Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
If Pendles is to average 110, and Danger 125, then in theory if you can do a straight swap then that's 300 points for 1 trade which is 100% worth doing... I don't have Pendles so I don't have the headache, and if I did I probably wouldn't trade him just yet... I 100% understand the theory behind wanting to ship him off though, especially the season after Selwood had a real sht one

If you don't have Gaz or Danger then I think they're the only real reasons to be dropping Pendlebury... I wouldn't be dropping him to Wines or similar for the extra cash because the bargain premiums probably have less upside to what Pendles does as he's proven to have averaged over 124 on many occasions in the past
I don't have Pendles. If that was the best he can do (and from all reports he largely dominated) then I'm comfortable without him. Dusty on the other hand... First upgrade target I think.

moosey

6-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
I can see your point but I don't like sideways trading he is a proven premo and I think trading him out is a waste he will still be a top 10 mid by the end of the year in my opinion

I think the line of "not trading proven premiums" is solid and the best advice but I also think its a line that everyone throws around and its easy to agree with.
Forward thinking and trying to get an edge on the masses means challenging the traditional ways of thinking.

I really think there is something up with him and his role and will strongly consider.

"Pack" thinking is solid and will serve you well every year but it will not get you to number 1.

The Kraken

Development Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 5, 2015
Disappointing from De Goey.. with Swan and Sidebum out I was hoping for more. Only 14d (5 contested) and only 1 centre clearance.. 50SC for a 2 round average of 65.5.

Yes, only early and he'll hold his price with a 65 next week, but starting to think he won't be a near-premium to average 85+ and upgrade late. Arguably better use of $$ to downgrade to a FWD rookie you don't have, then upgrade 1 of your shitty Bombers defenders to a Sheridan/Lonergan ~$350k DEF type (if they back up again this week)

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
So thinking of going against the grain and putting the C on either Bont or R.Gray i think Bont is going to go large tonight against the Saints indoors. Gray might just step up in the Derby too, could make or break my round, but hey need to do it to get an early jump.

Reactions: BigKev

BigKev

Aspiring Coach
Jun 23, 2015
Adelaide
So thinking of going against the grain and putting the C on either Bont or R.Gray i think Bont is going to go large tonight against the Saints indoors. Gray might just step up in the Derby too, could make or break my round, but hey need to do it to get an early jump.
I'm thinking in the same lines as you. VC on R Gray or Rocky. Gaz capt as backup.

Reactions: doddy2731

BigKev

Aspiring Coach
Jun 23, 2015
Adelaide
I have read that someone had made a trade this morning, after awhile he decided he didn't want that same player he just got. Now he wants to know where's the reverse button.
Can't find it, so he traded him out.

2 trades wasted just like that.

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
I have read that someone had made a trade this morning, after awhile he decided he didn't want that same player he just got. Now he wants to know where's the reverse button.

People really need to read the rules of the game before they play it ..

Danz

May 26, 2015
Only have O. McDonald and Grimley to loophole this week, meaning Wines has the best part of a quarter to prove a good loophole option :D

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria

I know we have all made silly little mistakes but that just about takes the cake. Stupidity at it's highest level right there.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Took McDonald-tip's 80 odd over Adams ... Who is 70 at HT

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I think Barlow might be done, so slow and fumbly

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Yep. Rule #1 of Supercoach might be don't sideways trade your premiums but I don't think he will end the year a premium. I strongly doubt he will see round 3 in my side. Rockliff to Parker is extremely tempting too.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Yep. Rule #1 of Supercoach might be don't sideways trade your premiums but I don't think he will end the year a premium. I strongly doubt he will see round 3 in my side. Rockliff to Parker is extremely tempting too.

Yeah my thinking too, can butcher it though and that seems more important than ever

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I think Barlow might be done, so slow and fumbly
He looked truely terrible. He'd have to be a fair chance of getting dropped you'd think after that performance. Barlow to JJ via DPP is looking tempting. I think I'll try to hold Rocky as long as he's not out for too long.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
He looked truely terrible. He'd have to be a fair chance of getting dropped you'd think after that performance. Barlow to JJ via DPP is looking tempting. I think I'll try to hold Rocky as long as he's not out for too long.
It was awkward watching him. Shade of his former self. As Steve said, can't see him being a premium. Can't even see him being top 10 fwds.

Reactions: cactus

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
mmmmmm Barlow, I was at the Dogs game so couldn't watch... Is it really as bad as people are making out? I mean, his score suffered because of 13 handballs out of 16 touches and Freo really have been shit so far, anyone still got faith?

mdola2

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '19
Feb 24, 2016
Can't believe I ever picked any Brisbane Lions players. What an irrelevant club. Sad watching them.