Round 1 Discussion.

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015
Good start for most id guess but unlucky if you went with Kreuzer who was killing it til he got injured.

408/2C

Reactions: Yort

ThanksForComing

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 19, 2016
Who’s locking in Dusty’s 139 as captain. I’m loopholing him as we speak. Anything over 130 and I’ll take it. What’s your ‘captain score’ that you’ll take?

Garlett looked good early (37 points quarter time), but ended with 61. I’m kind of glad because I chose not to go with him.

What does everyone think of Keefe from GWS as a rookie option?

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
Who’s locking in Dusty’s 139 as captain. I’m loopholing him as we speak. Anything over 130 and I’ll take it. What’s your ‘captain score’ that you’ll take?

Garlett looked good early (37 points quarter time), but ended with 61. I’m kind of glad because I chose not to go with him.

You would be crazy to not lock Dusty in as skipper.

I'm now in a big pickle and don't know what to do with Brodie. Do I go one less premo in DEF and then upgrade Brodie to Coniglio? Or do I swap Brodie for say Clark and back him in on field?

Reactions: Geoff123

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015
I'm now in a big pickle and don't know what to do with Brodie. Do I go one less premo in DEF and then upgrade Brodie to Coniglio? Or do I swap Brodie for say Clark and back him in on field?

Go with what you think is the better team structure.

Brayshaw (decent looking scoring) & LDU (good js) are possible options as well.

Captain Danger

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Feb 27, 2017
Re: captain picks. I am thinking as a rule I would take anything over 130. Dusty locked and loaded!

Chose Garlett at the last minute! I was worried because I didn’t put him on the field! Happy with 60 for a bench.

Which rookies are you guys putting on the midfield? I have Brayshaw but who else? I can’t decide! Kelly?

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
Re: captain picks. I am thinking as a rule I would take anything over 130. Dusty locked and loaded!

Chose Garlett at the last minute! I was worried because I didn’t put him on the field! Happy with 60 for a bench.

Which rookies are you guys putting on the midfield? I have Brayshaw but who else? I can’t decide! Kelly?

Holman?

Reactions: Captain Danger

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015
Ground looking good for the big game in Cairns.

472938_ab133e8c803696f824343807ade88a62.jpeg

Machineman

Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Mar 10, 2016
I see all the all the Richmond small forwards scored tons last night and yet they did not get high possessions, just lots of pressure acts.
Question: Does anyone know if Supercoach scoring changed from last year and if so do they give more points for a pressure acts this year?

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
86K Need some help structuring my side. Do I move Sicily to another proven Backman. Danger? Goldy, Which rookie to go with in that last mid spot. Thoughts?

Def: Laird, Hibberd, Sicily (Finlayson)
Doedee, Naughton, Murray (Keefe)

Mid: Danger, Dusty, (T Kelly)
Titch, Kelly, Fyfe, (D Barry)
Brayshaw, Banfield, O'Connor (N Holman)

Ruck: Martin, Gawn (Olango)

Fwd: Heeney, Billings, D Smith,
Petracca, Christensen, Smith (Garlett, Ryan)

ThanksForComing

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 19, 2016
86K Need some help structuring my side. Do I move Sicily to another proven Backman. Danger? Goldy, Which rookie to go with in that last mid spot. Thoughts?

Def: Laird, Hibberd, Sicily (Finlayson)
Doedee, Naughton, Murray (Keefe)

Mid: Danger, Dusty, (T Kelly)
Titch, Kelly, Fyfe, (D Barry)
Brayshaw, Banfield, O'Connor (N Holman)

Ruck: Martin, Gawn (Olango)

Fwd: Heeney, Billings, D Smith,
Petracca, Christensen, Smith (Garlett, Ryan)

Keefe not playing, so move O’Connor to DEF and pick another mid rookie. Plenty there to choose from.

Not convinced Sicily will be an effective scorer. His standard deviation is massive. Can go from 100 one week to 40 the next. Maybe spend the extra 86K on upgrading him.
Each to their own with Danger, hard to say whether you carry him a week or not. I wouldn’t, but then many are.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
McGrath was impressive, think he might be a good pick. Had him in but ended up finding the cash to go up to Savage instead. Got a feeling I might regret that.

Smith scored well, but can't say i saw him do much. Might have got some of Zerrett's points. Sucks for those who picked Zerrett, unlucky there.

Yort

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 3, 2018

yeah im taking the dusty 130, will be kicking myself if gawn goes big though. got garlett on bench so 60 is ok,

May 14, 2015
Edinburgh, Scotland
Dangerfield & Conglio
vs Tom Mitchell & Josh Kelly...
It’s like having the number 1 draft pick and trading it for picks 2&3. Is it better to have the number 1 player in the league, or the 2nd & 3rd? (Dusty excepted - already got him VC’d).

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Dangerfield & Conglio
vs Tom Mitchell & Josh Kelly...
It’s like having the number 1 draft pick and trading it for picks 2&3. Is it better to have the number 1 player in the league, or the 2nd & 3rd? (Dusty excepted - already got him VC’d).

Considering Danger isn't playing this week and is no certainty for next week I'd be picking Mitch and Kelly for sure.

Reactions: Clint in Scotland

Ice Cold Beverage

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Jan 24, 2017
Melbourne
I see all the all the Richmond small forwards scored tons last night and yet they did not get high possessions, just lots of pressure acts.
Question: Does anyone know if Supercoach scoring changed from last year and if so do they give more points for a pressure acts this year?

I noticed that players are getting +1 for a pressure act that results in a turn over but I'm pretty sure this was the case last year.

Ice Cold Beverage

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Jan 24, 2017
Melbourne
McGrath was impressive, think he might be a good pick. Had him in but ended up finding the cash to go up to Savage instead. Got a feeling I might regret that.

Smith scored well, but can't say i saw him do much. Might have got some of Zerrett's points. Sucks for those who picked Zerrett, unlucky there.

He did score well, was set for a 100+ but was playing more wing/half forward in the second half. What is interesting is that when he was around the ball playing as an inside mid he racked it up and won a number of clearances. No idea why Worsfold didn't play him in there more which is worrying signs as an owner

Toadvine

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 15, 2018
He did score well, was set for a 100+ but was playing more wing/half forward in the second half. What is interesting is that when he was around the ball playing as an inside mid he racked it up and won a number of clearances. No idea why Worsfold didn't play him in there more which is worrying signs as an owner

Agree I was worried seeing they moved him forward of the ball especially in the last quarter when they were looking to create goal opportunities. Can only hope they won't do that when Orazio comes back from injury.