Gary Ablett

Luke Thompson

Mar 6, 2016
What do we do with Gary?

Its clearly worse than first thought. We all saw last year when he played and wasn't comfortable he pulled the pin after 2 weeks. Surely this has to be in our minds!!

Can we honestly go against him if he is named round one? I would take a very brave man! You will be a genius or end up with pie on your face.

Whats the community think about handling Gary

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
What do we do with Gary?

Its clearly worse than first thought. We all saw last year when he played and wasn't comfortable he pulled the pin after 2 weeks. Surely this has to be in our minds!!

Can we honestly go against him if he is named round one? I would take a very brave man! You will be a genius or end up with pie on your face.

Whats the community think about handling Gary
Surely after rushing him back last year, they wouldn't play him round 1 this year unless he was right to go. I started without him last year (took Fyfe instead, tough call at the time but no brainer in hindsight) and thought it was pretty obvious he wasn't right. I'm not as certain on it this year. I'll wait for more information but if he's still 50/50 going into round 1 then I may just flick him to the other one of the big 4 (pendles, fyfe and danger) that I don't have.

Luke Thompson

Mar 6, 2016
Surely after rushing him back last year, they wouldn't play him round 1 this year unless he was right to go. I started without him last year (took Fyfe instead, tough call at the time but no brainer in hindsight) and thought it was pretty obvious he wasn't right. I'm not as certain on it this year. I'll wait for more information but if he's still 50/50 going into round 1 then I may just flick him to the other one of the big 4 (pendles, fyfe and danger) that I don't have.
Rocket was on fiveaa radio and said he will play round 1. the sounded very confident.

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Surely they learnt their lesson last year, have a feeling he could play nab 3 but they are just being extra cautious. This is the cheapest he has been in years I don't think he can be ignored at his price, you're paying 620k for quite possibly a 130 average

Reactions: The Kraken

Nigel

Mar 1, 2016
Port Moresby
What are the odds of him playing every game? He is no longer a spring chicken and is too competitive to go easy - he's in my team at the moment but will flick over to Fyfe if he's a non starter for round one.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
as long as Gaz is expected to play round 1 or round 2 I'm happy with him in the side. Even if it means fielding a rookie round 1

Reactions: jester5au

tabs

Senior Coach
Aug 10, 2015
Yes he will play R1 but how he will play is the question.

I have no doubt at all that he will be named R1 but its his output that i'm worried about. Does he play the first half rested most of the 3rd and then comes back for the 4th?

THere is no way his foot is 100% but he is still in my team at this stage

Reactions: Prospector

HoneyBadger

Patron '16
Patron '19
Feb 16, 2016
Why would Gold Coast risk him Round 1 & 2 with this fixture?

2016-Fixture.jpg

Hondo

Staff member
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 28, 2015
Well, they need to win games and can't take anything for granted. Sorry to Bombers fans but imagine the uproar if they lose R1!

As for R2, why would they not want him in their side? Are we saying the Suns just give that game away?

I think unless injured he plays with no rests. The Suns have a lot to prove after last year's debacle.