Round 4 Discussion

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Selwood and Danger are fighting it out for the VC this week, pretty tempted to go with Selwood to take advantage of how little people have him if he has a really big game... And if he doesn't then I haven't lost much, I just put the C on Ablett or Goldy and they should come close to matching Danger

Selwood had 7 clangers, 4 frees against, didn't hit the scoreboard and 22/35 disposals were handballs last week and he still scored 142 (thanks to clearances+contested possessions), I could definitely see Selwood outscoring Danger this week, what are everyone's thoughts?

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Selwood and Danger are fighting it out for the VC this week, pretty tempted to go with Selwood to take advantage of how little people have him if he has a really big game... And if he doesn't then I haven't lost much, I just put the C on Ablett or Goldy and they should come close to matching Danger

Selwood had 7 clangers, 4 frees against, didn't hit the scoreboard and 22/35 disposals were handballs last week and he still scored 142 (thanks to clearances+contested possessions), I could definitely see Selwood outscoring Danger this week, what are everyone's thoughts?
I have both, and if it was at Etihad I may have gone with Selwood. But on the spaces of the MCG I can just see it being an open and fast game, which plays right into Dangers hands. I'll be VCing Danger and hoping they both have 170.

Reactions: TomCat

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
NicNat on Hampson is interesting. Hampson is a spud but does pretty well in the ruck contests and hasn't given up big scores or dominance to opposition ruckmen yet. Hampson gets around the ground pretty well too, you just don't want him to get the ball (thankfully for Tiger fans he's not that good at grabbing it either).

I'd see NicNat scoring 100-110 but not a massive score. If Priddis is out that might hurt a little bit too.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Hmmm not sure the Tiges supporters have been shouting "Falcon King Hampson" maybe I misheard
Was at the game last week, I did hear a lot "Falcon King Hampson" whenever he got the ball. Like you though, perhaps I did mishear.....

Reactions: Prospector

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Priddis a late out as rumoured.

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015

Damian Barrett said Selwood was "banged up and foot-sore" in his "sliding doors" column this morning; make of that what you will.