Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Jun 11, 2015
What is the prevailing wisdom on the amount of cash we should start with?

I seem to remember in previous years always struggling with cash for updates.

I am happy with my current team but will start with only $2000 in the bank.

Brky

Aspiring Coach
Jun 12, 2015
This has been discussed a few times before.

Cash in the bank doesn't get you points on the park. Any more than 40-50k and I'd be looking to spend it somewhere. Any more than that and you are talking the difference between a premium and an elite premo. Or a basement rookie and a top 20 pick.

If you are going into round 1 thinking you need to hold cash for an early trade then I'd suggest having a look at your team and thinking about whether you are carrying a bit to much risk into the season.

Bombers56

Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Jun 11, 2015
This has been discussed a few times before.

Cash in the bank doesn't get you points on the park. Any more than 40-50k and I'd be looking to spend it somewhere. Any more than that and you are talking the difference between a premium and an elite premo. Or a basement rookie and a top 20 pick.

If you are going into round 1 thinking you need to hold cash for an early trade then I'd suggest having a look at your team and thinking about whether you are carrying a bit to much risk into the season.

I was tossing up as to swap Goldy for Martin, free up $100,000 and upgrade some defenders.

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
What is the prevailing wisdom on the amount of cash we should start with?

I seem to remember in previous years always struggling with cash for updates.

I am happy with my current team but will start with only $2000 in the bank.

For me the starting cash in the bank is about having enough cash for a rookie correction trade. You could possibly get away with having $2000 if you have a lot of the 200k rookies in your side but if your team is full of cheap rookies you could be in trouble.

Reactions: alman and Dino

StalkingHawk

Mar 17, 2016
Depending on which rookies get named, I could have up to 300k in back round 1. Would come in handy if wells/libba/Rockliff/Dea breaks

And Greene/Shiels/Wines/Yeo start like Fyfe did last year

StalkingHawk

Mar 17, 2016
Depending on which rookies get named, I could have up to 300k in back round 1. Would come in handy if wells/libba/Rockliff/Dea breaks

And Greene/Shiels/Wines/Yeo start like Fyfe did last year

The obvious question is why not go with one of Greene Shiel, wines Yeo.

I think they're all good picks, but less likely to be as much value as wells et al

Mick

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
The amount of cash to start with gets me each year, i always plan to save $50k but end up using it to tweak my team before lockout. Tomcat is spot on in terms of limiting the ability to correct rookies if you leave yourself too short.