Draft league?

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Happy with that.
Do you know if there is a specific time by which we have to finalize pre-draft teams? Or are teams automatically locked when the draft starts?
I've finalized my pre-draft team but it would be nice to get some time to see what other players have become available.
I believe it would be the start of the draft, I guess in that sense the ones drafting live will get an advantage

Toadvine

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 15, 2018
So are we starting from scratch? or do I need to drop players? how do I do that?

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
So are we starting from scratch? or do I need to drop players? how do I do that?
As far as i understand it we can start delisting players now.
Just go to your team page and de-list who you want to, then on draft night you just fill the holes in the order of the draft.

Reactions: Toadvine

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Drop as many players as you want to drop. I've dropped 6 and kept 13.
When you click on the red bar/dash next to the player the system asks are you sure as it's irreversible. Click on OK and it's done.

fwiw I'm treating this Keeper League thing seriously. i.e. I'm not just trying to win this year but get together a team list that will do well in future years.

Reactions: doddy2731

Bombers56

Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Jun 11, 2015
fwiw I'm treating this Keeper League thing seriously. i.e. I'm not just trying to win this year but get together a team list that will do well in future years.
That's what I am planning as well. No way of winning many games with my team, but hopefully in a few years time it will be premiership time :)

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
That's what I am planning as well. No way of winning many games with my team, but hopefully in a few years time it will be premiership time :)
Which team are you?
I was fortunate enough to inherit a reasonable team: Cavalier Roundhead.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
The try again :)
See what you mean. It could be better.
You'll be hoping that Hawkins has another year like the last one?
Hanners recovers his best form?

Bombers56

Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Jun 11, 2015
I certainly do, also Shaw and Zorko, it's going to fun.

Mike

Mar 5, 2017
7:30am? or 7:30pm? and I assume its AEST? Maybe if you set it up in league it can give me an accurate time for me. I am working Monday night but if its early or late enough should be fine. I will be unavailable from 5:15pm to 6pm AWST. (heading to work)

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
7:30am? or 7:30pm? and I assume its AEST? Maybe if you set it up in league it can give me an accurate time for me. I am working Monday night but if its early or late enough should be fine. I will be unavailable from 5:15pm to 6pm AWST. (heading to work)
You should be fine, if the draft is quick.
Start 7.30pm AEDT = 4.30pm WA time. 30sec picks. 45min = 90 picks. 90 picks = 6.6 rounds.
I doubt many of us will be dropping more than 6 players. Most will probably drop less.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
@Haychh
I notice that while there are still two Railriders teams one of them has no players now,
Is it possible for you to delete this empty team or does the coach have to do so?

Once this empty team is deleted the currently invisible 16th should re-appear.
Do you know if it is one of the teams with a new coach?
There are still some players that are classed as "free agents" in the Players list but are not available to be added to pre-draft lists.
I assume they are in the 16th team. The core is pretty decent: Howe, Sloane, Hunter, Steven, Zaharakis, I Smith, Ryder, Menegola, McLean, Gunston

Are you sure you can't arrange the draft order by finishing positions from last year?
There is quite a difference in the relative strength of some teams. The weaker teams could really benefit from having a pick in the first few.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
@Haychh
Haychh put the 20th down to buy time.
He was saying Monday as per his posts above but we can't draft until the proper 16 teams are in place.

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
@Haychh
I notice that while there are still two Railriders teams one of them has no players now,
Is it possible for you to delete this empty team or does the coach have to do so?

Once this empty team is deleted the currently invisible 16th should re-appear.
Do you know if it is one of the teams with a new coach?
There are still some players that are classed as "free agents" in the Players list but are not available to be added to pre-draft lists.
I assume they are in the 16th team. The core is pretty decent: Howe, Sloane, Hunter, Steven, Zaharakis, I Smith, Ryder, Menegola, McLean, Gunston

Are you sure you can't arrange the draft order by finishing positions from last year?
There is quite a difference in the relative strength of some teams. The weaker teams could really benefit from having a pick in the first few.
I can't remove people from the league, I actually have no idea what has gone on there. I have tagged @Lowrider a couple times to see if he can fix it but he hasn't replied.

I have adjusted the draft time to tomorrow night @ 7:30pm AEST.

I have no way of knowing what the finishing position was last year, Randomising it is the fairest way which I will do now and post the draft order in the next post

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Randomised draft order

Railriders #1??
Massa's Machines
The Try Agains
Witz Wizards
Railriders #2??
Olma FC
Fetus
Caz's Complaints
Stay Gold
Pig Hunters
M-Town Ballers
Gawn Fritsch n SCC
Cavalier Roundhead
Sanj
Psychadelic Pandas
Sween's Machines

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
@Haychh
I understand you are doing what you can. No complaints.
But as the league now stands we cannot draft. The empty Railriders team will still draft in order and take 19 players.
Also, the currently invisible team won't be able to draft.