Rd 3 trades

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
[QUOTE Someone will have to make way for Papley so it will have to be Gresham or Barlow I guess.
I may be wrong but I think you will find Gresham is only a mid and Paps is only a fwd. DPP might be able to get around it though.[/QUOTE]
Yes, sorry, would need to move a Menadue type into the midfield to make this trade.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I'm starting to cool on trading either of Barlow or Rocky. I don't know why, just a gut feel. I really want to get JJ in though and am considering ditching Shaw temporarily with a view to get him back in down the track. Yes its burning a trade but it's also pocketing 200k plus who knows how many points. Early days still. I'm just as likely to hold fire altogether as I have all the rookies already.

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
Bit nervous with trading in bulldogs players, they have had 2 big wins. A few losses could see SC points halve, pretty tricky trying to guess if they will continue with the high scoring.

Reactions: cactus

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Bit nervous with trading in bulldogs players, they have had 2 big wins. A few losses could see SC points halve, pretty tricky trying to guess if they will continue with the high scoring.
Not expecting 110 averages or anything but so many games at Etihad will definitely play a part.

Brky

Aspiring Coach
Jun 12, 2015
Any one watch the Freo game on the weekend?I missed it.

I saw just now Sheridan listed as having a hamstring issue. Any ideas what that's about. Would certainly explain the sub par score.

I'm not really considering him as a trade out option, just doing some due diligence.

GMAT

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Mar 3, 2016
what are thoughts on Barlow? I just looked at his scores from last year and first 4 rounds 75, 136, 66, 54. So if he gets a ton this week it's not to disimilar to last year and he ended up @93, and that's what I signed him for. My gut feel is I should hold him, save a trade and hope he turns it around.

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
Everyone is blindly writing off Barlow after two terrible games from Freo.

He stays for me.

Gresh->Papley

Rocky->TBD (Parker ATM) if he's out for more than a couple.

brenna

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Feb 26, 2016
Any one watch the Freo game on the weekend?I missed it.

I saw just now Sheridan listed as having a hamstring issue. Any ideas what that's about. Would certainly explain the sub par score.
I Believe he was off getting looked at by the physio for about 10 minutes in the third quarter, seemed fine when he returned but didn't get near the pill.

Dom Dunn

Patron '16
Patron '20
Patron '21
Mar 10, 2016
watching the games, we only picked him for his increased midfield time and yesterday i saw him attend like 3-5 centre bounces and just run forward after that. He looked slow and was always underpressure when he got he pill. Personally i don't think he will get better.
I'm holding for a bit longer. Too many times I have traded blokes too early & regretted it. Give him a bit more time (saying a few prayers!)

Dom Dunn

Patron '16
Patron '20
Patron '21
Mar 10, 2016
I
I'm starting to cool on trading either of Barlow or Rocky. I don't know why, just a gut feel. I really want to get JJ in though and am considering ditching Shaw temporarily with a view to get him back in down the track. Yes its burning a trade but it's also pocketing 200k plus who knows how many points. Early days still. I'm just as likely to hold fire altogether as I have all the rookies already.
I wouldn't waste trades. If you keep Shaw all year doesn't matter what his price fluctuates.
I'm holding Barlow & Rocky as well.

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
does anyone think that holding rocklift and trading a gresham up to a Z merret is a good approach. Then oviously later on move him foward through dpp, feels like a good option to me.

Reactions: jester5au and Mick

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
does anyone think that holding rocklift and trading a gresham up to a Z merret is a good approach. Then oviously later on move him foward through dpp, feels like a good option to me.

Sounds fine if you can do it, i'm also holding Rocky at this stage if he's only out for one it will be a wasted trade.
I'm running a similar approach in RDT with Hall in the middle, and then i'll swing him forward for when the upgrading begins.
There were so many good rooks down there that it was the only way i could get Hall in my team.

Mick

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
@smirski I like the move of getting in Z Merrett and looking at it myself if not this week then early on. If you have the cash and all the good rookies then Degoey to Z Merrett is a great move IMO.

mdola2

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '19
Feb 24, 2016
I'm holding for a bit longer. Too many times I have traded blokes too early & regretted it. Give him a bit more time (saying a few prayers!)
Remember the year we all held and held and held...and HELD an ageing Alan Didak expecting his form to turn around but he just kept falling to around 300k. Sometimes these blokes are just over the hill and we need to let them move on to greener pastures. Not saying that's 100% the case with Barlow but it's food for thought..

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Lions have said Rocky will miss up to 2 weeks
Aargh. Wish the Lions would get their story straight. Was going to hold him when they said one week but now I'm not sure.

Knowing the way Rocky rolls - the Lions will say two weeks - Rocky will make a miraculous recovery and only miss one - then will do some other crazy injury halfway through the first.

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
2 weeks makes things 2 tricky.

3 he's gone. 1 he stays.

But 2? 2? Ugh.

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
Remember the year we all held and held and held...and HELD an ageing Alan Didak expecting his form to turn around but he just kept falling to around 300k. Sometimes these blokes are just over the hill and we need to let them move on to greener pastures. Not saying that's 100% the case with Barlow but it's food for thought..
Barlow is in his 7th season of footy. He's 28 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no way he had suddenly declined into nothing. His terrible 2 games of form is making people over think him. Certainly not enough exposed form for panic stations, especially with his scoring history.

Reactions: Prospector

mdola2

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '19
Feb 24, 2016
Barlow is in his 7th season of footy. He's 28 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no way he had suddenly declined into nothing. His terrible 2 games of form is making people over think him. Certainly not enough exposed form for panic stations, especially with his scoring history.
Agreed, he should be peaking at 27-28 years old but he just seems too slow for the way the game is being played right now. Maybe it's more of a Freo problem than a Michael Barlow problem. Let's keep in mind they have just played two of the quickest moving sides in the competition in the Suns and the Doggies though and the game is always at break neck speeds early in the season so I dunno. It's a tough call on what to do with Barlow..

Reactions: bat