Best Mid for final rounds

Nato

May 22, 2015
Im looking at my final mid upgrade for Griffen and can afford anyone
(current; Fyfe, Pendles, Gaz, Armo, Danger, JPK, Treloar, Griffen).

Who will be the best bet for the final rounds?

Current thoughts; Mundy (value, POD), Hanners, Beams (very solid this year but full $), Rocky, Sloane, Sidebum (high ceiling, but risky)

At the moment im tossing up between Mundy and Sloane

cheers

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
I have Hanners and he's been incredible for me, don't mind the Mundy pick either but beware of Ross giving him a rest. Rocky for value but I wouldn't go for Sloane, has had a very interrupted year and may take a game or two to get back into the swing of things, if he does at all.

Nato

May 22, 2015
cheers guys

might go with Rocky and keep some cash in the kitty for finals (or jump the gun and trade out Hibberd next week)

writeoff

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Somewhere in time
Don't get Beams, he is playing with a shoulder injury and will likely miss games.
Sloane's cheekbone still hasn't healed fully so there is some risk that it will break a third time (he would have to be extremely unlucky but he plays at Adelaide who have zero luck).
Like J-Dog and lenny have recommended I would pick Hannebery.

But how many trades do you have left? You may be better off holding onto the trade and playing Griffen on field.

Nato

May 22, 2015
ive got 5 left before this trade and i dont want to take Griff into finals so im happy to do this one

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
I'll be bringing Danger or Hanners for Gaz

Nato

May 22, 2015
yeah Hanners in for Gaz for me.

I ended up going with Priddis last week, so very happy with that one

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Worth getting Hodge in for Gaz? Normally don't really like having a dpp player in the mids but his average is right up there with the midfield premiums anyway, and would provide some flexibility for remaining trades.

Reactions: Hungry Hawk

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Worth getting Hodge in for Gaz? Normally don't really like having a dpp player in the mids but his average is right up there with the midfield premiums anyway, and would provide some flexibility for remaining trades.
Some are concerned he may be rested - others say he's already had a rest. Are you sure there's not a mid you'd rather have?

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Think I still prefer Priddis or maybe Ward, just throwing another option out there

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Think I still prefer Priddis or maybe Ward, just throwing another option out there
Choose one of them ... I'd pick Priddy, but I have him already, so I'd be somewhat biassed. Have both in DT. I always like a Brownlow boy in his next year!

Reactions: J-Dog

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
You would need trades, money and some brass ones but a real POD (0.3% of teams) is Mitch Duncan, take out his 2 early tagging games he's averaging 106 take out the game where he was injuried before half time and his 2nd up from injury game last week his average is 119, a lot of provisos I know.

I think if you have most of the highest averages and you are looking to take a punt on a Wines or Kennedy type Duncan is right up there with them.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I like it Tevez17, looking outside the box is why i enjoy and keep playing this game.
Stats like that need to be looked at and is flying under the radar, so his selection really isn't out of the question.
But like you said this deep into the season your gunna need a big set to go against the grain.

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
out of interest, why Barlow? He's been mediocre at best this whole year (93 avg, 3rd avg 100, 5 rd avg 102)

I reckon there are better options around
No Fyfe this week and from what I hear around the traps possibly next week as well. Mundy didn't train whole session either. Barlow named in Centre this week, avg against upcoming opposition is solid, round 22 against melb at domain if lucky enough to make gf as a side note for me. Also have liked his form last few weeks and the sos for Dockers is unbelievable IMHO.