Jordan Roughead?

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
I'm fairly new to supercoach, this being my 2nd season and ranked at 2,600 so by no means am I an expert so I need a little help to see if I'm looking at foolsgold or actually found something...

as a doggies supporter I've noticed Jordan Roughead (Backline $370,200) return to his natural position as a ruc/fwd in the last 3-4 weeks... Bevo has moved a lot of players around for example Picken (I wanted him preseason but every expert I asked said there's better midpricers around) also seems to be working for Wallis, and a couple more...

last 4 weeks Roughead scored 89 81 99 and 80 in his natural position (average of 87.25) is he a bargain at his price or am I stupid to pick him after his round 11 bye in replacement of someone like Saad

Need your advice as I kinda have to teach myself supercoach most of the time and it's only my 2nd season

your opinions?

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
It looks as good as any in the backline (they're so up and down). Not one that most would choose - most will look to go right up or right down from a maxed out rookie. He looks more like a start of season initial team midprice pick at this point. If you think you can keep him the rest of the season, and he'll keep or improve on those scores, then go for it. If not, it'll cost another trade to get a topline scorer.

If you want/need to make money, get another rookie.

That ranking suggests you're going extremely well this early in your career - so keep doing what you're doing!

Reactions: M4TT B8S

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
thanks mate, I think I agree with you on that point about a topline scorer, there's a chance Roughead might keep averaging around 90, probably similar to McGovern, but I think I'm probably better off going after Houli instead.

Main reason I was thinking about it is as a different option to bringing in Brodie Smith as Laird seems to be getting a lot of his points even when he is playing

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
thanks mate, I think I agree with you on that point about a topline scorer, there's a chance Roughead might keep averaging around 90, probably similar to McGovern, but I think I'm probably better off going after Houli instead.

Main reason I was thinking about it is as a different option to bringing in Brodie Smith as Laird seems to be getting a lot of his points even when he is playing
If it helps, I've been having a good look at McGovern, as I feel Laird is a bit expensive / unproven, and Smith needs to prove fitness again, as well as maybe losing points to Laird.

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
I'm fairly new to supercoach, this being my 2nd season and ranked at 2,600 so by no means am I an expert so I need a little help to see if I'm looking at foolsgold or actually found something...

as a doggies supporter I've noticed Jordan Roughead (Backline $370,200) return to his natural position as a ruc/fwd in the last 3-4 weeks... Bevo has moved a lot of players around for example Picken (I wanted him preseason but every expert I asked said there's better midpricers around) also seems to be working for Wallis, and a couple more...

last 4 weeks Roughead scored 89 81 99 and 80 in his natural position (average of 87.25) is he a bargain at his price or am I stupid to pick him after his round 11 bye in replacement of someone like Saad

Need your advice as I kinda have to teach myself supercoach most of the time and it's only my 2nd season

your opinions?
First of all welcome, always good to have another dogs supporter!
As for Roughead, like Prospector says if you think he can maintain an average of 85-90 and be a keeper then he might be a good pick. Personally I don't see him scoring that highly, think he doesn't really have a very high ceiling and he will be prone to a few 50's. I'd definitely rate Houli ahead of him and Smith as well, too cheap to pass up in my opinion and I think think he'll start taking his points back from Laird soon

Reactions: Prospector

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth

your opinions?

Your doggies have great SOS over next month and a half so If your keen on one of the I would be looking next week straight after the bye. The bont, Boyd, Bob Murphy and dahlhaus are all premium options I suppose.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
Your doggies have great SOS over next month and a half so If your keen on one of the I would be looking next week straight after the bye. The bont, Boyd, Bob Murphy and dahlhaus are all premium options I suppose.

had Dahlhaus for a long time now, had him since everybody was jumping on bontempelli early... Bont no longer fits in my fwd line but if I didn't have Dahl would definitely put him in there (Forwards are: Gray, Dahlhaus, Swan, Mitchell, Devon Smith and Bennell)

but I have been having a close look at Bob Murphy for sure, one of my favourites this year and scoring well in the defence... not sure I'm keen on Boyd, just because Sloane is probably a slightly better pick

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Just remember it doesn't matter who's the better player it matters who gets the most points.
With the bont, wallis and dahlhaus moving through the middle I think Boyd is getting no attention. was looking at him last night when planning my trades for next week. Will have a look and compare him with sloane again as I remember thinking why not.
You must play the blues soon Boyd could have a birthday mopping up our pinpoint disposals on half back that day, if the ball makes It that far.