Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
anyone got any info on mitch hannan, and if andy otten is named, him or joel smith
I got told Hannan is a matured aged rookie. Apart from that don't know much about him. Maybe @doddy2731 can she some light on him for us.

Smith is named on interchange and we will hear about Otten when Sunday teams are finalised tomorrow. Currently he is on extended bench

Reactions: Fbdonkey

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Smith looked pretty good in the pre-season, apparently didn't play the last game becuase of a toe injury good signs he's straight back in, DE% good and points per minute 0.7 is solid enough, Otten was back to his best but do think his JS is shakey

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
What do people think of Swallow as onfield pick, he is a midpricer? 280 k
Does anyone have Horlin-Smith around 230k? Is that a good downgrade? extra 50k
Or would you go from a Swallow to Steele?

Also just looking at dollars, Kayne Turner i2 171k, is it better to choose him or go down to a houston eg, for 117 and get extra 50k.

Thanks

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
I got told Hannan is a matured aged rookie. Apart from that don't know much about him. Maybe @doddy2731 can she some light on him for us.

Smith is named on interchange and we will hear about Otten when Sunday teams are finalised tomorrow. Currently he is on extended bench
Hannan played in Footscray's VFL premiership side last year, averaging about a goal and a half a game. Third forward and has an awesome highlight reel of marks. Makes me think of a poor mans Jeremy Howe. I thought he had some niggles over the PS and was surprised he was picked. He is 22 tho, so age-wise he should be ready to play.

Reactions: Dino

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine

23yr old (i think) left footer, can kick goals. He will play forward but is and has been training and building his tank to play some midfield time. However i don't see gim playing there anytime soon, JS maybe a little iffy he will need to play a few good games to keep his spot.

Reactions: Benj and Dino

Gawn Armi Witts

Aspiring Coach
Apr 18, 2016
What do people think of Swallow as onfield pick, he is a midpricer? 280 k
Does anyone have Horlin-Smith around 230k? Is that a good downgrade? extra 50k
Or would you go from a Swallow to Steele?

Also just looking at dollars, Kayne Turner i2 171k, is it better to choose him or go down to a houston eg, for 117 and get extra 50k.

Thanks
Of course if you have Swallow you pick him on the field. If you need a mid-price option in the mids because you don't like the rookies there, then he's a good puck.

If you need cash, go the cheaper rookie.

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
From a SC perspective, that's frustrating.

From a Geelong perspective, how the hell is Menegola not in??

Got me beat how neither of them made the team. :confused:

Reactions: Steve

TwentyThree

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Very strange at Geelong. Menegola seemed like your 3rd best mid when he came in last year (behind Danger / Joel) and Thurlow is really highly rated (I think for good reason).

Reactions: Steve and TomCat

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Very strange at Geelong. Menegola seemed like your 3rd best mid when he came in last year (behind Danger / Joel) and Thurlow is really highly rated (I think for good reason).

Add in that Gurthie went out injured.

Ice Cold Beverage

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Jan 24, 2017
Melbourne

I'm not a massive fan of Thurlow tbh. Highly priced for a guy that's unproven. May only average 70-80 hence why I went with Marchbank

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Ive seen on Twitter (so take with a grain of salt) that Hannan will be given a good run in the 1s, so it seems he has pretty good JS early on. Would definitely be taking him over Houston considering he looks like being a one game wonder.

Reactions: cactus

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Word getting around the Otten could be on the outer this weekend with Lever set to return.
And don't quote me but looks like Steele may head up the midfield rung with Armitage likely to miss.

Ice Cold Beverage

Aspiring Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Jan 24, 2017
Melbourne
Word getting around the Otten could be on the outer this weekend with Lever set to return.
And don't quote me but looks like Steele may head up the midfield rung with Armitage likely to miss.

Yep- heard this too. He's unlucky as I think Kelly isn't as good a player as Otten..

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
So Parfitt JS may have just shored up with news Cockatoo out for about a month with injury.

I think he'll get better too, finds the ball fine but looks a little lost with what to do with it.

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London
Who said there weren't any cash cows this year....thanks Swans. Florent, Hayward, Newman and Fox! Hayward and Newman looked particularly good. With all our bloody injuries they should get a good run at it and Foote and Towers were dropped on form which means Horse should give them a decent crack at senior footy. Bad result for us tonight but stoked with how these kids performed under pressure.