tippa or Adams on my bench up fwd.

Thanks lads .

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Menadue and Papley retain their spots and Davis is out, that might change a few gameplans... Who knows how long it might take for Davis to get back into the 22?? he wasn't exactly setting the world on fire

Reactions: Prospector

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
How selection changes things, Sam Grey still a massive issue (Named last on the bench) but with him, Barlow and Papley all named now tempted to just sit on my hands.

MVallence90

Mar 22, 2016
Hmmmm Paps getting a lifeline as well as Hewitt coming in and Oliver getting the flick has thrown a few things up. Also still have BCrouch on my bench...

Have done Paps to DBJ but could do that with Crouch by moving Jesse Lonergan into my mids. Gives me more cash to spend next week as I would probably upgrade Lonergan into a premo mid. Would mean I would now have all 3 of Weitering, Tippa & Dea on field down back.

Dump Paps or Crouch? Prob look at Oliver to Petracca in the next few weeks

Any help guys?

Rob86

Aspiring Coach
Apr 11, 2016
Hey guys, what are your thoughts on Jade Gresham? I'm considering trading him to move DBJ in, just wondering if Gresham has much cash growth potential in him (initial signs aren't huge, especially compared to DBJ).

Reactions: Mick and cactus

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Hey guys, what are your thoughts on Jade Gresham? I'm considering trading him to move DBJ in, just wondering if Gresham has much cash growth potential in him (initial signs aren't huge, especially compared to DBJ).
Gresham isn't selected right? Trade. You've been very patient to hold this long. Time to cut your losses IMO.

Reactions: TomCat

Mick

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
@Rob86 agree with cactus mate, Gresham worth moving on, dont think he will be back antime soon and therefore not making any cash, Dbj is a good pickup through DPP.

Reactions: cactus

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Gresham isn't selected right? Trade. You've been very patient to hold this long. Time to cut your losses IMO.
Not selected as far as I know. His cash growth potential is non existent and who knows when he will play again.

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
I've barely considered a Dunkley>DBJ trade. Seems like a waste.

I do like DBJ, think he'll be a great cash generator. But is it worth a trade? geeeeeeeeeeeeez, probably not. The only way I'd bring him in is via Bennedy/Kerridge (swinging Tippa FWD). That means I have two of Mills/Bennedy/Menadue on the bench and an extra of Ruggles/Lee/DBJ on field.

More or less the trade is:

Coming on field: DBJ/Ruggles/Lee
Benching: Mills/Bennedy
Net loss: 10-20 points? Maybe less due to loopholes.
Cash: -$6k
Cash generation: +$200k?

Not convinced.

jibba

Senior Coach
Veterans
May 8, 2015
I've barely considered a Dunkley>DBJ trade. Seems like a waste.

I do like DBJ, think he'll be a great cash generator. But is it worth a trade? geeeeeeeeeeeeez, probably not. The only way I'd bring him in is via Bennedy/Kerridge (swinging Tippa FWD). That means I have two of Mills/Bennedy/Menadue on the bench and an extra of Ruggles/Lee/DBJ on field.

More or less the trade is:

Coming on field: DBJ/Ruggles/Lee
Benching: Mills/Bennedy
Net loss: 10-20 points? Maybe less due to loopholes.
Cash: -$6k
Cash generation: +$200k?

Not convinced.
Don't do it. I think as good as DBJ's 97 looked, you can't say there isn't a risk he'll get dropped to the twos considering Polec and Impey are playing in the reserves this week.

edit: Also should add, I didn't mean DBJ is a bad pick, but exposing yourself to DBJ/Ruggles/Lee weekly isn't worth it

Last edited:

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
For me
Lonergan - dbj
Papley - dahlhaus
With about 130k left ready for next week.
Would be nice if keays gets a run soon, need a r15 rookie mid in a few weeks time.

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
Hmmmm Paps getting a lifeline as well as Hewitt coming in and Oliver getting the flick has thrown a few things up. Also still have BCrouch on my bench...

Have done Paps to DBJ but could do that with Crouch by moving Jesse Lonergan into my mids. Gives me more cash to spend next week as I would probably upgrade Lonergan into a premo mid. Would mean I would now have all 3 of Weitering, Tippa & Dea on field down back.

Dump Paps or Crouch? Prob look at Oliver to Petracca in the next few weeks

Any help guys?

Crazy thought. Hold on any trading at all. If Paps & Hewett are both playing and going up in value (slowly) why waste a trade?

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Not selected as far as I know. His cash growth potential is non existent and who knows when he will play again.
If you have him and i do, he is a hold this week as i have hewett as E and should he score 100 or so the Gresham gets on the ground and a little bit of mpp f/m rotation happens. He isnt losing $, he has a possible loophole value for me this week and if you have other areas that require attention first (personally paps goes before gresham) then consider them first imho. Better to realise profit at possibly top of the market than sell a speculative one that has undetermined potential and steady.

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Crazy thought. Hold on any trading at all. If Paps & Hewett are both playing and going up in value (slowly) why waste a trade?
Its not a wasted trade if it allows you to pick up a premium earlier than the mob. If you see the benefit trust your judgment. I bought in ward last week and had the big C on him but changed to goldy due to listening to outside influences. Not a great cost in pts but affirms my belief in trust your gut, especially if you've been around a while and follow not only SC pts etc but actually watch players, their influence on games and know their history. Anyway my 2 cents worth.

the cranky one

Development Coach
May 7, 2015
With more important issues and trying to show some trade restraint (now have 26 trades) biting the bullet and trading Rocky to A Hall. Will leave Hall in the mids until upgrade season commences, then swing to the fwds. With my other budgeted trade will be R Davis to rookie def (more than likely DBJ due to BE) through Rich DPP. This will leave ~300k in the kitty for an upgrade on Barlow if he doesn't improve, awaiting one more week as I believe he can reach his BE 87. So upon my completion of these two trades the team looks like this:

Shaw, KK, Adams, Weitering, Walla, DBJ, Brown Cowan
Danger, GAJ, Fyfe, Hall, Libba, Rich, Mills, Bennedy, Menadue, Dunkley, Gresham
Goldy, Sinclair, Loersch
Dhalhaus, Dusty, Martin. Barlow, Menzel, McCarthy, Kerridge, Papley

apologies for the war and peace, but thats how it is

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
With more important issues and trying to show some trade restraint (now have 26 trades) biting the bullet and trading Rocky to A Hall. Will leave Hall in the mids until upgrade season commences, then swing to the fwds. With my other budgeted trade will be R Davis to rookie def (more than likely DBJ due to BE) through Rich DPP. This will leave ~300k in the kitty for an upgrade on Barlow if he doesn't improve, awaiting one more week as I believe he can reach his BE 87. So upon my completion of these two trades the team looks like this:

Shaw, KK, Adams, Weitering, Walla, DBJ, Brown Cowan
Danger, GAJ, Fyfe, Hall, Libba, Rich, Mills, Bennedy, Menadue, Dunkley, Gresham
Goldy, Sinclair, Loersch
Dhalhaus, Dusty, Martin. Barlow, Menzel, McCarthy, Kerridge, Papley

apologies for the war and peace, but thats how it is
I agree with tevez. If you held rocky better off keeping him imo. I traded him but had too as crouch also injured that week etc etc. Consider this - is rockys best form a top eight mid form. Yes for me so keep him save the trade. What about barlow out brown forward with mpp, dbj in def and then papley to hall? It opens up def/fwd mpp keeps rocky who is > barlow and brings in hall. Papley may struggle to b/e this week and if so another poor game may end his time in the seniors. Davis wont lose cash and had a low be for next match. He was also noted as rested not omitted like the other suns. My thoughts and advice but read the pds as your team and decision