Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
A few immediate thoughts:
What was Harley (not) thinking to allow himself to be photoed doing something like this?
What sort of people, hardly friends, was/is Harley mixing with to not only take such photos but then sell them to the press? I assume that they weren't just given away.
I'd hate to be an AFL footballer when you have no private life whatsoever.

Reactions: the cranky one

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Who knows what will happen Doddy. An article on afl site said the club knew about the photos on Wednesday. It happened in 2013, but apparently he was one of the players named by Hunt. The pics have just added a heap of fuel to the fire.

Rupert, with all the indiscretions he has accumulated since he started at the Suns, it seems he sees himself as untouchable and thinking about putting himself in a compromising position is the last thought that goes through his mind.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
what a waste of talent. Imagine how good he actually COULD be.
These were word for word what I said. If he coverted the effort he put into partying into his actually career, I think we would be talking about him on the same lines as Fyfe, Danger, Pendles etc.

Reactions: Steve

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
It's bloody crazy, people align themselves sometimes just to bring people with a profile down! None of us can say we're angles, and AFL footy players are far from that also, but this day and age it's a real pity that these types of things happen.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
I guessed it'd be him and I bloody hope he doesn't get banned again, seems like he's just coming into a little form, scored over 120 3 times in the last 5 games. he's caused me enough problems so far this year, if only I took Dusty instead at the start

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I got rid of Bennell when he went out due to injury and lack of form and picked up Tich. But it's a pity when you see guys with such potential doing this kind of thing. Lets hope we see a turn around like we've seen from Dusty. The Dees would be happy to have him running around the 1/2 forward line.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I prefer to think my trades out over the course of a week. Last minute trades never seem to work out for me. Might just spin a wheel and pick someone at random.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Im waiting a week to see what happens. Let the dust settle and hopefully there is some light at the end of a very dim SC tunnel.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Yeah same. Sticking to my planned trades and swinging Bennell to my mid bench for the week. It means playing both Steele and mckernan on the ground as I'm missing Buddy too. Gives me another look at mckernan hopefully being a 90+ player and another week or thinking and researching for the Bennell replacement. I doubt we will see him again for the year.

Reactions: Dino

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Yeah hard to imagine him returning with everything going on. Need to sort his shit out. Would be a damn shame to see such a talent go to waste.

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Think I'm with you guys and just going to let everything settle and deal with it next week when we have a bit more info, hopefully Mckernan plays another good game. Dahlhouse and Buddy top of my replacement list atm.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Buddy will be staying put in my team. He's been doing OK until last week. Ablett back this week see his next couple and might just be the last upgrade in the mids! H.Goddard got a berth, wonder if he will be given the vest this week or pushed out the door again?

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Buddy will be staying put in my team. He's been doing OK until last week. Ablett back this week see his next couple and might just be the last upgrade in the mids! H.Goddard got a berth, wonder if he will be given the vest this week or pushed out the door again?
Reckon he'll make the final cut, Delaney out so there might be a spot for him down back. Doesn't really seem like a green vest type but may cop the red.

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Blame me for Bennell - I seemed to have stopped a lot of premiums this year, for example Parker out cold 30 secs into the last qtr of first game and takes 5 weeks to show form, GAJ we all know but I took the risk, Bartel - concussion, knee, Bennell - ankle, coke bender, James Kelly - Ruptured teste, ankle / knee, Sloane - everything, Birchall - ankle and form!
Being the sort of bloke i am i'll even take blame for rookies too, these are the ones I broke:
Lambert - shoulder, Mcgrath - finger, Goodes - leg, Salem - hammy, Clark- leg, Vburg - knee, Heeney - knee

And just so you can all have a laugh at my expense will using me blame for this unbelievable season of strains:
Hamling in my starting side - traded out round 7 as no cash generation in def back in round 12
Taylor Adams - In round 5 out round 10 "toe injury" - nice run hes gone on after missing 1 bloody game
Glenn in against my rules after his first game - only plays two and i missed the 100 on debut
Bontempelli, Ziebell, Selwood - enough said all traded in as "upgrades"
Sloane, like a young fellas pecker - in, out, in, out.
Take kids to meet Carlton players in Perth, miss Goodes named sub and started him for a 10 with an Oxley 100 on the bench i couldn't use.
Trades newnes out as planned at bye rounds, first game after byes a 130.

Anyway enough said just thought I would digress and it started with the bad karma i inherited from Bennell.

God knows how I am ranked 5000 odd with the carnage and the f$#kups.

Have a lovely day everyone!

Saving trades

May 11, 2015
Just don't know what to do with Bennell, I have held him all year. If I get rid of him he will no doubt return. Just wish the Suns could make a public call on him for the rest of the year.

Fitzroy Guerrilla

Staff member
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 27, 2015
Richmond
God knows how I am ranked 5000 odd with the carnage and the f$#kups.

In 2010 I finished in the Top 3000 when there were only 20 trades and I had the following problems:
* Started Gray who missed games early and needed to be traded
* Started T.Lockyer who got dropped
* Traded C.Newman out after R1 following his score of 13 or so and picked S.Hurn who then got suspended for three weeks or something
* Had to trade both N.Riewoldt and J.Brown out due to injury after great starts
* Brought J.Brennan in for Riewoldt and then he got injured
* Started M.Seaby who got an LTI after a good start
* M.Banner and L.Shuey on my mid bench who hardly played
* Held M.Clark all year despite being well down on his 2009 efforts

Mind you, I seemed to nail things such as:
* Barlow, Trengove and Martin as mid rookies, Podsiadly and Rockliff up forward and Maguire and some other cheap picks down back (think I made a motza on bloody Chris Schmidt!)
* Starting Ablett, Goddard, Pendlebury and Selwood
* Getting on a cheap L.Hodge and C.Judd
* Getting on S.Mitchell at the right time
* Decent returns from players like Porplyzia, Malceski, Tippett and some other mid-pricers (can't remember them all exactly)

Strange times! I suppose back in those days it was less competitive as there were fewer sites and less coverage on social media, so it advantaged anyone who did their own pre-season research. But, I guess it also goes to show how getting things right can cover a few stuff ups.

Reactions: Dino

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Bennell cops a 3 week suspended ban, 5k fine, will play NEAFL this weekend and available for senior selection in round 17. He lasts another week in my team.