Hibberd

Cool9

Assistant Coach
Apr 27, 2015
I don't know why I picked this bloke. Any Essendon supporters want to talk me out of trading him to Tom McDonald? Has to be this week if ever because I'll be too busy cashing out rookies soon.

Thought he might improve his 91 average this year, *just because*. Ave. 73 after 5 rounds.

writeoff

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Somewhere in time
Hibberd is 25yo, playing in a team that should finish in the top 8 (or there about) and has averaged 96 & 91 over the last two seasons.
If you have already used 6 trades then you would just be burning a trade.
If you have only used 4 trades then you could consider it but I would hold.

I really like T McDonald and want to get him into my team but not via a sideways trade but through an upgraded rookie.

Reactions: Hungry Hawk

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Think about how you would feel if McDonald scores 70 for the next month while Hibberd pulls out a few 120's. Save the trade, Hibberd will come good. I brought him in for Goodes 2 weeks ago and I'm not concerned.

alman

Development Coach
May 7, 2015
Personally I'm watching Hibberd as possible upgrade when he bottoms out and turns his form around.

I have Parker and frustrated with his scoring, just got to cop it cause the moment you trade them out they score 100s for the rest of the season!!

Cool9

Assistant Coach
Apr 27, 2015
Thanks. You are all talking good sense of course. I almost never sideways trade but I've never won the $50k either so really just thinking about being a bit more aggressive. Forum does its job again - keeping trade-happy fingers busy typing.

Reactions: Prospector

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
I don't know whether this is normal for Hibberd or not but last week-end against the Saints he seemed to not only prefer his left foot but was almost "incompetent" when forced on to his right side.
Sorry to any Hibberd lovers but it was quite noticeable. I have liked him since he started at Essendon and had him every year in various fantasy teams but this is the first time I really became aware of it as a potential problem.

alrighty then

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 30, 2015
I have watched Hibberd for a long time, and so far this year he is annoying me with his dropped marks (always flies across packs and looks to have hold of the ball!). He has always favoured his left side but it never really causes to much of an issue tbh. I will back him to come good though and i think a trade to TMcD would be a wasted trade considering Hibberd actually has more premium scoring history behind him. He does have a tendency to get alot of touches in games, so hopefully he stays to steal some of hurley and hookers points!

Cool9

Assistant Coach
Apr 27, 2015
More of the same last night! McDonald, tick, old mother Hibberd, meh. Ah well

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
More of the same last night! McDonald, tick, old mother Hibberd, meh. Ah well
Really wish I'd looked more seriously at McDonald earlier in the season now! But what's done is done, and I still have faith in Hibberd.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
I picked up McD this week and very happy with him. For some reason I have never really rated Hibberd. He has burnt me a couple of times so wasn't really keen on him this year.

Dr Bones

Premiership Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 24, 2015
Bayside, Melbourne
Things will turn around....they always do. Not many players are capable of keeping up the type of scoring that McDonald is for even half a season.

Hibberd is a good player, he'll come good.

Reactions: thejuddernaut

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Things will turn around....they always do. Not many players are capable of keeping up the type of scoring that McDonald is for even half a season.

Hibberd is a good player, he'll come good.
My like in relation to old Macdonald not being able to score like this all year.
dislike - IMHO Hibberd is an average player who's recent (2 years) form seems to have coincided with his significant increase in supplements.

Go blues! We may be crappie but we only deal in cash not "supplements".

Thought I'd give all you bomber boys a free hit at me. Feeling generous.

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Do I really have to go through all my posts unliking your posts, judders?

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Do I really have to go through all my posts unliking your posts, judders?
Backed into a corner by my boys performance this year. Only way out Is swinging (boxing analogy not married couple free with sexual favors analogy)
I blame Mick for anything I say or do that offends prossie.