Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
With two reasonable rookies on the bubble this week I'm thinking of a double down-grade.
Hinge ($123,900 def) and O Baker ($123,900 mid) are the obvious trade-ins but who to trade out?
In defence, Scrimshaw looks the best: 75BE and 66av.
In the mids it's probably Constable if he misses again.

Reactions: Prospector

nawtay

Aspiring Coach
May 20, 2015
With two reasonable rookies on the bubble this week I'm thinking of a double down-grade.
Hinge ($123,900 def) and O Baker ($123,900 mid) are the obvious trade-ins but who to trade out?
Is Constable your M9 or M8? Also depends on whether Scrimshaw lines up after hurting his knee. I guess with byes around the corner we need to look at both job security & scoring as our bench will be on field.

For my own situation I currently have Duursma & Answerth at D7/D8 so I will most likely get Hinge & get rid of constable & move Answerth to M9

Reactions: Flying Scotsman

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Is Constable your M9 or M8? Also depends on whether Scrimshaw lines up after hurting his knee. I guess with byes around the corner we need to look at both job security & scoring as our bench will be on field.

For my own situation I currently have Duursma & Answerth at D7/D8 so I will most likely get Hinge & get rid of constable & move Answerth to M9
Constable would be my M7 if he was playing but as he isn't getting games there is no point holding him.
I've still got too many under-performing rookies on-field but I think the cash from a double down-grade is too good to pass up.

Bombers56

Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Jun 11, 2015
Add Fort to that list too.

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Liking the thought of losing Petrol Seal and Gibbons for these two. Traded ROB to Fort last week.

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Constable would be my M7 if he was playing but as he isn't getting games there is no point holding him.

I think I heard something about Constable getting injured in the reserves on the weekend? Anyone have any news on that?

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
150K - 20 Trades Looking at what moves you'd make this week

Laird, Sicily, Whitfield, Duursma, Clark, Answerth, (Burgess, Marsh)
Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe, Neale, Libba, Walsh, Gibbons, Atkins, (Hayes, Scott, Setterfield)
Gawn, Grundy, (Bines)
Heeney, Boak, T Kelly, Dunkley, Danger, Balta (Parker, Corbett)

Dunny29

Mar 11, 2016
'Constable felt his groin in the early stages in the VFL and is awaiting assessment.', listed as TBC, quote from AFL website/injury list.

The double downgrade is tempting. Scrimshaw to Hinge seems obvious.
Assuming Constable is set to miss a couple of weeks, a trade to O Baker looks decent. I do have concerns on his JS considering Melbourne has 6 players (IMO likely to come back when fit) listed as test plus Lewis with a week suspension from the VFL on the weekend.
I was considering an early downgrade to Bewley, but the early bye for him makes him a target for Rd 13.

At this point I usually realise I'm wasting my time until team sheets drop! :oops:

I'm sure a few will be struggling for the Rd 13 bye, and the Baker trade makes that week worse for me. I'm anticipating that I cop a donut or 2 during the byes, I think trading efficiently from here (not stressing over trading simply to avoid a bye donut) could lead to a better outcome overall though as I reckon many will run out of trades/cash toward the end of the season.

Gawn Armi Witts

Aspiring Coach
Apr 18, 2016
Why are people who hold Grundy open to trading ROB before the byes? Wont that stuff with bye structure? Stuck in that dilemma myself.

I'm really not sure what to do with my rookies this round. Holding:
D: Hore, Clark, Answerth, Lockhart
M: Walsh, Duursma, Stocker, Hayes, Scott
R: O'Brien
F: Parker, Young, Bines
Bank: ~$34k

nawtay

Aspiring Coach
May 20, 2015
Why are people who hold Grundy open to trading ROB before the byes? Wont that stuff with bye structure?
I think the consensus was that Sauce would be back before Round 13 and that ROB would lose his spot. Since ROB is projected to not make that much more cash those are the main reasons people have moved on.

Personally I wanted to keep him but 4 donuts in the FWD line last week forced my hand.

Haychh

Assistant Coach
Mar 9, 2016
Why are people who hold Grundy open to trading ROB before the byes? Wont that stuff with bye structure? Stuck in that dilemma myself.

I think considering most are holding Bines anyway you're already copping a donut, whether you trade him out now or later you'll still have the same amount on field. There is talk Sauce could be back next week so we might not even have him for the byes anyway

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Anyone considering JJ as a defender after the R12 bye? Not bad value at $464 currently. Has had premo scores in the past. His BE is trending down a little and his output seems to be building.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane

I'm really not sure what to do with my rookies this round. Holding:
D: Hore, Clark, Answerth, Lockhart
M: Walsh, Duursma, Stocker, Hayes, Scott
R: O'Brien
F: Parker, Young, Bines
Bank: ~$34k
I was in the same position as @nawtay : wanted to keep ROB but had 4 donuts.
I'm not convinced that Jacobs will come straight back in to the AFL without a SANFL game. If he does and ROB loses his spot then of course you trade but until then I'd keep him. A playing ruck for rnd.13 will be very useful.

As for your rookies:
Hinge and Baker are the obvious ins.
I try to trade the rookies with BEs higher than their averages or the ones not getting games: Lockhart, Hayes, Scott,
But it depends upon:
your bank - do you need the cash from a downgrade
your bye structure - does a trade fix up a potential donut
how many trades you have already made

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
Just thought I'd repeat to see if anyone had some advice for me this week.
150K - 20 Trades. Cheers

Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe, Neale, Libba, Walsh, Gibbons, Atkins, (Hayes, Scott, Setterfield)
Gawn, Grundy, (Bines)

Gawn Armi Witts

Aspiring Coach
Apr 18, 2016
Ah bugger, trying this for a second time because browser crashed earlier :mad:

I was in the same position as @nawtay : wanted to keep ROB but had 4 donuts.
I'm not convinced that Jacobs will come straight back in to the AFL without a SANFL game. If he does and ROB loses his spot then of course you trade but until then I'd keep him. A playing ruck for rnd.13 will be very useful.

As for your rookies:
Hinge and Baker are the obvious ins.
I try to trade the rookies with BEs higher than their averages or the ones not getting games: Lockhart, Hayes, Scott,
But it depends upon:
your bank - do you need the cash from a downgrade
your bye structure - does a trade fix up a potential donut
how many trades you have already made
Thanks, this is a lot of good advice to consider! Hinge out makes it easier to pass on him, I can get Lockhart out easy enough by upgrading or with Duursma in the midfield, just move him back to get Baker.

My team overall looks like this:
DEF: Lloyd, Whitfield, Williams*, B.Smith, Hore, J.Clark (Lockhart, Answerth)
MID: Neale, Fyfe, Cripps, Macrae, Olive, M.Crouch*, Walsh, Duursma (Stocker, W.Hayes*, B.Scott*)
RUC: Grundy, Gawn (ROB)
FWD: Kelly, Dunkley, Dangerfield, Daniel, Westhoff, Parker (Bines*, R.Young)
Bank: $34,600

Which leads to a bye structure which is a bit of a mess. Quick working out:
DEF: 0.0/1.4/3*.0
MID: 2.2*/2.0/2*.3*
RUC: 0.0/2.0/0.1
FWD: 3.2/2.1*/0.0
Potential:12.9/10.8/12.9

(Legend: 12/13/14; Prem.Rookie;*Not playing this round)

Which looks to me like rd13 is major danger with all those non-players needing to be replaced or face multiple duck eggs.

Bringing Baker in doesn't really help this, but it could let me bring in a rd14 fwd in Cameron, if I can find the cash? Or try to focus on a rd12 def (Ryan? Sicily?).

Well if nothing else this has helped me visualise my bye structure and given plenty to think about. Thanks, SCC!

Gawn Armi Witts

Aspiring Coach
Apr 18, 2016
Just thought I'd repeat to see if anyone had some advice for me this week.
150K - 20 Trades. Cheers

Gawn, Grundy, (Bines)

I wouldn't be double downgrading this week you have plenty of cash to upgrade to a top premium in the mids or just find someone in defence or forward line. I like Jeremy Cameron because he's bottomed out and only had one bad score this year, Harris Andrews down back looks like real good value too and over his injury problems.

Flying Scotsman

Aspiring Coach
Aug 10, 2017
So… I’m actually thinking a lil out of the box. Instead of Joyce and Baker that i think will be unreliable with both scoring and JS I’m thinking of paying 44k more for Begley fwd. Reading up on him “the fridge” looks to have great JS and although hiss does weren’t amazung he kicked 4 behinds for 44 points and 1.2 goals for 59 points. If he can string a couple of games together with a couple of goals he may go up enough in time. If not a relisble 50 to 60 points on bench. He’s coming off an ACL so warning up still and looks to be in best 22 atm. Played a couple of games at end of 2017 and first 5 of 2018 where he did his ACL. He’s 188cm and 94kg so good size and not a super tall fwd. Thoughts?