2019 - Injury Tally

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
After being hit by another injury this weekend I thought I would tally up the injury affected on field scores impacting my team this season.

Ryder, Zerrett, Gray, Howe, NicNat, Kennedy, Mcclean, Walters, Robinson, Rice, Sicily, Fyfe, Kelly, Naughton, Ryan

Damn its been tough...

Reactions: Prospector

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
After being hit by another injury this weekend I thought I would tally up the injury affected on field scores impacting my team this season.
Ryder, Zerrett, Gray, Howe, NicNat, Kennedy, Mcclean, Walters, Robinson, Rice, Sicily, Fyfe, Kelly, Naughton, Ryan
Damn its been tough...
Ahhh, a post right up my alley. I didn't want to be the first but as you've started......
The injury-affected scores for my team:
Mouch (51), Ryan, Franklin (48), Walters (17), Z G-L, Naughton (0), Coniglio, T Smith, Lobb (37), Webster (13), Macrae (51), McLean (52), T Mac, Fyfe (43 and "c"), Webster (again), Naitanui (42), Sicily, Murphy (28)
Not all of the scores have been badly affected by the injuries - e.g. Webster - 79, T Mac - 90 - so I have just given the worst of them.
Using the difference between a player's injury-affected score and their season's average as the "cost" to my team, I figure that the in-game injuries have cost my team a minimum of 750 points. I say "minimum" because the season averages include the injury-affected scores. Webster, for example, was averaging 103.8 prior to his injury but his current season average is 92.9. The "cost" to my team of Webster's 13 is calculated as 80 points, not 90.

@Centroprise
What has your trading strategy been in dealing with the injured players?
I traded out every player who was reported as likely to miss more than three weeks. Although some returned earlier than that, it has mostly proven to be the right strategy. In all, I have made 12 trades due to injury.
[By the way, you might want to change the header to "2018 - Injury Tally"

This is the third time in the past 4 years that I have had major injury concerns. In both 2015 and 2016 I had 18/19 LTIs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Centroprise

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
Ahhh, a post right up my alley. I didn't want to be the first but as you've started......
The injury-affected scores for my team:
Mouch (51), Ryan, Franklin (48), Walters (17), Z G-L, Naughton (0), Coniglio, T Smith, Lobb (37), Webster (13), Macrae (51), McLean (52), T Mac, Fyfe (43 and "c"), Webster (again), Naitanui (42), Sicily, Murphy (28)
Not all of the scores have been badly affected by the injuries - e.g. Webster - 79, T Mac - 90 - so I have just given the worst of them.
Using the difference between a player's injury-affected score and their season's average as the "cost" to my team, I figure that the in-game injuries have cost my team a minimum of 750 points. I say "minimum" because the season averages include the injury-affected scores. Webster, for example, was averaging 103.8 prior to his injury but his current season average is 92.9. The "cost" to my team of Webster's 13 is calculated as 80 points, not 90.

@Centroprise
What has your trading strategy been in dealing with the injured players?
I traded out every player who was reported as likely to miss more than three weeks. Although some returned earlier than that, it has mostly proven to be the right strategy. In all, I have made 12 trades due to injury.
[By the way, you might want to change the header to "2018 - Injury Tally"

This is the third time in the past 4 years that I have had major injury concerns. In both 2015 and 2016 I had 18/19 LTIs.

I was managing reasonably well until the last few weeks losing Fyfe, NicNat and Sicily. Having to trade all three has destroyed my season. Using those trades has delayed my upgrade cycle resulting in missing players which compounds the missed scores. eg. trading Fyfe meant I missed my upgrade to Cripps. Trading Nicnat to Grundy earlier than planned used my cash reserves which were for LLoyd. Two uber premos that I can not get into my team....

@Rupert like you I was moving on anyone with multiple weeks out. Early in the season they were traded straight away. Towards the end of the season I tended to hold for a week or two (eg. Sicily) as I had bench cover and as I play for leagues as long as I was beating my opponents then I went conservative on trades. Not that helped :-(

Yort

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 3, 2018

Damn its been tough...
Yeah was a tough year had Ryder first up week one then it was downhill t green kelly etc all the big ones. Then the Fyfe injury killed my last 2 upgrades and got stuck with Fritch (but he is going ok) my worst decision that I just couldn’t fix was BILLINGS if he had of got injured it would have been better than what I had to deal with all year oh well time to start planning for next season. Also quest. A while back I saw a screen that showed all your trades for the year can’t seem to find it again does anyone know what section it’s under .thx guys

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Yeah was a tough year had Ryder first up week one then it was downhill t green kelly etc all the big ones. Then the Fyfe injury killed my last 2 upgrades and got stuck with Fritch (but he is going ok) my worst decision that I just couldn’t fix was BILLINGS if he had of got injured it would have been better than what I had to deal with all year oh well time to start planning for next season. Also quest. A while back I saw a screen that showed all your trades for the year can’t seem to find it again does anyone know what section it’s under .thx guys
I've not seen such a screen. I know that if in the "lobby" you click on history it will give your season's history in terms of score, ranking etc and a column for number of trades but none showing the actual trades.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I've not seen such a screen. I know that if in the "lobby" you click on history it will give your season's history in terms of score, ranking etc and a column for number of trades but none showing the actual trades.

It's on the left of you team page in the menu with the game fixture ect.

Sorry it's on the right! :confused:

Reactions: Prospector and Yort

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
@Prospector
Thanks mate.
I feel a bit stupid for missing it. But given how difficult it is to find I don't feel that stupid,

Last edited:
Reactions: Prospector

Yort

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 3, 2018
thanks guys, just hoping to drink a beer and backtrack all my mistakes..