gloryboy

Assistant Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Jan 26, 2017
Whats your current MN at?

I probably have a different formula to the standard one which I've seen floating around so my magic number might mean something different to you.

My formula, derived from first principles using simultaneous equations, has 2 MNs x and y.
y is the "PricedAt" coefficient (which changes weekly based on amount of cash in the supercoach game) and x is the "PriceChange" coefficient (which only changes some weeks - but has stabilised to approximately the same number for the last 6 weeks).

This round
y=4991
1/x=1/3.71=0.270

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
I probably have a different formula to the standard one which I've seen floating around so my magic number might mean something different to you.
My formula, derived from first principles using simultaneous equations, has 2 MNs x and y.
y is the "PricedAt" coefficient (which changes weekly based on amount of cash in the supercoach game) and x is the "PriceChange" coefficient (which only changes some weeks - but has stabilised to approximately the same number for the last 6 weeks).
This round
y=4991
1/x=1/3.71=0.270
Let me see if I understand this correctly.
As the season goes on you would expect the price change co-efficient to stabilize? If the amount of cash in the game never changes then with less rookies coming in and having large price increases there is more cash to spread around - so to speak. So there is less likelihood of the prices of established players changing as drastically as they might do when the rookies are having their first few price rises?
Does that make sense?

Reactions: moosey

gloryboy

Assistant Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Jan 26, 2017
Let me see if I understand this correctly.
As the season goes on you would expect the price change co-efficient to stabilize? If the amount of cash in the game never changes then with less rookies coming in and having large price increases there is more cash to spread around - so to speak. So there is less likelihood of the prices of established players changing as drastically as they might do when the rookies are having their first few price rises?
Does that make sense?

Yeah that sounds about right.
In addition to this, premium players are "over-priced" at the start of the season to allow rookie players to increase in price, which maintains the total amount of cash in supercoach to be the same at the end of each round.

Reactions: moosey

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Yeah that sounds about right.
In addition to this, premium players are "over-priced" at the start of the season to allow rookie players to increase in price, which maintains the total amount of cash in supercoach to be the same at the end of each round.
Good. That's how I though it worked but nice to have it confirmed. Thanks.

moosey

6-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015

This round
y=4991
1/x=1/3.71=0.270

Nice mate and great to have another SC nerd in the community!

Reactions: gloryboy and Tandy

Bozman

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 7, 2016
Question on trading for my Ultimate Footy league if I may, as you are all more knowledgeable than others.

I’ve got Jack Redden & Matt Crouch. Been offered Macrae & Greene. Greene I’m not keen on as he’s only played 3 games this year, and is still listed as a month off returning.

I was considering countering with Redden for Macrae. Thoughts? Would bring Douglas on field for me till Macrae returns, but then would give me a midfield of Duncan, Macrae, Crouch, Westhoff, Tyson/Douglas which looks pretty stacked in a 14 team league.

Thoughts?

gloryboy

Assistant Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Jan 26, 2017
R14 #supercoach Price Projections

Bayley Fritsch
Score 76
New Price $426k
New BE 95

Tim Smith
Score 68
New Price $225k
New BE 41

Joel Smith
Score 34
Price $153
New BE -33

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Question on trading for my Ultimate Footy league if I may, as you are all more knowledgeable than others.
I’ve got Jack Redden & Matt Crouch. Been offered Macrae & Greene. Greene I’m not keen on as he’s only played 3 games this year, and is still listed as a month off returning.
I was considering countering with Redden for Macrae. Thoughts? Would bring Douglas on field for me till Macrae returns, but then would give me a midfield of Duncan, Macrae, Crouch, Westhoff, Tyson/Douglas which looks pretty stacked in a 14 team league.
Thoughts?
It depends on how you are situated for the finals.
If your place in the finals is uncertain then I wouldn't take the trade. You have 2 players who are playing every week and are being offered 2 injured players who are both 3-4 weeks away from playing. By the time they return your finals' chances might be blown. Unless your substitutes are averaging OK? I wouldn't like to have to play Tyson/Douglas for very long
If your place in the finals is assured then I still wouldn't take the trade but others might.
On the surface it might look good:
Macrae - 120 ppg and Greene - 86 ppg = 206 ppg
Redden - 88 ppg and Crouch - 95 ppg = 183 ppg
But what averages do you expect from Greene and Macrae when they return? You might expect Greene to average the same but Macrae? Historically he's been a 105 ppg player and even though he's having a break-out season how well will he recover from his hammy? I wouldn't expect the 120 ppg to continue.
Crouch is performing below expectation this year. I attribute that to his having injured his hammy in rnd.2 and taking time to fully recover. Might Macrae not do the same?
In addition, Crouch improved in the second half last year: post-byes he averaged 114.2. I would expect him to improve again this year.
So you would be trading in one player, Macrae, who has already had his best results for a player, Crouch, whose best results are yet to come.
But as I say, others might have a different opinion.

Toadvine

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 15, 2018
I feel bad that after thinking how much of a dog act it was on Cameron's part I automatically started wondering how much Andrew's price would come down.

SC makes us horrible people haha

Reactions: Prospector

gloryboy

Assistant Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Jan 26, 2017
I feel bad that after thinking how much of a dog act it was on Cameron's part I automatically started wondering how much Andrew's price would come down.

SC makes us horrible people haha

Harris Andrews $454k in R17 with scores of 100/100 in R15/16 ;)

Reactions: Toadvine

gloryboy

Assistant Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Jan 26, 2017
R14 #supercoach Price Projection - Nicholas Holman

R14 Price=$371.2k
R14 Score=45
R14 PriceDrop= -$17k