ATM i have to start one of Black, Hannan and Strnadica in my forwards this week

smirski

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Jun 5, 2015
I just have this gut feeling Rocky won't miss, something about the way he looked sitting on the bench at the end made it just look like the pop was just a run of the mill thing.
Ill be surprised if he gets up to play this week. He will miss the next two, then the bye I reckon. Might miss one at best.

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Merrett in this week from me. This is purely a personal choice as I love watching him control a game and as great as it was seeing him dominate on Saturday night, he was a POD for my opponent in a cash league so it wasn't as enjoyable as it should have been.

Reactions: Dino

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
So my team reads as follows:

Laird, Shaw, Hibberd, Marchbank, Otten, Newman (Berry, Stewart)
Danger, JPK, Fyfe, T.Mitchell, Oliver, J.Lloyd, Steele, SPP (Barrett, Balic, Hibberd)
Martin, Sandilands (Strnadica)
Dahlhaud, Macrae, Nank, Heeney, Higgins, WHE (Hannan, Parsons)

So I have 310k in the bank and 18 trades. Highlighted are keepers. Only going for league wins. I plan on using 3 more trades then having a big hiatus from trading.

I'm stuck on trading for this week. Initally, I was thinking

Otten -> Dusty via Lloyd
SPP -> Myers

this leave me with 330k to do an upgrade next week.

Now I'm sort of leaning towards Otten -> Docherty & SPP to Myers which will leave me with about 250k.

Ay suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
Potentially thinking of even holding SPP and trading Hannan -> Myers cos Hannan won't be making his BE of 53. But that will net me 66k which I'm worried might not be worth the trade.

Reactions: Steve

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
thinking I'll be taking a donut in the ruck this week. I still have SandiWitts and honestly, there's not another ruck screaming to be taken. I figure one or both will fall over at some stage and that's when I'll be forced to make a trade. Might as well save it until then. Unlike previous years, there's no real dominant ruck who's hurting you NOT to have.

SPP >>>> Meyers

Hardwick >>>> Yeo

Reactions: Steve

Micohal

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 6, 2015
So currently have 236k in the bank which would enable me to go otten > hibberd and WHE > yeo but only leaving 2k left in the bank or
should I keep my cash flow pumping and play it safe by going otten > hibberd and pepper to myers leaving 300k left in bank?

Not sure if I should double up or play it safe picking up cash cows when they come to keep money rolling in since cash flow is a challenge this season. Suggestions welcomed :)

Sitting at 184th atm

captainchardonnay

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
May 22, 2015
So currently have 236k in the bank which would enable me to go otten > hibberd and WHE > yeo but only leaving 2k left in the bank or
should I keep my cash flow pumping and play it safe by going otten > hibberd and pepper to myers leaving 300k left in bank?

Not sure if I should double up or play it safe picking up cash cows when they come to keep money rolling in since cash flow is a challenge this season. Suggestions welcomed :)

Sitting at 184th atm

If I was sitting 184th, I'd be going hard.

But check your byes. Taking just one donut in bye rounds might see you tumble 300 places.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
You want to be maximising points on ground at all times, which means getting as many warm bodies on ground getting those points. This limits the chance of having to take mediocre scores where possible.

Reactions: Micohal

Zacleonard12

Aspiring Coach
Apr 4, 2016
Yeah but you'll be fielding at least a couple of rookies. Having Witts means you only have to find 17 each round and field one less rookie.
yeah but already have grundy and sandi who both have round 13 bye so i already have cover for the first 2 rounds so having witts will not even matter

Micohal

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
May 6, 2015
If I was sitting 184th, I'd be going hard.

But check your byes. Taking just one donut in bye rounds might see you tumble 300 places.

Going hard actually works out better over bye rounds. Just concerned I'll lose the cash flow wave that I'm riding atm which may prevent upgrading to a full squad by end.

Shinboner

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 19, 2016
Just read Rocky out 2-3. If it's 2 it's 3 with his bye.
What's people's thoughts? Trading or holding?
I want to hold but I am concerned he may not tackle as much when he gets back. A pig needs to tackle.

qarocks

Development Coach
Feb 5, 2016
Also I am thinking of going Hampton to Newman. He is going to make so much cash now .. he is a must have rookie.

Sadly, I traded him out last week to get Adams in.