Jarryd Roughead

Tandy

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Feb 28, 2016
Looking at the Rough to be out next week for Nank or Steele. Am worried the Hawks have dropped off alot this year. Thoughts?

Tandy

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Feb 28, 2016
Hmm I guess Im wanting to push Nankervis in. I suppose if he and Steele end up 100+ avging I can get them both later in the year, Ive missed the boat

Tandy

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Feb 28, 2016
Have all the right rookies except for Hannan and McGrath, but I think McGrath is not worth 200k

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Hmm I guess Im wanting to push Nankervis in. I suppose if he and Steele end up 100+ avging I can get them both later in the year, Ive missed the boat

If you feel strongly about getting one of those blokes in I'm not going to talk you out of it but it has only been one round despite results I'd still be expecting GWS, Hawthorn & Sydney to finish above Port, Melbourne & Essendon if you get what I'm saying.

Reactions: Tandy

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
I reckon the last 4 years the Hawks have started off slowly the first month and they have been "written off", yet still finished top 4. Not sure the same will happen this year, but still finals bound I expect.

Hawks usually struggle with the Bombers. The Bombers also had the emotion factor. Not surprised to see the Hawks lose this week.

Also, same applies as I said on another thread about JOM. If you expected him to go 100 the first month then maybe you picked him for the wrong reason. I'm hoping he does enough the first half of the year to be serviceable, and then I'm hoping for him to average 100 on the run home once he's built up match fitness and finds his role again.

Tandy

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Feb 28, 2016
Hmm ok. I picked Rough to be a keep till at the earliest finals. Nankervis' role and now form looks good from 2 rounds small sample size. I will cool the trigger finger for now

Ice Cold Beverage

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Jan 24, 2017
Melbourne
Hmm ok. I picked Rough to be a keep till at the earliest finals. Nankervis' role and now form looks good from 2 rounds small sample size. I will cool the trigger finger for now

Smart move- it's a side ways trade (Rough to Steele) which could easily backfire. I think that Steele has more upside (hence why I picked him) but he could easily come out and average 80 from here and Rough could be consistent and average 90.. Back your gut and your pick. Saving trades is so incredibly underrated this time of the year, I'd be waiting to at least rd5 to make the call...

Reactions: Tandy

Tandy

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Feb 28, 2016
Still considering the trade to Nank as I thought Roughead would roll in the midfield more, watched the game today and he didn't. Hard to judge maybe as Crows a tough top 3 side?