Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
O'Mera is your biggest regret?! He kicked three points on the weekend ... if he converted a couple of them he probably tons up. As long as his body holds together until the byes he'll be a good pick I reckon. Just out of interest who would you have had on field if you hadn't spent the cash on JOM?
Need to hold tight on JOM. If you picked him to make big points and cash early then you probably picked him for the wrong reason. I thought he might average 90-95 the first half of the year and then average 105-110 for the second half of the year as he builds his match fitness. He would then slot in nicely at M8 for the run home.

Reactions: cactus

WATSON4PM

Patron '17
Patron '18
May 12, 2015
Picking hrovat over nankervis seems to be a poor decision on my behalf. Only round one but I'm still thinking of pulling the trigger and correcting this mistake

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Picking hrovat over nankervis seems to be a poor decision on my behalf. Only round one but I'm still thinking of pulling the trigger and correcting this mistake
I'd probably only do it this week if you anticipate needing 2x rookie corrections next week.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Need to hold tight on JOM. If you picked him to make big points and cash early then you probably picked him for the wrong reason. I thought he might average 90-95 the first half of the year and then average 105-110 for the second half of the year as he builds his match fitness. He would then slot in nicely at M8 for the run home.

His role looked outstanding for a bloke they were supposed to be easing in, he''ll come good but it was always unlikely he'd hit keeper numbers.

Reactions: cactus

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
At this stage I have:
DEF: Hampton and Otten on field (J Smith, M Hibberd)
MID: Swallow ,H-Smith (Barrett, Pickett, P. Pepper)
FWD: Hannan, Taranto on field (B Eddy, Parfitt)

Would you hold this week, or make a trade, options?
Thanks

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
At this stage I have:
DEF: Hampton and Otten on field (J Smith, M Hibberd)
MID: Swallow ,H-Smith (Barrett, Pickett, P. Pepper)
FWD: Hannan, Taranto on field (B Eddy, Parfitt)

Would you hold this week, or make a trade, options?
Thanks
Smith is the only one I'd consider trading this week because from what I heard he is likely to be out for ages ... but even then I'd only do it early if I was fairly sure I was going to need two other corrective trades next week. Looks like you've got a fair few of the promising rookies already so maybe wait unlit Newman from Sydney is in the bubble after round three and bring him in for Smith.

Ice Cold Beverage

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Jan 24, 2017
Melbourne
Just to clarify, the main reason I regret picking JOM is because I deliberately wanted to go against the vanilla trend and not pick him. Who I'd have instead is a very good question.. Clayton Oliver at $382k was tempting but I was missing out by $10k

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Hannebery is looking like a massive regret. Role change, not at centre bounces, and hampered by his knee even though he got through the preseason. Ive never rage traded a premium before round 3. I don't want to start now... But I can't see him being a top 10 mid this year

Reactions: TomCat

alrighty then

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 30, 2015
Only regret is starting P Cripps after the Bont was in my team most of the pre season in his place. Im hoping he magically dominates this week and eases my mind. As a bombers fan, i wish i started Hepp as well but i dont regret it as he showed nothing in the pre season

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Hannebery is looking like a massive regret. Role change, not at centre bounces, and hampered by his knee even though he got through the preseason. Ive never rage traded a premium before round 3. I don't want to start now... But I can't see him being a top 10 mid this year

I don't think that a player has frustrated me as much as Hannebery did last night. His effort was putrid.

He was one of the first players selected in my team and has never left the side ... :rolleyes:o_O:oops:

Reactions: Steve

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I don't think that a player has frustrated me as much as Hannebery did last night. His effort was putrid.

He was one of the first players selected in my team and has never left the side ... :rolleyes:o_O:oops:

I think that's what is so frustrating about it he was supposed to be the "safe" choice.

Trading him down to Bont would let me get in WHE for Turner, I'm tempted.

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
I think that's what is so frustrating about it he was supposed to be the "safe" choice.

Trading him down to Bont would let me get in WHE for Turner, I'm tempted.

I'm tempted to make a similar move but I'm also worried that it will backfire.

He's really put us in a difficult position and I'm praying that we get some news that he's out for 3-4 weeks due to injury. It's much easier having the decision made for you ...

Reactions: Prospector