would i be crazy 2 pick up nank
or should i just go safe and get the like of JJK, Macrae etc

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015
ok looking for options for Roo
I would go Nank if you have Sandilands. Otherwise I would look at Macrae or make some money and go Steele.

There are rumors that Roo could only be out for 1-2 weeks, but im not sure I believe that

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
I would go Nank if you have Sandilands. Otherwise I would look at Macrae or make some money and go Steele.

There are rumors that Roo could only be out for 1-2 weeks, but im not sure I believe that
Already have Steele and I can't see him being only one or 2 I'd hold but rookie cover is shocking and if I did hold I bet he would be 4 weeks

Seppo

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 16, 2016
ok looking for options for Roo
I have Roo as well, but I also have Nank and Macrae so I'm not looking at them. I'd go down to Macrae if you have decided to trade for sure. If I didn't start with Nank I'd want another look before I pull the trigger on him. I don't have Steele, but I'm not too keen on him...probably, like Nank, I would need to see it again in week 2. I think we've missed the boat on JJK until his price drops; no way I trade him in after I've missed his 174.

I am actually pretty keen to go down to Touk Miller, which could let me bring Joel Smith up to Marchbank...whom I like mostly for job security. Unlike most, I don't believe Marchbank is going 80 this year (he butchers the ball and no way he goes at 13 intercept possessions too often, especially against good teams). I am actually leaning towards holding Roo and running a loophole with Butler again. I will definitely not pull the trigger until I get an update on him hopefully Friday. If he has started his light running by then I'm holding. If not, I may just do the one trade to Miller and hold on Marchbank or any other trades until next week. If Roo is only out 1 week, then he misses the exact same amount of games as Miller (rd. 9 bye) so that would be an awful trade. And, if I hold he's going to be a massive POD one way or the other lol.

Ice Cold Beverage

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Jan 24, 2017
Melbourne
I have Roo as well, but I also have Nank and Macrae so I'm not looking at them. I'd go down to Macrae if you have decided to trade for sure. If I didn't start with Nank I'd want another look before I pull the trigger on him. I don't have Steele, but I'm not too keen on him...probably, like Nank, I would need to see it again in week 2. I think we've missed the boat on JJK until his price drops; no way I trade him in after I've missed his 174.

I am actually pretty keen to go down to Touk Miller, which could let me bring Joel Smith up to Marchbank...whom I like mostly for job security. Unlike most, I don't believe Marchbank is going 80 this year (he butchers the ball and no way he goes at 13 intercept possessions too often, especially against good teams). I am actually leaning towards holding Roo and running a loophole with Butler again. I will definitely not pull the trigger until I get an update on him hopefully Friday. If he has started his light running by then I'm holding. If not, I may just do the one trade to Miller and hold on Marchbank or any other trades until next week. If Roo is only out 1 week, then he misses the exact same amount of games as Miller (rd. 9 bye) so that would be an awful trade. And, if I hold he's going to be a massive POD one way or the other lol.

I can't believe that people are not keen on Steele..
He played in a loosing team that got absolutely pumped on the weekend both on the score board and in fantasy terms..
He is an absolute bull at a gate, wins heaps of contested footy, tackles and in a team that will rely on his inside ball winning abilities (they have no one else that plays this role)
Re trading - Don't - Roo could return in 1-2 weeks. Even if he is out for 3 weeks, save the trade, he's a premo and how many times have we seen this in the past where a guy is out early, comes back and dominates and their previous owners have egg on their face because they have burnt a trade?
Re Smith - I'd wait another week to see who is the best option. I agree, if you don't have Marchbank that is a mistake (should average 75+) however worth waiting another week

Seppo

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 16, 2016
I can't believe that people are not keen on Steele..
He played in a loosing team that got absolutely pumped on the weekend both on the score board and in fantasy terms..
He is an absolute bull at a gate, wins heaps of contested footy, tackles and in a team that will rely on his inside ball winning abilities (they have no one else that plays this role)
Re trading - Don't - Roo could return in 1-2 weeks. Even if he is out for 3 weeks, save the trade, he's a premo and how many times have we seen this in the past where a guy is out early, comes back and dominates and their previous owners have egg on their face because they have burnt a trade?
Re Smith - I'd wait another week to see who is the best option. I agree, if you don't have Marchbank that is a mistake (should average 75+) however worth waiting another week
Jack Steele, IMO, will go around 85-90 average this year, which isn't quite good enough for me at 347k. His TOG won't be too big and he certainly won't take 2 contested marks a game with only 1 clanger. I don't think he was a bad starting pick, and I certainly could be unders on what I guessed his average to be, but there's certainly no way I'm trading him for Roo in off the back of 1 game.

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015
Already have Steele and I can't see him being only one or 2 I'd hold but rookie cover is shocking and if I did hold I bet he would be 4 weeks
You could go to Higgins who should get lots of midfield minutes with North's lack of midfield. Obviously there is his injury history to consider.

I had Touk Miller in my side at the start of JLT but took him out when he didnt get much midfield time and I didnt like his bye. I wouldnt be getting him in now but might one ot look at after his bye especially if he continues to play like he did on the weekend

Reactions: M4TT B8S

simon87

Aspiring Coach
Mar 12, 2016
So I have J.Smith down back and 160k in the bank, should I trade to Marchbank this week or wait another week and see if a cheaper rookie pops up?

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015

You are right about the intercept possessions but I reckon you're wrong about his kicking, just an off night for Marchbank's disposal I think, nothing technically wrong with his kicking style just a couple of howlers.

Reactions: Prospector

Bozman

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 7, 2016
Hello all

Well what an disgusting start to the SC season. Forgot to check teams on Sat and missed Swallow being out.

I know you don't trade round 1, but I'll prob need to fix some rookies next week and have structure issues I'm thinking of fixing now. Team is;

DEF: Docherty, Adams, Hampton, Otten, M.Hibberd, Stewart (Thurlow, EVW)

MID: Danger, J.Selwood, Treloar, Fyfe, T.Mitchell, Beams, Swallow, Pepper-Powell (Petrovski-Seton, Barrett, Miles)

RUCK: Gawn, Sandi (Cameron)

FWD: Dahlhaus, Franklin, Macrae, Nankervis, Taranto, Eddy (Pickett, Parfaitt)
Cash: $72.1k

My DEF is terrible, I went too thin but short of downgrading Gawn to Witts, not much I can do. Thurlow worries me that he's not best 22 given he was named emergency, thinking of swapping to Marchbank or McGrath (prob Marchbank,better JS).

Thoughts on how I fix my team?

Seppo

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 16, 2016
You are right about the intercept possessions but I reckon you're wrong about his kicking, just an off night for Marchbank's disposal I think, nothing technically wrong with his kicking style just a couple of howlers.
That's fair enough, but I want to see another week to know that his howlers are from being rusty and not from being a poor decision-maker. They were mistakes chipping it around in the backline if I recall correctly, which should be easy for him to clean up.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Hello all

Well what an disgusting start to the SC season. Forgot to check teams on Sat and missed Swallow being out.

I know you don't trade round 1, but I'll prob need to fix some rookies next week and have structure issues I'm thinking of fixing now. Team is;

DEF: Docherty, Adams, Hampton, Otten, M.Hibberd, Stewart (Thurlow, EVW)

MID: Danger, J.Selwood, Treloar, Fyfe, T.Mitchell, Beams, Swallow, Pepper-Powell (Petrovski-Seton, Barrett, Miles)

RUCK: Gawn, Sandi (Cameron)

FWD: Dahlhaus, Franklin, Macrae, Nankervis, Taranto, Eddy (Pickett, Parfaitt)
Cash: $72.1k

My DEF is terrible, I went too thin but short of downgrading Gawn to Witts, not much I can do. Thurlow worries me that he's not best 22 given he was named emergency, thinking of swapping to Marchbank or McGrath (prob Marchbank,better JS).

Thoughts on how I fix my team?
Having 2 DEF rookies not playing and making money is going to hurt. Hopefully EVW gets a gig sooner or later.

If Marchbank keeps performing like he did in rd 1, he will be 1 of the must have rookies. Apart from that I would probably look at trading Miles (move Pickett to the mids) to 1 of Hannan or Butler after seeing who performs the better this week.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
If Hannebery was to put out another stinker would you trade him? I know it's a bit of a no-no to sideways trade keepers but if he knocks out 60 it's a long way back to 616K for him.

mdola2

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '19
Feb 24, 2016
If Hannebery was to put out another stinker would you trade him? I know it's a bit of a no-no to sideways trade keepers but if he knocks out 60 it's a long way back to 616K for him.
I'm in the same boat as you my friend. I have no doubt he might be carrying a little niggle or something but I am going to stick with him, he will come good. You'd be more worried if his role has changed to a shitty outside winger. Yuck. Will watch him closely this week. #getbackonthepisshanners

Reactions: Steve and Tevez17

moosey

6-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015

I watched his kicking and I think its as much poor decision making as skills. He will be better for the run and will improve his decisions each game - lock

moosey

6-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
I have NRoo and omitted Marchbank the last minute to upgrade Laird to Heater so not amazing for round 1!
Its Roo I am pissed about as I really believed he would be top fwd.

So looking to go against conventional wisdom and double trading this week and double trading next week.

This week its Joel Smith -> Marchbank
NRoo -> WHE

That leaves me to have a look at 3 players for next week
Steel
Murphy
Tuohy

With the bank I have I can upgrade any dropped rookies or under performers to one of these.
The remaining trade will be for a rookie I missed that is screaming out as a must have.

Not ideal trading early but I can use the Nroo injury as a positive to allow me to pick up a missed bolter in one of the 3 above.
30 trades are a lot of trades and the rookie crop we have look to be slow burners week one which "could" mean trading a little later to get max value out of them and thus not using so many trades as early.

k-red17

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 21, 2015
Sitting with only Josh Smith to trade out but will hold.

Like the boys on the podcast said with the likes of Hanners and Phatty Chips (Patty Cripps until he's fit) if you backed them into your starting team then stick with them.

Keeping an eye on Hannan this weekend might be a juicy cow in the making and the one to grab next weekend.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Hanners was woeful. Clearly carrying a niggle based on the stats below and was nothing like his normal role.
5 contested possessions
1 clearance
72% TOG (only Florent and the injured Robinson had less TOG)

I think I read somewhere he didn't attend have a single centre square attendance? Combined with his abysmal JLT you'd have to seriously consider it. But, like everything else this week, head says give it one more week.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Hanners was woeful. Clearly carrying a niggle based on the stats below and was nothing like his normal role.
5 contested possessions
1 clearance
72% TOG (only Florent and the injured Robinson had less TOG)

I think I read somewhere he didn't attend have a single centre square attendance? Combined with his abysmal JLT you'd have to seriously consider it. But, like everything else this week, head says give it one more week.

It's a genuine worry, why's he playing R1 if he's carrying something that's the question... I'll certainly be watching close this week