EE1DBA1A-9316-4AFF-9E51-4C29DE10A7CA.jpeg

40842767-AC47-4B03-9F7C-C1F73844C86F.jpeg

Reactions: Trussles and Mick

Yort

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 3, 2018
ok guys, getting tight now, last backline upgrade to, caqn scrap together 439 now, it nuff to bring in webster, but is he worth the risk< or do i downgrade 1 this week and down/upgrade next week to a true poremium, got 6 trades left so can still do it and have 3 trades left for he run home, as long as nothing else goes wrong. thoughts

Elliot H-R

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Jun 9, 2016
Hey guys,

Who is currently the best sub 536k midfielder or forward at the moment? Don't care about actual price as long as it's sub 536k, all I care about is points per game and durability.

Currently I have my eyes on Dustin Martin, Matt Crouch and Dayne Beams mostly. Any help please?

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
ok guys, getting tight now, last backline upgrade to, caqn scrap together 439 now, it nuff to bring in webster, but is he worth the risk< or do i downgrade 1 this week and down/upgrade next week to a true poremium, got 6 trades left so can still do it and have 3 trades left for he run home, as long as nothing else goes wrong. thoughts
Who are your other defenders? If you havent got one if Yeo, Laird, Sicily, Lloyd or Simpson (selection pending) I'd be making an effort to get them and it would be worth using 2 trades if it's your final upgrade.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I have Ed Richards at D6 still. The plan was for Rice at D7 to make enough money to upgrade him to Webster, leaving Richards at D7 as reliable bench cover (Mihocek is my other defender). Rice being in and out of the team has stunted his cash generation which is leaving me short on field every week.

I only have 3 trades left so I only want to use 1 to upgrade this spot. I have 140k, so I can get Richards to anyone except for Lloyd or Crisp. Tom McDonald is tempting, Brayshaw as well. Or I can hope Rice plays this week any makes enough to switch him to Webster next week.

Thought? Should I just ditch Richards and hope Rice and Mihocek are reliable enough coverage? Or stick it out and hope for Webster next week.

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
I have Ed Richards at D6 still. The plan was for Rice at D7 to make enough money to upgrade him to Webster, leaving Richards at D7 as reliable bench cover (Mihocek is my other defender). Rice being in and out of the team has stunted his cash generation which is leaving me short on field every week.

I only have 3 trades left so I only want to use 1 to upgrade this spot. I have 140k, so I can get Richards to anyone except for Lloyd or Crisp. Tom McDonald is tempting, Brayshaw as well. Or I can hope Rice plays this week any makes enough to switch him to Webster next week.

Thought? Should I just ditch Richards and hope Rice and Mihocek are reliable enough coverage? Or stick it out and hope for Webster next week.
I am looking at setting up a DPP swing with TMac from fwd line. Rice down to NMurphy (COLL) netts $121K. Have Guelfi at F7 and Ahern M9 & Giro M10.

Reactions: Steve

Trussles

Mar 18, 2018
Yeo or Lloyd? I don't have either. Main goal is to win my leagues and notice that Yeo (40.1%) is in a lot more teams than Lloyd (25.7%). Leaning towards Lloyd.

Mick

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Yeo or Lloyd? I don't have either. Main goal is to win my leagues and notice that Yeo (40.1%) is in a lot more teams than Lloyd (25.7%). Leaning towards Lloyd.
Tough decision there @Trussles and not sure you can go wrong with either. Makes sense to look at the ownership numbers and i think Lloyd has a slightly better SC game at present and i would be going that way.

Reactions: Trussles

Bozman

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 7, 2016
2 trades this week, Langdon down to Sier (via Ahern) and Nic Nat up to Grundy. Leaves me with 5 trades to see out the season. I'm playing league, and not having Grundy is costing me, so think it's worth the two trades.

Now, Simpson better play this week....

What are people doing? Try and get premos on your bench or hold the trades and side swap injuries?

Team is:

Def: Lloyd, Yeo, Laird, Simpson, Sicily, TMac (Austin, Keefe)
Mid: Tich, Cripps, Neale, Danger, Merrett, Oliver, Coniglio, Martin (Philips, Giro, Sier)
Ruc: Gawn, Grundy (Jeffries)
Fwd: Heeney, Gray, Wingard, Franklin, McLean, Petracca (Ahern, Battle)

5 trades, $45.8k cash.

Yort

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 3, 2018
Who are your other defenders? If you havent got one if Yeo, Laird, Sicily, Lloyd or Simpson (selection pending) I'd be making an effort to get them and it would be worth using 2 trades if it's your final upgrade.
Got all them, was thinking of crisp or tmac to finish off, but webster is affordable with only hte one downgrade so not sure what to do. thx

Yort

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 3, 2018
Tough decision there @Trussles and not sure you can go wrong with either. Makes sense to look at the ownership numbers and i think Lloyd has a slightly better SC game at present and i would be going that way.
either or, lloyd is killing it this yeo and yeo is playing plenty of midlfield, either one will see you through

Elliot H-R

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Jun 9, 2016
hey guys sorry for posting again quick question: Martin vs Beams vs M Crouch?

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Post all you like mate! I brought in Beams last week so super happy so far. Feels like Martin could explode any moment but been saying that all year, maybe it just won’t happen

Grinter

Feb 15, 2018
Hey guys, need some advice from you good people.

Got the cash to go Boak-Westhoff. Then again, could go Rice-Lynch to give me the cash for Spargo-Mundy next week leaving Boak as M9/F7.

First option gets rid of my weakest 'premium' for the best available, whereas second option provides coverage / loophole ability.

Thoughts? Need to win over the next few weeks to cement finals spots in main leagues.

moosey

6-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015

If it has to be thid week I would take Beams but I have a sneakly feeling we are about to see Dusty build his scoring.
he had IIRC 15 contested last weke and goals but I think what hurt his scoring was the game was done after Q1 to a degree so he missed the bigger points.

Will be watching him closely this week.

moosey

6-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015

I would add to this what is your league position?
If you are number 1 I would lean towards the higher owned to be honest to block the coachs below you.

If you are trying to make the 8 then I would go the more unique option as both of those are quality picks.

Reactions: Naterkwak

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Hey guys, need some advice from you good people.

Got the cash to go Boak-Westhoff. Then again, could go Rice-Lynch to give me the cash for Spargo-Mundy next week leaving Boak as M9/F7.

First option gets rid of my weakest 'premium' for the best available, whereas second option provides coverage / loophole ability.

Thoughts? Need to win over the next few weeks to cement finals spots in main leagues.
How many trades have you got left?
If you need to win games then you need to have as much value on the field as you can. Having a 450k DPP as bench cover doesnt help your on field scoring.

A couple of weeks ago I managed to move Petracca to m9/f7 but my league position allowed me to do it. If you need the wind, go all out and get as many points on field as you can.

moosey

6-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015

Tuff luck there and if Webster has a stinker this week and scores about a 60 you could get Rice to him next week which would be ideal.
Its all a big if though and in this spot you have to go with your gut.

For me I would upgrade Richards this week but thats just me as I see points on ground as crucial and dont mind rolling the low trade dice.