Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
At this stage, I'm looking at:

Rocky>Parker
Barlow>JJ (via DPP)

Praying that Rich misses this week so he doesn't go down in price and I can upgrade him to one of Martin or Zorko next week.

Reactions: jester5au

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
3 correction trades on premiums to start the season is a worry. But I don't like what I've seen of Barlow - he looks slow and as if the game has passed him by. Rocky can't stay fit. And watching the way Rich handled the tag on Sat was embarrassing. Don't think I can ride that rollercoaster of willing him to ball when he's tagged, because he just cannot beat it.

Bombers56

Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Jun 11, 2015
I am holding Rocky as he will not play and saves the problem for another week.

Through DPP I swapped Barlow and Gresham for Papley and Johannisen. Gives me a cash injection of over $200,000 + the $50,000 drop of Barlow

Though it might all changed by weeks end :)

Reactions: GMAT
Apr 29, 2015
I did 2 stupid things with my starting line up. I went with 'value' in the rucks (T Nicholls and Z Smith) and went with 2 genuine mid pricers (L McDonald and J Polec).

Reasons for doing so we're that I went Guns n Rookies last year, ended up in the top 1000 but had such a boring season making all the 'right' trades. I wanted to make it interesting and take a few risks. Well, once again, I've been proven wrong!

So prior to Rd 2 I went McDonald to Weitering which maybe been premature, but I wanted to make sure I had 2 trades in hand this week if required.

Polec has made my decision easy. He will become Dunkley if he keeps his spot (I have all the other correct rookies).

Then it will probably be Barlow to Hall.

Hoping that Rockliff and Rich miss rather than play and have their prices drop. I can then work out what to do with them later.

I love this game. I hate this game.

Reactions: captainchardonnay

kinggo

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 27, 2015
Is Barlow still at top 6 Fwd by seasons end? Not sure who forces him lower than top 10 at worst. If that's the case I see there to be more value in keeping him. Surely Freo pick up from here???

Why couldn't Papley just be average in his second game - now everyone is on him....oh well guess I save a trade but he was at least a bit of a POD rookie.

Rocky and Rich may both get up for this week so that will make things interesting. I'm planning to take the $$hit and see how they go again. Rocky should come good with his scores at some point.

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
Is Barlow still at top 6 Fwd by seasons end? Not sure who forces him lower than top 10 at worst. If that's the case I see there to be more value in keeping him. Surely Freo pick up from here???

Why couldn't Papley just be average in his second game - now everyone is on him....oh well guess I save a trade but he was at least a bit of a POD rookie.

Rocky and Rich may both get up for this week so that will make things interesting. I'm planning to take the $$hit and see how they go again. Rocky should come good with his scores at some point.

watching the games, we only picked him for his increased midfield time and yesterday i saw him attend like 3-5 centre bounces and just run forward after that. He looked slow and was always underpressure when he got he pill. Personally i don't think he will get better.

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015

Through DPP I swapped Barlow and Gresham for Papley and Johannisen. Gives me a cash injection of over $200,000 + the $50,000 drop of Barlow

Yeah I was planning on holding Rocky too as he won't play but I want Parker. I can only get Parker if I trade out Rocky so just hoping Rich misses so i can hold him without a price change happening next wk. Otherwise if Rich plays I will possibly look at holding Rocky and doing Rich>JJ and Barlow>Cripps.

GMAT

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Mar 3, 2016

I made those same same trades Last night. Of course I will change my mind 10 times by the end of the week.
I also got Rich but I sticking by him, all defenders Are as bad as each other and I am not going to waste trades by swapping in defence.

Reactions: cactus and Steve

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
My problems...

I have:

-Barlow
-Rockliff
-Rich
-J.Steele
-Sidebottom
-D.Menzel

I dont have:
-B.Kennedy
-Parker
-Johannissen
-Papley
-Ablett

unsure which 2 from each list I should address this week

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
My problems...

I have:

-Barlow
-Rockliff
-Rich
-J.Steele
-Sidebottom
-D.Menzel

I dont have:
-B.Kennedy
-Parker
-Johannissen
-Papley
-Ablett

unsure which 2 from each list I should address this week
Getting Kennedy would be my priority, probably for Jack Steele. And if Menzel isn't named again then a trade to Papey could be a good move

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Lucky enough to have all the best rookies from the start but Rocky & Barlow.

Opinions on Kane Lambert? obviously his first score was very impressive but going forward maybe the 100 off 17 touches in a loss is maybe more impressive.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Rich could make his 133 BE, Barlow with 2 x 60 scores is a worry though.

spewing i didnt go steele to papley before the weekend but was worried about Papley getting a 3rd game in a row.

Barlow to Papley this week if Paps gets a game but also have rocky, rich, steele. Probably go Parish or Davis for Steele if not named as i have Adams, Weitering, Mills, Oliver, Kennedy, Wells, Kerridge, Dea, Wala, Hewett, Menadue, Gresham, Rioli

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Menzel will play this week

I'm already getting butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it. As much as I want him playing it is so stressful watching him.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Brisbane is reporting Rocky and Rich cleared of major damage. May still get up this week given the 8 day break. Going to miss one game at most unless they have further setbacks.

http://m.lions.com.au/news/2016-04-04/rocky-rich-scans

Reckon I'll probably hold Rocky can such up the price drop. Someone will have to make way for Papley so it will have to be Gresham or Barlow I guess.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
[QUOTE Someone will have to make way for Papley so it will have to be Gresham or Barlow I guess.[/QUOTE]
I may be wrong but I think you will find Gresham is only a mid and Paps is only a fwd. DPP might be able to get around it though.