Rd 9 Upgrade Targets

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Josh Gibson on my shopping list this week. Looks a bargain at 460K and some change. A couple of KPB have returned at The Hawks so his scoring may go back to a consistently high level after a few down weeks.

Might mean missing out on Lids. I was hoping (from a SC point of view) that he'd take a couple of games to really get going meaning I could pick him up on the cheap around the bye. No such luck.

Got Rocky last week.

Reactions: alman

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Currently nvb - rocky and Tarrant - Dumont for me. But.....
I don't have TBC (happy bout it) but obviously "everyone" was planning on him for Ruk bye coverage right. was thinking about trying to find someone else for that role in my team but can't. no rookie r12 rucks and don't want to waste $ so thinking outside the box here and of possibly bringing in Blicavs to my mids to move in there for cover. sound feasible or completely gone troppo?
Any thoughts appreciated as always. No Carlton talk though please.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Can't believe Lumumba will survive another week with Lonie and Tarrant having to go.

Peter Wright has been playing well in the 2s for Gold Coast may be getting games soon, Ruck/Forward but pricey at 187k.

Reactions: cactus

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Well obviously there is Ryder who is cheap (probably going to get cheaper) but he's hard to recommend on current form.

If I didn't already have TBC I probably wouldn't be worrying about bye round ruck cover - just try and make sure I had 18-19 players across all the lines. If Goldy cops weeks for the elbow on the weekend however ... folk without TBC might need some cover.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
So Teves is moving Tarrent more of a priority than Lumumba? Lamumba is presumably going to drop more cash ... and if he looks like he's not even going to make D6 - D7 standard ...

writeoff

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Somewhere in time
Currently nvb - rocky and Tarrant - Dumont for me. But.....
I don't have TBC (happy bout it) but obviously "everyone" was planning on him for Ruk bye coverage right. was thinking about trying to find someone else for that role in my team but can't. no rookie r12 rucks and don't want to waste $ so thinking outside the box here and of possibly bringing in Blicavs to my mids to move in there for cover. sound feasible or completely gone troppo?
Any thoughts appreciated as always. No Carlton talk though please.
Who are your three rucks?
Blicavs is the only R/M so to move him into your rucks for cover you would have to trade out one of your current rucks, or if one is a R/F, you could move him into your forward line, trade out a forward and then move Blicavs into the ruck.

alman

Development Coach
May 7, 2015
Thinking of Cripps to Sidebottom. Need a POD in the mids - only in 0.7% of teams. Only concern is his price at $609k.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Thinking of Cripps to Sidebottom. Need a POD in the mids - only in 0.7% of teams. Only concern is his price at $609k.

You are buying him high but if you can afford it why not? He's a gun and with Pendles under an injury cloud might end up their best Mid by seasons end, banged 130 in 67 minutes round 1.

GFNL Blue Baggers

Perennial Finalists.
Veterans
May 6, 2015
Brisbane, Qld
I have a quandary, but a good one. I have enough in the bank to do double upgrade this week. Will definitely go Cripps to Lewis, then will offload Tarrant to 580k mid. This will give me 6 Premos Mids plus Griffen at M7. 1 Rookie on field. I'm also still only playing 4 Premo FWD.

My quandary is if J Glenn is selected for Gold Coast, I think I'd be crazy not to pick him up as he'll be handy later on. He'd also give me $460k in bank to do the double upgrade next week.

Happy to hear some ideas as most of you are travelling better than me.

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
Tarrant > Franklin
one of Cripps/CEY > Rocky.

I'm not sure whether to hold CEY or Cripps. One of them will most likely occupy my M8 possy with the rest being premos.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Yeah Franklin looks the obvious one this week, I was Keen on Lids but thinking of waiting till R12

Muddiemoose

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 6, 2015
Looking at Dahlhaus this week... Franklin won't work for me until after round the round 12 bye
And still a little concern about lids being rested thorough out the season