Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Goldy VC
grimley named can't loophole :mad:
I switched the VC to Danger at the last minute but irrelevant now. BCrouch was my only non-playing player this week so no loopholing :(

Would have been nice to get the 94 from Mills on the field too

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
What's up with Robbie?
Missus must have saidno to throwing a leg last night.
Having a dirty night, same as he did last week. Difference is he somehow managed to post 80 last week after looking like a 56 most of the way. This week he looked like a 56 all the way to the finish. Glad I steered clear of both Grays who just managed a ton between them!!

I did make a mistake on not bringing DBJ in though. Lonergan to DBJ would have been the right call and I was damn close to doing it too :oops:

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I've enjoyed having Robbie since R1 but the last couple of weeks been tough. As for trades sat on my hands and enjoyed all Swan rooks posting good scores.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Having a dirty night, same as he did last week. Difference is he somehow managed to post 80 last week after looking like a 56 most of the way. This week he looked like a 56 all the way to the finish. Glad I steered clear of both Grays who just managed a ton between them!!

I did make a mistake on not bringing DBJ in though. Lonergan to DBJ would have been the right call and I was damn close to doing it too :oops:
If I didn't have JJ then this would've been my move. Can't wait to get rid of him! So frustrsting.

alrighty then

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 30, 2015
Did Papley to DBJ, happy to say I got DBJ i guess. But Joissuusss Gray, Lonergan and Bartel may boot me out of the top 400 :(

Hoping for a massive captain score from Fyfe (or a late change to Pendles as I think he could have a big game).

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth

To make you feel good about being close to making the lonergan to dbj call just thought i would let you know that i did Lowrider. Then used the cash to turn Papley into Dahlhaus so at the moment I'm as happy as a pig in the proverbial. Only mistake was dbj as the E and no way to get him on the ground. Happy with the result at the moment, time will tell. The other thing i wanted to have a mini vent about somewhere is the fact that i have always been GnR's only man and this year i deviated slightly with lonergan and crouch i suppose although he was out injured last year. Never again. Guns and rooks only for me again going forward. Yeah you might miss that 1 midpricer who delivers a breakout year and was so obvious to everyone - but you will also miss the 3-4 crabs who instead of breaking out seem to space out and return you a lower avg score than the good rookies and tie up 200k better used elsewhere while also making you use a trade to upgrade / downgrade the bloke you thought was a keeper. Anyway - thanks for Dbj and dahlhaus lonergan because thats all you gave me this year (but im good with it after last night)

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
To make you feel good about being close to making the lonergan to dbj call just thought i would let you know that i did Lowrider. Then used the cash to turn Papley into Dahlhaus so at the moment I'm as happy as a pig in the proverbial. Only mistake was dbj as the E and no way to get him on the ground. Happy with the result at the moment, time will tell. The other thing i wanted to have a mini vent about somewhere is the fact that i have always been GnR's only man and this year i deviated slightly with lonergan and crouch i suppose although he was out injured last year. Never again. Guns and rooks only for me again going forward. Yeah you might miss that 1 midpricer who delivers a breakout year and was so obvious to everyone - but you will also miss the 3-4 crabs who instead of breaking out seem to space out and return you a lower avg score than the good rookies and tie up 200k better used elsewhere while also making you use a trade to upgrade / downgrade the bloke you thought was a keeper. Anyway - thanks for Dbj and dahlhaus lonergan because thats all you gave me this year (but im good with it after last night)

Yep I think alot of us got caught up in the mid price madness this year.
Although i didn't select Crouch or Lonergan, i'm kind of kicking myself for selecting the $200k rooks. They have been slow burners Weitering probably the only exception next season will be definatley be back to the true G'n'R set-up again.

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
Well crap.

Grimley named and the E on NicNat. Knew this could happen.

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
That's just great c on Fyfe and he is injured

Reactions: Lowrider

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Stick a fork in me. I'm done. Haven't got the captain choice anywhere near right once so far this year. Permacaptain is a thing of the past. 120+ loophole rule is back.

Even a 10k ranking looks a long way off from here.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I think there will be a few of us with Fyfe C. But i hear ya Steve, most things that could happen have happened.
If i can claw my way into the top 10k from here i will count that as a win.

Go Dees

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
One good thing that has happened which i forgot about though was not trading Barlow, and he looks like he will ton up tonight.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
That's just great c on Fyfe and he is injured
If it wasn't for Grimley being named I would have loopholed Danger who was VC. Cost me 87 points :(

Fyfe didn't look good either. Where they'd iced it could only be a fibula injury which might put him out for 6 weeks. Might be good timing if Pendles hits some form tomorrow, otherwise it might be Hanners to come in if Fyfe is out.

Reactions: Brad

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Crazy I was so close of upping Barlow to Fyfe, just imagining how dejected I'd be if I'd gone through with it.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Feel ya

Feel your pain. Fyfe as captain + traded Barlow to Hall... I'm done.
Wow that's stiff.

Word is he's redone the fibula and they're saying 2-3 months.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Gawn on 124 at HT. Should have gone with the C on him up against Maric

Reactions: Prospector