2017 Injuries

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Gawn out for about a month with a hamstring according to the AFL website.

A fair will have ruck cover in the form of Nankervis, Witts, Preuss ... but he is still probably a trade, right?

Will have a 27 cycling through his price movements when he comes back ...

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine

A fair will have ruck cover in the form of Nankervis, Witts, Preuss ... but he is still probably a trade, right?

Yeah you'd have to trade him. 4 weeks and a huge price drop coming.
I think the question really is do you replace him with another Ruck, or swing your cover in and make an upgrade in the forward line.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I think the question really is do you replace him with another Ruck, or swing your cover in and make an upgrade in the forward line.
As I said in the X v Y thread I'm really considering a couple of mids via DPP ...

Dusty
The Bont

Reactions: doddy2731

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015

It's difficult for me. I have Sandi and Witts also, so cover not an issue. My options:
1) Hold and play Sandi/Witts. Leaves me open with no cover. Means no trade needed. $600k on the bench for a month.
2) Gawn down to Preuss and add another premium elsewhere, probably in defence. Cash from Preuss great. More points on field.
3) Sideswap to another premium. No one stands out though. Not sold on Grundy yet. Worried about Stef for the full season.

I'm actually thinking 1) may be the best option. I'll be burning 2 trades otherwise because I'll probably end up trading Gawn back in later. He'll drop in value but that's relevant only for those who elected not to start with him who can straight swap Sandi to him at about round 10. The $100k I might save trading him out and back in is not worth considering.

k-red17

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Jun 21, 2015

For mine I'm going Grundy or even big Mummy. Rucks look much more appetizing then the forwards this season (Thus far anyway). You could throw a blanket over a number of forwards really and grab them as you go with Nank and his fellow mid pricers doing pretty well compared to the higher priced forwards.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Gawn apparently more like 8-10 weeks now. Any thoughts of holding him and covering with Nank or Witts have gone.

Reactions: cactus

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Gawn apparently more like 8-10 weeks now. Any thoughts of holding him and covering with Nank or Witts have gone.
Early report saying as many as 10, but is seeing a surgeon tomorrow apparently, so we will know more then about how long.
But you surely wouldn't hold him for that long, plus he is going to lose a stack of coin.