Round 17 Trades

Bozman

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 7, 2016
I need some advice. I have a good on field team, but my bench is severely lacking as I've grabbed as much cash as possible to upgrade starters.

This week, I've already done Ablett to Selwood, so leaves me one trade left this round. Do I upgrade a bench player to a mid priced flexi as cover? Or do I just hold my trades, knowing if there's 1 week injuries I may just have to pull the trigger on a trade? If I trade now, suggestions of to who would be greatly appreciated.

I have $196.7K and 6 trades left (after Ablett trade).

My team currently:
DEF: Shaw, Boyd, Simpson, Laird, Bartel, Rance (Broad, Tucker)
MID: Hannebery, Danger, Pendlebury, Ward, J.Selwood, Priddis, S.Mitchell, Parker (Trengove, Macpherson, Mathieson)
RUC: Goldy, Gawn (Loersche)
FWD: Martin, Buddy, Montagna, Greene, Wells, A.Hall (Rose, Phillips)

BTW - I'm going for a league win, not overall position.

jester5au

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
May 1, 2015
I need some advice. I have a good on field team, but my bench is severely lacking as I've grabbed as much cash as possible to upgrade starters.

This week, I've already done Ablett to Selwood, so leaves me one trade left this round. Do I upgrade a bench player to a mid priced flexi as cover? Or do I just hold my trades, knowing if there's 1 week injuries I may just have to pull the trigger on a trade? If I trade now, suggestions of to who would be greatly appreciated.

I have $196.7K and 6 trades left (after Ablett trade).

My team currently:
DEF: Shaw, Boyd, Simpson, Laird, Bartel, Rance (Broad, Tucker)
MID: Hannebery, Danger, Pendlebury, Ward, J.Selwood, Priddis, S.Mitchell, Parker (Trengove, Macpherson, Mathieson)
RUC: Goldy, Gawn (Loersche)
FWD: Martin, Buddy, Montagna, Greene, Wells, A.Hall (Rose, Phillips)

BTW - I'm going for a league win, not overall position.
I would contemplate smith for macpherson. Otherwise I would just sit tight and trade when required. Good position with trades and cash in hand well done.

simon87

Aspiring Coach
Mar 12, 2016
Need advice! I have 5 trades left, 83.5k in bank, do I trade libba and Ablett or just Ablett?

Fiasco

Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 14, 2015
Originally I was planning on doing my last upgrade this round of Tucker-> rookie and Menadue -> Zorko to finish my team off with 3 trades left.

But now with the Gaz injury I'm thinking of using Ablett as the downgrade to save a trade and still finish my team off with 3 trades left. The way I see it I have 3 options:

Gaz -> Priddis + Menadue -> N.Riewoldt

Or

Gaz -> Bont + Menadue -> T.Lynch

Or

Gaz -> Bont + Libba -> J.Steven then try to get Menadue to Dahlhaus in a few weeks when he drops in price, but that would leave me with only 2 trades left.

I'm leaning towards option 1 at the moment, it seems the safest to me but probably a little bit boring when everyone else is getting in the Bonts and Neales...

Hondo

Staff member
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 28, 2015
Need advice! I have 5 trades left, 83.5k in bank, do I trade libba and Ablett or just Ablett?

3 days ago Libba was still a chance for this week.

So I'd just trade Gaz

Reactions: Prospector

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Originally I was planning on doing my last upgrade this round of Tucker-> rookie and Menadue -> Zorko to finish my team off with 3 trades left.

But now with the Gaz injury I'm thinking of using Ablett as the downgrade to save a trade and still finish my team off with 3 trades left. The way I see it I have 3 options:

Gaz -> Priddis + Menadue -> N.Riewoldt

Or

Gaz -> Bont + Menadue -> T.Lynch

Or

Gaz -> Bont + Libba -> J.Steven then try to get Menadue to Dahlhaus in a few weeks when he drops in price, but that would leave me with only 2 trades left.

I'm leaning towards option 1 at the moment, it seems the safest to me but probably a little bit boring when everyone else is getting in the Bonts and Neales...
Just do Gazza, the others are worth a hold, and you'll need those trades.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Why can't I just pull the trigger on Pendles for Gaz...

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
6 Trades left - 27k.
Def: Shaw, Mcveigh, Simpson, Rich, Collins, O McDonald (LAIRD, BARTEL)
Mid: Danger, Pendle, Hanners, Rockliff, Gray, Priddis, S Thompson, J Smith (ABLETT, Trengove, Petracca)
Ruck: Gawn, S Martin (Grimley)
Fwd: D Martin, Wells, Montagna, Deledio, Hall, Zorko (T Phillips, Tippa)

Any suggestions? Obviously Ablett is out for the season, Bartel and Laird hurts me this week and wish I could switch Tippa back. Thanks

Back2theFuture

Aspiring Coach
Apr 5, 2016
6 Trades left - 27k.
Def: Shaw, Mcveigh, Simpson, Rich, Collins, O McDonald (LAIRD, BARTEL)
Mid: Danger, Pendle, Hanners, Rockliff, Gray, Priddis, S Thompson, J Smith (ABLETT, Trengove, Petracca)
Ruck: Gawn, S Martin (Grimley)
Fwd: D Martin, Wells, Montagna, Deledio, Hall, Zorko (T Phillips, Tippa)

Any suggestions? Obviously Ablett is out for the season, Bartel and Laird hurts me this week and wish I could switch Tippa back. Thanks

Ablett out
Move Rich to Mids via DPP
Move Tippa to Defense
Move Petracca to fwd via DPP
Bring in another Midfielder

Reactions: Steve

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Your other option might be to get a Hammelmann type for McDonald, then Gaz to anyone. Hammelmann won't be a great scorer but you make some cash and it gives you a lot of flexibility with Tippa covering both lines.

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
Thanks, can i do that Ablett, Rich DPP option with Tippa Defence in one transaction.
Or do you think the Hammelman idea is best. Cheers

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Thanks, can i do that Ablett, Rich DPP option with Tippa Defence in one transaction.
Or do you think the Hammelman idea is best. Cheers
You can do the Rich move with one trade. Just keep in mind that it means you'll be playing Tippa on your field until you upgrade him or Collins, as Rich will be stuck in your mids without a rookie D/M to get him back to defence.

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
Cheers, the dilemma is who to get for Ablett. Thinking Selwood or Sloane?

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Cheers, the dilemma is who to get for Ablett. Thinking Selwood or Sloane?
Can't go wrong with either imo. Sloane is the more popular choice so it depends if you want to play it safe or go a POD. Selwood traditionally finishes seasons off well but Sloane has 5 games at Adelaide Oval. I think they'll average around the same from here.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Seem to be talking a about Pendles every week, this is the perfect week to get him in but just keep coming back to Bont, Sloane and lesser extent Neale as guys who could easily outscore him

Shinboner

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 19, 2016
Thoughts on Ablett to Jack Steven trade. Really wanting a pod for this trade. Gut says the flat track bully will have a strong run home. 5 at Etihad and 2 at the G.

Reactions: Prospector