Round 15 Discussion and Trade Talk

Bozman

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 7, 2016
DEF: TMac, Lloyd, Yeo, Laird, Simpson, Richards (Austin, Keefe)
MID: Fyfe, Tich, Oliver, Danger, Cripps, Zerrett, Coniglio, Dusty (E.Phillips, Ahern, Giro)
RUC: Gawn, Nic Nat (Jeffries)
FWD: Heeney, Sicily, Gray, McLean, Petracca, Fritsch (Z.Langdon, Battle)

Cash $147.3K, 10 trades left

I'm thinking Fritsch > Franklin tonight. Leaves me $86.7K, just short to upgrade Richards this week to someone good ($438.7K). Thinking downgrade Langdon or Austin this week, allowing me to go Richards to Crisp next week.

Thoughts? And who do I downgrade target? I might have to go early on someone.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
In a bit of a tough spot after trading in Andrews last week. I have 5 trades left with one defender spot that isn’t premium. To get to a full premium side I will have to burn two trades and bench Andrews for next 2-3 weeks. So I’m left with these options.

1) Trade Andrews cut my loses and sit on 4 trades until timing is better to upgrade last defender.
2) Hold Andrews and upgrade around him trading out Holman and Murphy. Leaving me around 480k for an upgrade (Hurley).
3) Hold Andrews and sit on 5 trades waiting for other rookies to make dollars, so hopefully I can reach the likes of Lloyd.

I most likely have a donut this week if I don’t trade. I am not concerned about ranking at this point, just winning leagues.
Trade for sure. He'll be out for at least a month.

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
DEF: TMac, Lloyd, Yeo, Laird, Simpson, Richards (Austin, Keefe)
MID: Fyfe, Tich, Oliver, Danger, Cripps, Zerrett, Coniglio, Dusty (E.Phillips, Ahern, Giro)
RUC: Gawn, Nic Nat (Jeffries)
FWD: Heeney, Sicily, Gray, McLean, Petracca, Fritsch (Z.Langdon, Battle)

Cash $147.3K, 10 trades left

I'm thinking Fritsch > Franklin tonight. Leaves me $86.7K, just short to upgrade Richards this week to someone good ($438.7K). Thinking downgrade Langdon or Austin this week, allowing me to go Richards to Crisp next week.

Thoughts? And who do I downgrade target? I might have to go early on someone.

You should be able to get Webster reasonably cheap in two weeks.

Toadvine

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 15, 2018
Walters or De Goey as F/M swing? Both similar price. Treloar out = more mid time for De Goey?

Very risky. You'd prefer to see what they do this week with him. Even then.... Fantasy freako said in the dream team wrap that De Goey has had the 3rd most centre bounce attendances since round 11.
https://freako.championdata.com/2018/Fantasy_Freako_Rd_14.pdf
When you take that into account it seems he'd been playing mid for a while but has only had the one good game.

Personally I'd go Walters with his track record. But this can be the time of year where you should swing for the fence.

Reactions: Orallus_Maximus

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
11 Trades - 138K - Needing some advice on getting another premo mid, Cripps of J Kelly.
Need to go 1 down, 1 up. What's your advice? Cheers

DEF: Laird, H Shaw, Simpson, Sicily, Yeo, T Cole (Austin, L Murphy)
MID: Rockliff, Dusty, Danger, Fyfe, Cogs,Titch, Oliver, Petracca, (Giro, Brayshaw (freo), Ahern)
RUC: Gawn, NicNat (Olango)
FWD: Heeney, Maclean, R Gray, Buddy, D Smith, Billings (Fritsch, Guelfi)

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Very risky. You'd prefer to see what they do this week with him. Even then.... Fantasy freako said in the dream team wrap that De Goey has had the 3rd most centre bounce attendances since round 11.
https://freako.championdata.com/2018/Fantasy_Freako_Rd_14.pdf
When you take that into account it seems he'd been playing mid for a while but has only had the one good game.

Personally I'd go Walters with his track record. But this can be the time of year where you should swing for the fence.

Thanks for that. Good advice.

gloryboy

Assistant Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Jan 26, 2017
Looking for a DEF/MID downgrade option? Consider these 2 ME players

DEF/MID Joel Smith $152.5k (on bubble)
DEF Harrison Petty $117.3k (debut)

JS looks good, but even if they get dropped, ME have 4xSUN + 3xSAT-N games to come from last 8 games, perfect for #supercoach DEF/MID/VC loophole.

Reactions: Centroprise

Toadvine

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 15, 2018

DEFINITION of 'Swing for the Fences'
To "swing for the fences" means to attempt to earn large returns in the stock market with bold bets. The term "swing for the fences" has its origins in baseball. Batters who swing for the fences are trying to hit the ball over the fence to score a home run. Similarly, investors who "swing for the fences" are attempting to obtain large returns, often in exchange for significant risk.
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/swing-for-the-fences.asp

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
DEFINITION of 'Swing for the Fences'
To "swing for the fences" means to attempt to earn large returns in the stock market with bold bets. The term "swing for the fences" has its origins in baseball. Batters who swing for the fences are trying to hit the ball over the fence to score a home run. Similarly, investors who "swing for the fences" are attempting to obtain large returns, often in exchange for significant risk.
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/swing-for-the-fences.asp
So it's an American term being applied to our Australian game?

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Who was brave enough to VC mitchell tonight ?
If my Geelong bias hadn't given me a blinkered view that Danger was due for a big one, I would have. Fyfe should still go alright against Brisbane.

Reactions: Centroprise