Lumumbu & B Smith

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Got them both and holding them both for the time being. Other problems I have to deal with first:

Swallow & Sloane into Rocky and Beams this week for me I think.

Next week if Smith is picked I'll have to decide - ride him right down and hopefully up again - or cut my (big) losses and turn him into Rance.

If you can afford to flick one now it might not be a bad call. Looking unlikely Lumumba will turn it around and be a keeper IMO.

Reactions: Supercock

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
I'd probably hold Smith just because he's lost so much value, and should still score well after a break. Lumumba I agree you will probably need to trade at some point but he has a rd 13 bye so holding until then might be your best option.

The Kraken

Development Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 5, 2015
Can't take any more of Lumumba's "output", turfing him for Hibberd this week. Hibbo B/E 51, average 79 including Rd 1 warm up game and his poor game against the Saints. Bombers difficult start to the year, their run home is very good after the bye, going to grab Hibbo while he's low $400k. Broke a lot my "rules" when picking you Harry and paid the price!

Dan

May 26, 2015
Can't take any more of Lumumba's "output", turfing him for Hibberd this week. Hibbo B/E 51, average 79 including Rd 1 warm up game and his poor game against the Saints. Bombers difficult start to the year, their run home is very good after the bye, going to grab Hibbo while he's low $400k. Broke a lot my "rules" when picking you Harry and paid the price!

What about either Simpson or J Kelly? Simpson could get back on track with a new coach and Kelly could go nuts in the Geelong midfield with Duncan out and Selwood coping a hard tag on a regular basis?

The Kraken

Development Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 5, 2015
What about either Simpson or J Kelly? Simpson could get back on track with a new coach and Kelly could go nuts in the Geelong midfield with Duncan out and Selwood coping a hard tag on a regular basis?

Like Kade, having owned him in previous years (like everyone else here no doubt) i know this isnt the last chance to get him - his odd stinker will have him back at this price point at some stage. Also want to see how the Blues play from here, effort (and SC averages) could spike nearly post-Mick but want to see how things unfold.

Kelly i'm not so sure about at his ripe old age. Own him in a draft comp so have been watching closely, dont believe he can rip it up in the guts with his diminished speed, he's good in close with his hands but his ability to rack up possessions seems to rely on him being in the right place at the right time rather than him hunting the ball. As a wise older head just dont see that being his role - but happy to be wrong!

The Kraken

Development Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 5, 2015
Like Kade, having owned him in previous years (like everyone else here no doubt) i know this isnt the last chance to get him - his odd stinker will have him back at this price point at some stage. Also want to see how the Blues play from here, effort (and SC averages) could spike nearly post-Mick but want to see how things unfold.

Kelly i'm not so sure about at his ripe old age. Own him in a draft comp so have been watching closely, dont believe he can rip it up in the guts with his diminished speed, he's good in close with his hands but his ability to rack up possessions seems to rely on him being in the right place at the right time rather than him hunting the ball. As a wise older head just dont see that being his role - but happy to be wrong!

*nicely, not nearly

Hibbo only 25 and has gone at >90 for previous 2 years, prepared to back him at this relatively low price, Kelly should be safe for 85-90avg at IMO decent value for his price - great spot