Trades before round 4

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Thinking of trading Naughton out to Richards for cash generation?
Thoughts?

I wouldn't, kind of a nothing trade.
Not enough coin to make it worth it imo and a trade lost, Naughton maybe a slow burn burn but but your only going to pocket around $60k and at least you know he will be named each week.

Good luck with what ever you choose.

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Chris Scott on Henderson - "There's no real update there other than to say we don't expect to have him back in the next few weeks."

And Taylor still an unknown timeframe .

Sounds like Henry isn't going anywhere in a hurry ...

Reactions: Steve

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I'm considering straight swap Kelly to TMitch. Kelly has been a bit off - makes me wonder if the groin has been the issue all along? The other side of me is saying keep trades and don't trade out premos...
I've made this trade. Mitchell needs to be in every decent side at some stage this year. Kelly maybe not. A groin niggle is enough to limit him to a 105 avg this year.

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
I'm considering straight swap Kelly to TMitch. Kelly has been a bit off - makes me wonder if the groin has been the issue all along? The other side of me is saying keep trades and don't trade out premos...
Considered it but like you chose to hold trades and not side swap premos.

Machineman

Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Mar 10, 2016
I would not be side swapping premo's for a 1 week injury, We need to use trades for making money to complete our team, the better our cash gen trades, the better our final team.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I dont see it as a side swap. Kelly had had a slight role change, playing a lot more high half forward instead of in the guts. Possession count has dropped right off, and now hes not fit.

I held Shaw all of last year saying "it's ok, he will come good" when all the signs showed otherwise. I'm not doing that with Kelly.

Reactions: alrighty then

alrighty then

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 30, 2015
I dont see it as a side swap. Kelly had had a slight role change, playing a lot more high half forward instead of in the guts. Possession count has dropped right off, and now hes not fit.

I held Shaw all of last year saying "it's ok, he will come good" when all the signs showed otherwise. I'm not doing that with Kelly.
I like this. It's funny, most players in the past that I have held, I regretted. If you have that feeling, then move swiftly. Kelly I haven't been watching and the role change could be due to his injury? But if Mitchell is good for your team I don't think you will look back, maybe get Kelly back in later when he drops.