Round 23 trades

Crackhead

Aspiring Coach
Aug 28, 2015
4 GF's this week, Have Lycett/Grimley as R/F. Also have Goldy and Buddy, both have been rumoured to be late outs through the week... Can use Lycett as a loophole but have to choose today whether to have him as E in Forward or Ruck. I'm leaning towards forward because that way if he goes big tonight I could put Menadue on the field and use him for loophole. But then if Goldy misses i'm copping a donut... make or break stuff. Who is more likely to mis??
I don't even have to ruck loophole but going to back goldy. North has pissed everyone off and wouldn't want to enrage the masses anymore

GeoffMack

Development Coach
May 8, 2015
4 GF's this week, Have Lycett/Grimley as R/F. Also have Goldy and Buddy, both have been rumoured to be late outs through the week... Can use Lycett as a loophole but have to choose today whether to have him as E in Forward or Ruck. I'm leaning towards forward because that way if he goes big tonight I could put Menadue on the field and use him for loophole. But then if Goldy misses i'm copping a donut... make or break stuff. Who is more likely to mis??
Lycett loophole up Fwd.

Reactions: Haychh

GeoffMack

Development Coach
May 8, 2015
Rumours circling Neale is struggling to get up
WOW interesting indeed!! Hmmmm Gibson may survive my cull. Franklin cant be 100%. Im leaning towards Franklin -> Merrett regardless. Hold Neale till sunday and pull the trigger to Rockliff if he misses.

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
WOW interesting indeed!! Hmmmm Gibson may survive my cull. Franklin cant be 100%. Im leaning towards Franklin -> Merrett regardless. Hold Neale till sunday and pull the trigger to Rockliff if he misses.
I'd think they'd play him, has 6 months to recover.... but still he won't be 100% so not likely to pump out another 150

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Plus he needs 19 touches to break the season record, you'd think he'd be keen to get out there for that

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
1 Trade left - 160k. Grand Final (Any ideas much appreciated)
Def: Shaw, Mcveigh, Bartel, Laird, Simpson, Rich (S Collins, O McDonald)
Mid: Danger, Pendles, Ward, Hanners, Rockliff, Gray, Priddis, Z Merrett (J Smith, Trengove, S Thompson)
Ruck: Gawn, Goldstein (Grimley)
Fwd: D Martin, Wells, Montagna, Zorko, Hall, Dalhaus (D Hamilton, T Phillips)

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Uniques.jpg 2 Trades + 45K

What do you reckon my plan of attack should be here, i'm projected about 200pts behind & when you compare our unique players you can see why, I'm thinking no matter what I have to go a different captain and try and gain on my opponent that way, in replacing Sloane I think i need to try an find someone who can go 130+ Selwood's an option & a bit left field but I think Hodge is too, with the last trade i'm a little torn as to try and find someone to loop or upgrade Shiel also could put the E on Tom Lynch tonight and if he doesn't play well trade in a 415Kish FWD and if he does play well trade in a donut.
Any help/opinion appreciated

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
I got 2 trades left with $203,600 for a $850 winner takes all GF Cash League Bonanza!!!
Good luck. My season almost mirrored yours. 2 trades left, 190k in the bank but a very narrow loss last week meant I missed out on my cash league GF. Hope you get the chocolates.

GeoffMack

Development Coach
May 8, 2015
Well Lyons 69 isn't the best of starts.

So it's mission stop Enright n Selwood tomorrow arvo.

Captain choice interesting. I'm leaning to a vc on Gawn ahead of danger, dunno why. Am I Mad? My opponent has danger vc.

Going to pull the trigger of Franklin n trade him to Zerrett. His hip/ribs can't be 100%.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Well Lyons 69 isn't the best of starts.

So it's mission stop Enright n Selwood tomorrow arvo.

Captain choice interesting. I'm leaning to a vc on Gawn ahead of danger, dunno why. Am I Mad? My opponent has danger vc.

Going to pull the trigger of Franklin n trade him to Zerrett. His hip/ribs can't be 100%.
Gawn went massive at Geelong last year... But only against Blicavs. It could happen again but with Stanley, Smith and Blicavs all out there and with a lot for the Cats to play for I don't see Maxy going large. They ganged up on Stef last week and monstered Sauce Jacobs and also the Doggies (renowned SC nullifying) rucks. Danger is still the safe option.

Reactions: GeoffMack

GeoffMack

Development Coach
May 8, 2015
Gawn went massive at Geelong last year... But only against Blicavs. It could happen again but with Stanley, Smith and Blicavs all out there and with a lot for the Cats to play for I don't see Maxy going large. They ganged up on Stef last week and monstered Sauce Jacobs and also the Doggies (renowned SC nullifying) rucks. Danger is still the safe option.
Yeah thats a good point. Pussies have more to play for. However who will Vince nullify??? I hope its Selwood.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Yeah thats a good point. Pussies have more to play for. However who will Vince nullify??? I hope its Selwood.
Even from a neutral point of view, maybe with a little bias, I hope Roosy says "guys it's my last game and we have nothing on the line so stuff it, just go out there and have some fun" and they just play footy without consequences. Would be fun to watch. And good for SC.

That said I would think Selwood. Don't think he can go with Danger. I would expect Danger in the guts today. Geelong have been playing for wins to stay top 4 but now they are playing for top 2 so I expect them to go all out and hold nothing back, especially with next week off

GeoffMack

Development Coach
May 8, 2015
Even from a neutral point of view, maybe with a little bias, I hope Roosy says "guys it's my last game and we have nothing on the line so stuff it, just go out there and have some fun" and they just play footy without consequences. Would be fun to watch. And good for SC.

That said I would think Selwood. Don't think he can go with Danger. I would expect Danger in the guts today. Geelong have been playing for wins to stay top 4 but now they are playing for top 2 so I expect them to go all out and hold nothing back, especially with next week off
I love ur unbiased view!!

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine

The Dees will play just like that, i would be surprised if there was a tag of any description.

Reactions: GeoffMack

GeoffMack

Development Coach
May 8, 2015
The Dees will play just like that, i would be surprised if there was a tag of any description.
That settles it then. Cats fighting for top 2 will do everything in their power to win. Danger to run amok. Gawn held by cats. Danger VC for mine. Now gotta hope Enright n Selwood do sweet fa!!

Reactions: Steve