Pre Season chat

luke394

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Apr 28, 2015
Geelong, VIC
They think Vardy suffered an addductor strain in a practice match on the week-end. Which means he should be out for a month or more.
So with all the NicNat problems there is a good chance Lycett will be sole or main ruck at the start of the season.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-03-05/big-eagle-facing-a-month-out-nic-nat-racing-clock
This could be a real option then, do you think West Coast will go well with Mitchell and Priddis gone? Does that affect Lycett's Hitouts to advantage? I suppose if he rucks solo sorta hard not to score well

Brett fawell

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 12, 2016
Nsw
This could be a real option then, do you think West Coast will go well with Mitchell and Priddis gone? Does that affect Lycett's Hitouts to advantage? I suppose if he rucks solo sorta hard not to score well
I think he would be great on the bench as backup, expensive insurance, what do you think of that idea

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Dunno about HOTA but do know he averages about 10-15 possies and 5 tackles sharing ruck duties.
Last w/end against Ryder he had 13 HO - Vardy 12 HO - along with 10 possies, 5 tackles and scored 81SC.
IF he is solo ruck you'd think that 80 would be his base.

Reactions: Prospector

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015
Thoughts on Callum Sinclair as R2?

Hasnt ave over 80 in the past however looks certain to get sole ruck duties for the first time could see his ave spike.

Priced at ~80 can he ave 100 and if so does this make him a successful pick?

Also some handcuff potential with Darcy Cameron at R3 one of which is almost cetain to play each week.

luke394

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Apr 28, 2015
Geelong, VIC

Hasnt ave over 80 in the past however looks certain to get sole ruck duties for the first time could see his ave spike.

Also some handcuff potential with Darcy Cameron at R3 one of which is almost cetain to play each week.
Isn't Sinclair injured as well?

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015
Isn't Sinclair injured as well?

This from Sydney website

“Callum also rolled his ankle against Brisbane – he had scans today and has some really slight ligament damage. Like Aliir, we’ll be really conservative with Cal as you don’t need to be taking risks in the pre-season."

I guess its not ideal and he isnt selected for JLT2 either however with Naismith going down I expect Swans to be extra cautious.

luke394

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Apr 28, 2015
Geelong, VIC
Could be nice for Darcy Cameron, Hows this for a ruck Set up:

Gawn/Lycett/Simpson? Is it just completely crazy?

tiltraise

Development Coach
Nov 13, 2015

Too much $ at R3 for mine and queries on whether Simpson plays once Lobb returns and how NicNat effects Lycett's ruck time worry me also.

luke394

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Apr 28, 2015
Geelong, VIC
Too much $ at R3 for mine and queries on whether Simpson plays once Lobb returns and how NicNat effects Lycett's ruck time worry me also.
ATM im running Gawn/Kreuzer, If the mid price option is there though gives us a better chance to get the number 1 or 2 ruckman after their bye

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Kruezer/Gawn/Cameron. Sacrifice a Mid premo, Set and forget, there's too much ifs and buts involved with the likes of Lycett/Simpson. Sometimes the simplest option is the best.

luke394

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Apr 28, 2015
Geelong, VIC
Kruezer/Gawn/Cameron. Sacrifice a Mid premo, Set and forget, there's too much ifs and buts involved with the likes of Lycett/Simpson. Sometimes the simplest option is the best.
Good point mate! Its bloody hard to pick the 2 best ruckman straight out though, Gawn will most likely be top 2 if he's fit but if there is a mid price option available ill probably take it and upgrade a mid rookie to a premo instead

arnot2mcbean

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 15, 2018
Think 2 premium rucks with Cameron at R3 is the way to go if he's going to play early games.

Have gone with the loophole in previous seasons when I've had a ruck/forward but I think if there's a rookie option at R3 you need to take that cash generation in the knowledge that loophole options will pop up in future weeks.

Reactions: Prospector

bat

Development Coach
Feb 11, 2016
This is the first time in a while I've paid up front with my rucks and I'm not even tempted to go for a cheaper option (of course unless NicNat emerges as a legit option). Pretty bleak landscape if you ask me.

arnot2mcbean

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 15, 2018
This is the first time in a while I've paid up front with my rucks and I'm not even tempted to go for a cheaper option (of course unless NicNat emerges as a legit option). Pretty bleak landscape if you ask me.
Not wrong, even Gawn who everyone has locked looked sore after last nights game.

Cassat

Patron '18
Patron '19
Feb 27, 2016
Fremantle

I am currently running the Gawn Sinclair Cameron option. If Sinclair is named in round 1 then I think I will stick with it. Is capable of some monster scores (a 148 and a 142 last year) and with no real ruck competition unless Tippo comes out of retirement I think there is a chance that he is a solid pick at that price

Reactions: tiltraise

lenny

Development Coach
Jun 21, 2015

I wouldn't be going near Simpson 33 hit outs for 30 supercoach points against a ruck less Sydney

Reactions: luke394