Big Stef Martin

Shinboner

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 19, 2016
Sorry to start a new thread for one player but Big Stef really is a concern to many in the SCC community.
I didn't get the chance to watch him this week but can anyone shed some light on what's going on?

Since the KO he has been average at best.
It's hard to do anything about him at the moment I know, but he is bleeding points if you have him.

Anyone got any thoughts or light on what is going on with him?

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Sorry to start a new thread for one player but Big Stef really is a concern to many in the SCC community.
I didn't get the chance to watch him this week but can anyone shed some light on what's going on?

Since the KO he has been average at best.
It's hard to do anything about him at the moment I know, but he is bleeding points if you have him.

Anyone got any thoughts or light on what is going on with him?
Trent West played this week ... that might have taken points off Stef. We were expecting him to be a sole ruck in the preseason.

Or the ongoing effects of the concussion. Certainly wouldn't be the first time we've seen someone struggle for weeks after a big knock.

Happy not to have him ... leaves me more time to weep and gnash my teeth over my Robbie Gray selection.

Reactions: Shinboner

Gawn Armi Witts

Aspiring Coach
Apr 18, 2016
I have Jacobs but with so many other pressing concerns, you just have to hold these underperforming premiums. At least until after you've finished upgraded and you're confident you have trades to spare that wont be needed on injuries.

Reactions: Prospector and Dino

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I have Jacobs but with so many other pressing concerns, you just have to hold these underperforming premiums. At least until after you've finished upgraded and you're confident you have trades to spare that wont be needed on injuries.
This is true - and it is just a terrible time of year to have to be doing a sideways - need to try to be using you two trades each week going one down and one up. Having said that ... Goldy only about $570 this week ... that would be pretty tempting if you didn't have him ...

Reactions: Prospector and Dino

Shinboner

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 19, 2016
Twitter says that when he was interviewed on the Marngrook Footy Show a couple of days ago Max Gawn said "I've got a couple of knocks I'm nursing".
Yeah I'd read that....... Music to the ears of a Goldy Martin duo owner.

Those Gawn 160 plus scores hurt :eek:

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Yeah I'd read that....... Music to the ears of a Goldy Martin duo owner.

Those Gawn 160 plus scores hurt :eek:
Yup. I think a huge percentage of the top sides will have had Maxy until this week.

I was lucky enough to have the C on Goldy and no Max this week and went from being ranked about 20,000th to inside the top 10,000 ... that means there were a lot of highly ranked sides crashing I think.

Reactions: Shinboner

Shinboner

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 19, 2016
Yup. I think a huge percentage of the top sides will have had Maxy until this week.

I was lucky enough to have the C on Goldy and no Max this week and went from being ranked about 20,000th to inside the top 10,000 ... that means there were a lot of highly ranked sides crashing I think.
Yep I've been rocking the Goldy/Martin combo. Gawn has killed me this year but his couple of bad weeks amongst other things has seen a 15000 rank improve over 2 weeks from 23000 plus to 8000 odd and that was with Dabger Capt this week,

Just hope Stef can find his form of last year.

Goldy /NicNat would of been the pick at this stage