hodge, trade or hold?

Astroboys

May 6, 2015
Need some advice guys. I decided to trade Ablett to Kennedy and I am now left with 295k in the bank and 23 trades. I'm not sure how I'm looking trades wise and if I should save the second trade.

I have Hodge so I am thinking to either hold him till he comes back or trade him now to either MacDonald or rance. MacDonald will go up in price a bit over the next few weeks.

Other option is to trade out newnes for one of the two mentioned.

Any advice would be good. Thanks

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Thats a tough call as you are starting to get lowish on trades. Rookies on the bubble next week so you will likely use a couple more trades then as well. I am leaning towards saving the trade. Newnes has been bitterly disappointing but as they said in the podcast, we can't keep making making trades as they will run out real quick.

Hopefully the cover you have can provide an adequate score until Hodge returns.

Ben86

May 8, 2015
Thats a tough call as you are starting to get lowish on trades. Rookies on the bubble next week so you will likely use a couple more trades then as well. I am leaning towards saving the trade. Newnes has been bitterly disappointing but as they said in the podcast, we can't keep making making trades as they will run out real quick.

Hopefully the cover you have can provide an adequate score until Hodge returns.
I kept hodge, had him in as a keeper so not going to lose that this year he will come back fit cause he is not injured and has a point to prove and make it up to his team. Problem is I had Lewis too so it has thrown a spanner for the next couple weeks.
I think trade wise look to have no less than 20 heading into byes then cull 3 cows first week, upgrade to 3 premiums next week then downgrade 2 and put in another premium last week. Team should be starting to get settled by then and you will have around 10 for the remainder of season?
Any other thoughts??

writeoff

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Somewhere in time
I think trade wise look to have no less than 20 heading into byes then cull 3 cows first week, upgrade to 3 premiums next week then downgrade 2 and put in another premium last week. Team should be starting to get settled by then and you will have around 10 for the remainder of season?
The byes are a lot later this year - rounds 11, 12 & 13.
Last year they were rounds 8, 9 & 10.
I seriously doubt you will still have 20 trades by round 11. At round 11 last year I had 13 trades left.
I haven't mapped out how I expect to trade over the byes as I imagine a lot of rookies will have been culled before then and upgraded to premiums.
I think aiming for 17 trades at the byes will be more likely. A lot of people will have less.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Nah think you have worked it out pretty well. I think you will be happy you kept Hodge in the long run.