Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Man this sucks. I've done some full 360s on my plans already and it's only Tuesday.

On Saturday night, I was trading both Rocky and Barlow. Then just Barlow. Then keeping both. And now I'm on to just Rocky.

With Barlow, it's risky keeping him but he's just as likely to turn it around and bust out that 95 avg which is all I want from him. If he backs up with 3 more bad games after this then he will have dropped value but still have enough in him to cut your losses and move to someone else without a great cost.

Rocky... I love the kid, he's one of my favourite players to watch. But he burned me so bad last year and this feels EXACTLY the same. I can't do it again. I hope he goes on a tear and makes me regret it, but more than that I hope the Lions give him a chance to get himself fit and come back when he's ready, otherwise it's 2 wasted years for such a huge talent.

Reactions: Dino and cactus

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
yeh radio just said rocky is out for two weeks

Dustin Martin

Apr 5, 2016
I have Petracca and Grimley currently sitting on the pine, hopefully one of them gets a game this week to make my decision easier, but - has anyone heard anything about either of these two playing anytime soon? Papley will likely be coming in for one of them

Also, is it definitely time to offload Rocky? I could maybe bench him for one week but if he's out for 2 or more he's a goner. Thinking Parker is the best option to replace him, anyone else worth a look in?

Dom Dunn

Patron '16
Patron '20
Patron '21
Mar 10, 2016
does anyone think that holding rocklift and trading a gresham up to a Z merret is a good approach. Then oviously later on move him foward through dpp, feels like a good option to me.
I like that. Merrett seems to be one of the only ones who will get points at Essendon.
Hold Rocky for sure!!

Reactions: smirski

Dom Dunn

Patron '16
Patron '20
Patron '21
Mar 10, 2016
Remember the year we all held and held and held...and HELD an ageing Alan Didak expecting his form to turn around but he just kept falling to around 300k. Sometimes these blokes are just over the hill and we need to let them move on to greener pastures. Not saying that's 100% the case with Barlow but it's food for thought..
It's a fair point, but I am happy to wait another week and see how he goes.

Brad

Assistant Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 13, 2015
I have Petracca and Grimley currently sitting on the pine, hopefully one of them gets a game this week to make my decision easier, but - has anyone heard anything about either of these two playing anytime soon? Papley will likely be coming in for one of them

Also, is it definitely time to offload Rocky? I could maybe bench him for one week but if he's out for 2 or more he's a goner. Thinking Parker is the best option to replace him, anyone else worth a look in?
i dont have A Hall at the moment so that is the way im looking

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
Any news on rich cause i feel like it will be awkward holding rocky if hes out for me aswell for 1 week.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Not sure about Grimley but can't imagine you would see Petracca until rd 6 at the earliest. The boys on the podcast said as much. Roos has also stated he won't play until he has a few games under his belt and needs match fitness. They may have realised also they made a mistake by selecting Brayshaw who apparently was underdone.

Reactions: doddy2731

Dustin Martin

Apr 5, 2016
Not sure about Grimley but can't imagine you would see Petracca until rd 6 at the earliest. The boys on the podcast said as much. Roos has also stated he won't play until he has a few games under his belt and needs match fitness. They may have realised also they made a mistake by selecting Brayshaw who apparently was underdone.
Reckon now would be the time to jump off Petracca then? Not worth the risk of waiting?

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Reckon now would be the time to jump off Petracca then? Not worth the risk of waiting?
Providing the rest of your team is ok, I would. Its a waste of a trade/correction trade but what happens in r6/r7 if Petracca is selected and you have rookies ready to cull but have no one to downgrade them too because he is sitting on the pine. All my mumbo jumbo could be for nothing if he is named this week though :p

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Who to bring in for Barlow?

Hall, JJ or Gibson?
I have Hall. I'd go him. Close down the point of difference against you. Has looked fantastic the last couple of weeks.

I don't have JJ and I'm considering him. Don't expect him to go 100+. Looks like he is a decent chance of 93-95 which would be OK at the price.

I picked up Gibson at some point last year and he disappointed. Unless you think there is something in the rule changes that will significantly advantage him he should go at about 90 for the rest of the year. Acceptable but not exceptional.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
So having got the cheaper rookies right (no Weitering or Parish) my main issues are Barlow & Rocky like a lot of people it seems, both are guys I wanted to keep for the season and the idea of trading out any of my 12 keepers from the start sickens me BUT if I'm going to do it I guess now is the time, I'm thinking about Barlow to Zorko and next week Rockliff to Fyfe, been toying with the idea of Merret, Lynch, Lambert in the FWD and Cripps in the MIDs just to be different but I think if I'm trading out keepers it needs to be for better than what already have/had.

I know an argument for Barlow is that he can come good but I got him to average 100+ not 90 & even 90 looks pie in the sky at the moment.

Steven

Mar 19, 2016
I have Hall. I'd go him. Close down the point of difference against you. Has looked fantastic the last couple of weeks.

I don't have JJ and I'm considering him. Don't expect him to go 100+. Looks like he is a decent chance of 93-95 which would be OK at the price.

I picked up Gibson at some point last year and he disappointed. Unless you think there is something in the rule changes that will significantly advantage him he should go at about 90 for the rest of the year. Acceptable but not exceptional.

I agree - I think Hall has taken his game to the next level.
I will take your advice - thank you.