Last minute questions/team changes!

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
Hi all,

feel free to throw any last minute questions or player options up here. Hopefully we can sort out any last tweaks we need!

For me, I still haven't locked a R2. Everyone has Gawn, and so they should. NicNat is out with a finger injury, so who are you picking from:
Goldy/Martin/Nank/Sandi?

ThanksForComing

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 19, 2016
Hi all,

feel free to throw any last minute questions or player options up here. Hopefully we can sort out any last tweaks we need!

For me, I still haven't locked a R2. Everyone has Gawn, and so they should. NicNat is out with a finger injury, so who are you picking from:
Goldy/Martin/Nank/Sandi?
So I think Nic Nat hasn’t been ruled out yet. He trained well this week and didn’t seem to have any issues with his finger. I’d be surprised if he missed.

ThanksForComing

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 19, 2016
Danger also looks like he’ll play this week. Trained strongly today. Should be interesting when team sheets drop.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
So I think Nic Nat hasn’t been ruled out yet. He trained well this week and didn’t seem to have any issues with his finger. I’d be surprised if he missed.
Is Nic Nat a serious option if named? I'm thinking so. Also stuck on R2, was keen on Martin but getting cold feet.

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
North said today they will be going with one ruck from now on, so if Goldy gets named as that ruck, I think I will go with him.
The boys on the pod were keen on Nicnat, but seems pretty risky at this stage. Still, I think there's about 4 blokes you could pick from.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Not sold on NicNAt or Goldy. I can see Nicnat playing 2-4 rounds and then needing a break. After last year if Goldy has a bad game then Pruess comes in and Goldy out again

RichardC89

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 4, 2015
My final decision!

Option 1 - Shane Savage + Toby Greene
Option 2 - Michael Hibberd + McLean/Sicily/Walters/anyone else in that price range

ThanksForComing

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 19, 2016
Not sold on NicNAt or Goldy. I can see Nicnat playing 2-4 rounds and then needing a break. After last year if Goldy has a bad game then Pruess comes in and Goldy out again

I’m a west coast supporter, so maybe my bias is at work here, but I really think they’ll want to get NicNat up to full fitness as soon as possible. I can’t see them resting him as that will affect his base fitness. What I can see them doing is giving him longer spells up forward in the early rounds and letting maybe Lycett ruck a bit more. Good thing with NicNat is that he’s generally a good mark and a good kick at goal so even if he rests forward more in the early rounds, he should still score SuperCoach points.

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
I’m a west coast supporter, so maybe my bias is at work here, but I really think they’ll want to get NicNat up to full fitness as soon as possible. I can’t see them resting him as that will affect his base fitness. What I can see them doing is giving him longer spells up forward in the early rounds and letting maybe Lycett ruck a bit more. Good thing with NicNat is that he’s generally a good mark and a good kick at goal so even if he rests forward more in the early rounds, he should still score SuperCoach points.
good point but Nicnat playing more time forward will hamper his fantasy scoring. Travelling to Melbourne week 2 after 12 months off will be testing

Cassat

Patron '18
Patron '19
Feb 27, 2016
Fremantle
i am flip flopping between Jacobs and Martin at R2. Martin has more upside I think but Jacobs is safer

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
Are people locking in Garlett?

Given he’s named. I reckon you do. Can always correct in 2 weeks. I went him over Barry on the mid bench for a bit of DPP flexibility. But I’m not sold on either player to be honest.

The one spot doing my head in is R2. Currently running with Nank. Lot of value there but there’s always that doubt in case Soldo plays games.

fazmountain

Patron '19
Jun 23, 2015
Canada
Given he’s named. I reckon you do. Can always correct in 2 weeks. I went him over Barry on the mid bench for a bit of DPP flexibility. But I’m not sold on either player to be honest.

The one spot doing my head in is R2. Currently running with Nank. Lot of value there but there’s always that doubt in case Soldo plays games.
I'm scared about running 4 rookies in the forward line: fritsch, ryan, giles-langdon are my three tentative locks and am wondering if i run garlett or upgrade him to a sicily/petracca type...

nank is a great r2, i drafted him everywhere i could. byes issues however...

Captain Danger

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Feb 27, 2017
I have Nank as r2, he has less injury history than the others.
I am stuck with my premium mids think I have gone too safe- my 2am decision this morning was swapping Titch to M Crouch as a slight POD (in 12% of teams)
Have Martin/Kelly/Fyfe/Cripps/Conigllio.
Thoughts?

Reactions: Centroprise

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
I'm scared about running 4 rookies in the forward line: fritsch, ryan, giles-langdon are my three tentative locks and am wondering if i run garlett or upgrade him to a sicily/petracca type...

nank is a great r2, i drafted him everywhere i could. byes issues however...

Personally, I think the only way to go in the fwd line is with 3 rookies. ie 1 onfield. Just not convinced at all with the cash making potential of the FWD line rookies. I've got Fristch/Langdon/Ryan myself. Which means I have to run with Garlett in the mid. Again, I'm not convinced necessarily with Garlett but while he's name I'm will to chuck him on my mid bench for a bit of DPP flexibility. If he doesn't perform, I've got plenty of cash for corrective trades after the first couple of rounds.

Fisker FC

Patron '18
Apr 21, 2017
Very keen to start MacPherson from GC in the fwd line - with Hall and GAz gone and both JLTs in the midfield, think he's a great value and a POD

Reactions: tmac and crog100

fazmountain

Patron '19
Jun 23, 2015
Canada
Personally, I think the only way to go in the fwd line is with 3 rookies. ie 1 onfield. Just not convinced at all with the cash making potential of the FWD line rookies. I've got Fristch/Langdon/Ryan myself. Which means I have to run with Garlett in the mid. Again, I'm not convinced necessarily with Garlett but while he's name I'm will to chuck him on my mid bench for a bit of DPP flexibility. If he doesn't perform, I've got plenty of cash for corrective trades after the first couple of rounds.
I like the idea of Garlett in the mids - will depend on selection of Holman/Barry for me.