Downgrades

eddystone

May 9, 2015
Struggling to find downgrade options this week, in particular need to find a defender. There's a couple of bubble boys but serious doubts over viability and job security. Not sure on Jay Lever's job security and he is not "cheap" at $157K. Alex Pearce is coming off a 27 and can't be secure in that Freo backline.

So is it a bad idea to go down to a $102K donut and reduce my self to 7 defenders? I just don't see the point in bringing in a more expensive player as "cover" when realistically they may not be in the team when I do need to call on them.

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
I've never liked the idea of bringing in a player who you know isn't going to get a game, with the possible exception on the ruck bench. I reckon shaky job security is better than no job at all. I'll wait until team sheets to make a definitive call but I'm looking at potentially bringing in Lever, didn't score well but still had 15 touches and the Crows lack tall defenders.

Reactions: Fbdonkey

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
With Jaensch having a knee issue, I reckon lever's JS has improved. The only other rookie I am looking at this week is Ellis but he is a tag more expensive than Lever.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
I've done enough downgrades in the last few weeks and as stated there really are no juicy prospects that interest me, this being the case i will be making trades in the upward direction. My priority this week is getting rid of Bellchambers!

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Lever is in their best 22 but he's a Key defender type not going to make you stacks of money.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Lever is in their best 22 but he's a Key defender type not going to make you stacks of money.
That may be true but who out of Lever, Ellis and Pearce is really going to make you a stack of money? None in my books. More about getting some $ to upgrade another maxed out rookie.

Reactions: jester5au

alman

Development Coach
May 7, 2015
Stretch $117k is another option in the midfield.

Scores of 51 and 14 (sub affected).

Fringe player, massive sub risk. No for me, but he is on the bubble and cheap so should be considered if looking to downgrade.

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Bailey Dale did a solid job for the dogs, only one game and sub risk but think he could be a player.

Reactions: Fbdonkey

Fbdonkey

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Victoria
Struggling to find downgrade options this week, in particular need to find a defender. There's a couple of bubble boys but serious doubts over viability and job security. Not sure on Jay Lever's job security and he is not "cheap" at $157K. Alex Pearce is coming off a 27 and can't be secure in that Freo backline.

So is it a bad idea to go down to a $102K donut and reduce my self to 7 defenders? I just don't see the point in bringing in a more expensive player as "cover" when realistically they may not be in the team when I do need to call on them.

With the byes coming up I think it puts way too much pressure on your team to bring in a non playing rookie. Also with so many injuries this year you are likely to need a deeper bench. So I think bringing in a non playing player to save 50k is likely to cause more pain than it is worth

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
What do you guys think of bringing in Mckenzie? only 6k more than Lever, had other things to do last week and would have preferred to bring him in to the Mids for the swing but assuming he's picked is he still worth getting?

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Should still make as much as he did already ... BE is -13.

I say never be scared of going either a week late or a week early, if it seems the best move to improve yer team.

eddystone

May 9, 2015
Thanks guys. Think you're right, it's a bad idea. I'm leaning towards holding Oxley and Mcintosh this week instead of downgrading to Lever.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
The only one I really like the sound of at the moment is Glenn if / when he comes back. Mature age and cheap - good combo.

I reckon Lever is a bit better than a straight out KPD. He's the only other I'd consider but downgrading Tosh to him just doesn't feel like it is quite worth the effort.

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
What do you guys think of bringing in Mckenzie? only 6k more than Lever, had other things to do last week and would have preferred to bring him in to the Mids for the swing but assuming he's picked is he still worth getting?
Doesn't feel like a great move. I mean I got him at his original price and after his 31 I'm not sure I did the right thing ... still pickings are a bit thin and if you need the downgrade I guess maybe he's about as good an option as Lever. Would still prefer Glenn if picked because of the mature age factor.

Reactions: Prospector

Nato

May 22, 2015

I am thinking the same thing. I know everybody went with him last week, which almost makes me lean towards Lever.
Im still not sure who has a better scoring potential.

I would love to hear some thoughts on this

cheers

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I took Dan Mc last week thinking I'd probably take Lever this week. The scores from last week have made me rethink. If I was picking between the two this week I'd take Lever. I made some notes in the pre season (can't remember the source of the info so take it for what it's worth):

About Lever I wrote:
Jake Lever - Adelaide - big enough to play KP but racked up high touches and Supercoach points playing for the Calder cannons - out with a knee last year - back in full training now

About Dan Mc I wrote:
not a KPP like Goddard - averaged 14 touches in TAC - was fairly up and down

Hope that helps.

Reactions: Marcus SCC

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Reckon their averages will be similar. I'd personally put McKenzie ahead based on MPP but Lever ahead based on JS.

So to answer your question I don't know lol

thejuddernaut

Senior Coach
Apr 26, 2015
Perth
Jack steele been ripping It up for gws seconds last few weeks. Should be available soon. Fwd mid mpp too.
I'm still holding Glenn waiting for his third game. did him a week early so I would be right in Mckenzie / mitchell week for them then didn't end up getting to change anyway.
no complaints from me though ranking Improving and didn't trade last round so rocky in for me this week.
I'm also looking at Dumont. I know he's been the sub but if you look at points per minute it's not bad considering the two games and their state when he came on. food for thought.