Dollhouse?

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
I know there are one or two Bullies fans sniffing around these forums - I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on Dollhouse this year.

The Donkey went pretty close to dismissing him in the Podcast today. But I'd had him pretty close to locked in as a good thing in the forward line ...

Pros:
Plays about 22 games a season
Averaged over 100 last year and available in the forward line
Young and probably has improvement left in him

Cons:
Like Libba back and my gut get pushed more into the forward line
Priced fairly high so you might not lose too much by not stating him

Reactions: Prospector

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
My concern wouldn't be about Libba, it'd be if the dogs can keep up the good form as a team. If they can then Dahlhaus will score well. I have no doubt

All midfielders will get forward time with the interchange cap coming down, so it's handy to have midfielders that can kick goals which Dahlhaus definitely can, every year Dahlhaus gets more and more time in the midfield, I don't think Libba going down dramatically affected where he was played. We have many young players with smaller tanks than Dahlhaus that were picked up for a similar role so players like McLean, Dale and Caleb Daniel will be played forward and small amounts in the midfield, where as Dahlhaus will be the opposite, more midfield, less forward

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Doggies have a much MUCH tougher run this year. I'd love to be proven wrong but I'm not sure they can back it up, and same goes for the kids that broke out last year (Macrae, Wallis, Bont, Dal). Those guys all feel like they're full priced to me.

Reactions: Fbdonkey and cactus

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Yeah. Currently have him as one of my three primo forwards. Looking forward to what the boys have to say when they break it down a bit more in the forwards podcast.

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Doggies have a much MUCH tougher run this year. I'd love to be proven wrong but I'm not sure they can back it up, and same goes for the kids that broke out last year (Macrae, Wallis, Bont, Dal). Those guys all feel like they're full priced to me.
I'm tipping the Bont to continue to improve - see my sig ...

Reactions: Steve

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
My concern wouldn't be about Libba, it'd be if the dogs can keep up the good form as a team. If they can then Dahlhaus will score well. I have no doubt

All midfielders will get forward time with the interchange cap coming down, so it's handy to have midfielders that can kick goals which Dahlhaus definitely can, every year Dahlhaus gets more and more time in the midfield, I don't think Libba going down dramatically affected where he was played. We have many young players with smaller tanks than Dahlhaus that were picked up for a similar role so players like McLean, Dale and Caleb Daniel will be played forward and small amounts in the midfield, where as Dahlhaus will be the opposite, more midfield, less forward

I'm wondering the same about the Tiges this year. We had a pretty blessed run with injuries last year ... the smart money seems to be saying the cats, the pies, the suns, port, GWS are likely to improve ... so which teams make way ... and what effect does it have on SuperCoach prospects?

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
I'm wondering the same about the Tiges this year. We had a pretty blessed run with injuries last year ... the smart money seems to be saying the cats, the pies, the suns, port, GWS are likely to improve ... so which teams make way ... and what effect does it have on SuperCoach prospects?

Devon Smith rumoured to have a bit more midfield time with Stevie J coming in to play forward... I hated Devon last year, brought him in when he was averaging something around 103, then decided playing well wasn't for him. His low scoring also coincided with Mumford going down both in 2015 and 2014.

With Mummy there in 2014 Devon averaged 95.5, without he averaged 72.5
With Mummy in 2015 Devon averaged 92.4, without he averaged 84.7 [take out a freak 170 score, that goes down to 74]

Reactions: TwentyThree

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Not to side track the thread but 2 other bulldogs, 1 Stringer? maybe not quite SC relevant yet but is the potential there if he's running through the midfield 20%tog?

Hunter the other one, if he was listed as a Def he'd be in my team i think, not sure why he's not?

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
Teves -

Are we talking Hunter as in the 415K mid fielder who has only played 35 games in his career so far and whose best season average was 77 from about a dozen games?

I didn't get to watch many Bullies games last year so I could be missing something but based on the numbers he looks a pretty bad pick.

M4TT B8S

Senior Coach
May 25, 2015
I expect The Package to have another great year - just can't fit him in!
I called him to win the 2016 coleman in about December, [and Tom Boyd to kick 40, and Toby McLean to win the rising star], but I haven't even tried to fit Stringer, I wouldn't be pushing your team to try and get him, he's not necessarily a supercoach must have, even if he does win the coleman, just look at Kennedy last year, finished with a 92 average which isn't anywhere near a must have up forward

I did read an interesting stat though, 41% of Stringer's goals were unassisted. Absolute beast, and 33% were from snap shots. Chance at winning the Brownlow, Coleman and Norm Smith? hahaha

Tevez17

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
May 7, 2015
Teves -

Are we talking Hunter as in the 415K mid fielder who has only played 35 games in his career so far and whose best season average was 77 from about a dozen games?

I didn't get to watch many Bullies games last year so I could be missing something but based on the numbers he looks a pretty bad pick.

Yeah he's a no go as mid no doubt, but when he was moved to a back flank late last year he really came into his own so had had Def DPP I think i would take the punt on him, I reckon he can average 90+,

Reactions: cactus