Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
This may not be the best forum for this but I wanted to report some success in another field of fantasy. As that success is likely to be fleeting I thought I would post it in the round in which it has been achieved.
I discovered fantasy cycling a couple of years ago. No prizes, unfortunately, just the honour and glory of doing well. And bragging rights. It has taken me a while to get a grip on the game but I am learning. Last year I finished top-20 in the SBS fantasy Tour de France.
Currently there is a Velogames Fantasy Cycling comp which covers eleven one-day races from Europe - what they call the classics and monuments.
My team, Cavalier Roundhead as usual, is sitting 2nd after race 5.
screenshot-www.velogames.com 2017-04-03 14-32-56.png
I thought people might like to know I am doing my best to uphold the honour of the SCC community even if it isn't football.
Plus, of course, I have to brag to someone.:D:p:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ice Cold Beverage

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Jan 24, 2017
Melbourne
Eddy captain :\ Bont was VC, oh well, still managed 2314
Ahh that's so unlucky. I had Eddy on field to get Tarantos score and was livid when I saw he was a late in. Just lucky that he was on the end of a few in an absolute romp of a win for Port.
I scored 2319 - sitting 2686 overall so certainly within striking distance for overall.
Debating whether to trade this week but thinking I'll most likely hold as I have all the 'must' rookies and mid pricers (WHE, Marchbank, Nank, Steele, Swallow) - only rookies I'd like is Houston and Butler but IMO not worth the trades...

Reactions: M4TT B8S

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015
This may not be the best forum for this but I wanted to report some success in another field of fantasy. As that success is likely to be fleeting I thought I would post it in the round in which it has been achieved.
I discovered fantasy cycling a couple of years ago. No prizes, unfortunately, just the honour and glory of doing well. And bragging rights. It has taken me a while to get a grip on the game but I am learning. Last year I finished top-20 in the SBS fantasy Tour de France.
Currently there is a Velogames Fantasy Cycling comp which covers eleven one-day races from Europe - what they call the classics and monuments.
My team, Cavalier Roundhead as usual, is sitting 2nd after race 5.
View attachment 789
I thought people might like to know I am doing my best to uphold the honour of the SCC community even if it isn't football.
Plus, of course, I have to brag to someone.:D:p:rolleyes:

Well done mate.

I love road cycling and was into it big a few years back spending some serious time trading all major events on betfair. Eventually the constant all nighters + lack of sleep caught up with me and I needed to cut something out of my routine and cycling while profitable + fun lacked the depth of turnover of other sports.

I never even knew about fantasy cycling however when Nix started doing some cycling articles on DT Talk (not sure if he still does them) it got me interested. Only played a few times but I did finish 4th overall in the 2014 TDF road.cc fantasy comp and actually would have won if I hadnt traded out Navardauskas before the penultimate stage (he went on to win the stage) after he made a dismal TT the day before.