Rd 9 Downgrades

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Jed Anderson not named again, not even emergency. Seriously considering swapping him for Amon, it'll be a close call but I should be able to wait until Ports sub is named before pulling the trigger. His numbers actually don't look too bad for a sub, and with Cornes out the door there might just be a spot for him. Even if he just plays through the byes he would come in very handy. Anyone else have Anderson?

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Jed Anderson not named again, not even emergency. Seriously considering swapping him for Amon, it'll be a close call but I should be able to wait until Ports sub is named before pulling the trigger. His numbers actually don't look too bad for a sub, and with Cornes out the door there might just be a spot for him. Even if he just plays through the byes he would come in very handy. Anyone else have Anderson?
Yep, considering the same, tho with a couple of debutants named this week, I might hold fire. Jed has been playing well in the twos, but we're pretty close to full strength right now. Billy Hartung has played himself into the spot that we expected to be Jed's.

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
keegan Brooksby - my great white hope as a r12 bye ruckman hope he smashes it the next couple and turns out a solid swap for cox, could be the difference!

Reactions: cactus

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
So what is crazier:
Taking a mid pricer with a history of being used as a tagger?
Or a mature aged 200K rookie who is not even on the bubble yet after a single solid but unspectacular game?
Or a cheap mature age rookie who has shown he can hit 100 SC points in a game but is out injured for another week or two?
Or a promising kid who has only been used as the sub so far and we don't know if he can run out a game and has questionable job security?

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Yep theyre all crazy haha... I see the reasoning though. I'm going early on Biggs. Ditching Miller for him which starts to clear up some major round 12 issues for me, and moving CEY to Rocky. Holding Cripps through the byes, I think he's got more in him.

Amon would probably be the best bet if the bargain pricers though. Looks like he should take Cornes spot. Dale staying in with so many outs could be a plus too but you just don't know why those guys have all been omitted. They're not exexactly short on talent. Might just be one week out as a "lift your game" thing after the Dees loss. Such a tough call to make. I'd only be getting those ones in if you absolutely need to trade elsewhere this week.

alrighty then

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 30, 2015
Atm I have Dale sitting in my team. This is due to my need to trade to get Rocky in this week. For me, my team looks a lot better getting in a fwd rookie than a mid rookie (hence Dale over Amon).

Here is an interesting question though. Kane Lambert is now listed as 1-3 weeks away on the Richmond injury list. Is it almost less of a risk trading in K. Lambert, and hoping he plays in Rd. 12 and 13, than trading in one of these Rookies?

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Atm I have Dale sitting in my team. This is due to my need to trade to get Rocky in this week. For me, my team looks a lot better getting in a fwd rookie than a mid rookie (hence Dale over Amon).

Here is an interesting question though. Kane Lambert is now listed as 1-3 weeks away on the Richmond injury list. Is it almost less of a risk trading in K. Lambert, and hoping he plays in Rd. 12 and 13, than trading in one of these Rookies?

I also brought Dale into my forward line via Krak but for Lewis as I grabbed Rocky last week. I like how your thinking though about Lambert, but he may be a little further as he might come through the 2's. I have actually held Lambert for the duration knowing he will eventually comeback he has been used a couple of times now as a loophole, very handy.

alman

Development Coach
May 7, 2015
Lambert will come in via two's almost certainly, so would be a no for early trade in as need as many scoring rooks as possible during the byes.

Reactions: Prospector

stillmatick

May 8, 2015
Let's not forget about Heeney coming back just after the byes. At only 234k, he's perfect for a downgrade option from Touk/CEY, expecting to pocket 200k.

Reactions: Prospector

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Feel like I should trade. I had Goodes as my backline cover. I'm carrying B.Smith. If I don't trade Goodes to someone good I'll have McKenzie on field with no bench cover and McKenzie is on an extended bench.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Going Glenn I think. If Amon smashes out 100 I can still pick him up next week at a slightly raised price. In he spuds I can take Biggs instead. Wallis runs against me.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I hope those that traded this week held onto Cripps! All the signs to keep him were there and he didn't disappoint. It's almost looking that he will remain in my team for the duration he is going to be great bench coverage.

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
I hope those that traded this week held onto Cripps! All the signs to keep him were there and he didn't disappoint. It's almost looking that he will remain in my team for the duration he is going to be great bench coverage.

Kept him had the Big E on him. Glenn on Miller off NVB to Rocky and Vburg and Cripp can start for one more week.

If cripps hadn't given the fifty, about four frees with goal range and a couple of turnovers in the same area his score would of been heaps better. He looks area player, I commented to a mate that he appears a little slow and his response was "so was greg Williams" fair enough. Some hope for us poor barstards at least!

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
He does look a little slow, but he is still new to the game and adjusting to the pace, but he will be superstar for your boys!

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
I read Hogans sledge today. He plays well and has a bit of wit too. Don't lose him to the Dockers doddy. they are fishing are round for him I believe.

Reactions: doddy2731

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Cripps certainly isn't quick but he's not slow Imo similar to Heppell I reckon needs to build his tank but that will come with more pre-seasons, frees against, some of which were very soft, probably cost him 20+ Points,

I think they should stick with him and Nick Graham in the middle, with Bell around as well they'll need to find some good ball uses, the list is shit don't get me wrong but I don't think it's quite as shit as Mick's game plan made it look.

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
No game plan.
lucky when he was at Collingwood he had some naturals in swan, didak, shaw, and cloke had a good year.
Last night undermanned and at least they showed some balls and tried for what It was worth.