Rookies 2016

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London
Kennedy, Milera and Menadue are all a bit more expensive but they are the standout genuine fwd rookies (Wells excluded). All three look like they have decent job security too. Probably only room for two though. I'm leaning towards Kennedy and Menadue. Menadue looks an absolute lock for Richmond with their current injuries.

clint Stott

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 6, 2016
The podcast will be gold this week,hopeful it will finalize some rookie issues.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Word from the Dees is that Petracca will not be playing any level of footy until at least R6, the club wants to make sure he's Ok.
Thanks for that. I was considering starting him if he was going to come in round 2 or 3. Much easier to bring him in mid-season as a downgrade target.

Sucks for Melbourne though :(

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
When is this weeks podi out?

If Ruggles doenst get upgraded then Cowan might make 22

Not sure why Dons didnt upgrade all 5 rookies when they could have from the start

jibba

Senior Coach
Veterans
May 8, 2015
When is this weeks podi out?

If Ruggles doenst get upgraded then Cowan might make 22

Not sure why Dons didnt upgrade all 5 rookies when they could have from the start
They can only upgrade two. 12 out, 10 topups, so 2 spots available.
I think Tippa and McKenna are the front runners. Long, Hams, Wallis behind those two.

Ruggles has the shakiest JS. Can't trust him to hold a spot at all. Bews/Kolo/Smedts when back. Just can't see him stringing enough games together. Cats tend to be a poor choice for rookies. Thurlow, Bews, Smedts were all in and out in their rookie years. I'd look elsewhere.

Reactions: Prospector

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
I think Tippa and McKenna are the front runners. Long, Hams, Wallis behind those two.

Ruggles has the shakiest JS. Can't trust him to hold a spot at all. Bews/Kolo/Smedts when back. Just can't see him stringing enough games together. Cats tend to be a poor choice for rookies. Thurlow, Bews, Smedts were all in and out in their rookie years. I'd look elsewhere.
Yes but im still scratching my head about Grima being picked up

jibba

Senior Coach
Veterans
May 8, 2015
Yes but im still scratching my head about Grima being picked up

We needed a KPP and there weren't really many available. Don't think he was the worst pick up for a year. Decent depth option when he's available. I don't think he'll play that many, but he's there if a couple of blokes get injuries (Esp. as Brown and Hartley have injury histories). Also a funny bloke, worth it for the post-match interviews alone :p.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong

And yet last year Gregson and Lang both played 20+ games. If you're good enough, you play. Smedts will never be good enough. Bews was a role player, no longer best 22. Thurlow didn't have a position. All were 18 year old draftees. Ruggles is older and has a defined position. He's a different player to Kolo. I'm not saying he will play 22 games or anything but I think he's worth a punt.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
And yet last year Gregson and Lang both played 20+ games. If you're good enough, you play. Smedts will never be good enough. Bews was a role player, no longer best 22. Thurlow didn't have a position. All were 18 year old draftees. Ruggles is older and has a defined position. He's a different player to Kolo. I'm not saying he will play 22 games or anything but I think he's worth a punt.

Think there's a chance he's upgraded but Cowan plays R1 and he doesnt.