Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 7, 2015
Hi All,
just had a profitable thought, so decided to share it.
I notice that you fellas are doing this for free. It's one of the best sc podcasts/resources on the Web and it costs you lots of time and resources each year to do. We appreciate it, but consider this. I'm not on twitter (so I'm not sure if your doing this on there) but we don't hear from you once the teams are announced. I would love to hear your thoughts each week once teams drop.
My suggestion is you could create an email with teams, your trades plans, your captain suggestions, watch lists and any warnings of potential traps. This email is only for people who have made a donation to your site. I know it's more work but it doesn't have to be huge, or if it is set a higher fee. Just a suggestion. 50-100 ppl on the list at $20 each=1-2k.
You do a $5trial for the remainder of the season to guage interest? Anyhow...keep up the great work

Beermonkey

Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 7, 2015
There's a chance you'd lose the community spirit around here if they did that. Just paying a fee to hear the thoughts after teams drop seems more reasonable.

Fbdonkey

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Victoria
Looking at the longer term we do need to monitise the site given how much time and cost (eg. server fees) are involved. We have considered this option and may look to do something along these lines going into 2016.

let us know if anyone has any ideas about how you think this should look.

Deadsets

6-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
The footy alerts app is great. Most of us follow huge amounts of people on Twitter to get the recent mail. I wonder if an alert type app with team news rumours etc coming out as they bounce so people have a greater amount of info in one place.

You already have massive street cred so many people would follow you on whatever course you take.

Reactions: doddy2731

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine
Just heard that Jock Reynolds & Co aren't doing anymore Podcast's and not to sure whats going to happen next year. I think if Podcast are to continue here maybe the boys should think of just doing it for people that chip in a bit for their time. After all they are the one's that put in all the time and effort for us to do it.Shit look at the recent one's and Marcus and his commitment from overseas. And they will get a huge swell of followers now that a popular podcast has fallen.

Reactions: Steve and Dino

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Seriously I don't know what I would do if FB and Marcus decided to pull up stumps on the podcasts. Playing SC is more than just putting a team together and trading to get the best possible team. Its just as much about being apart of communities such as SCC. If a fee is involved to keep getting the advice, the laughs and grief counselling after you have had a shit week in SC, then just tell me how much and how to pay.

@wheels_1987

Jun 30, 2015
Prahran, Melbourne
Just heard that Jock Reynolds & Co aren't doing anymore Podcast's and not to sure whats going to happen next year. I think if Podcast are to continue here maybe the boys should think of just doing it for people that chip in a bit for their time. After all they are the one's that put in all the time and effort for us to do it.Shit look at the recent one's and Marcus and his commitment from overseas. And they will get a huge swell of followers now that a popular podcast has fallen.

Sad day too
RIP Jock, Higgo and CourchingOne #welcome
Heres to Weekend At Bernies 4 - Flapping Tarp Studios

Reactions: koach

@wheels_1987

Jun 30, 2015
Prahran, Melbourne
Seriously I don't know what I would do if FB and Marcus decided to pull up stumps on the podcasts. Playing SC is more than just putting a team together and trading to get the best possible team. Its just as much about being apart of communities such as SCC. If a fee is involved to keep getting the advice, the laughs and grief counselling after you have had a shit week in SC, then just tell me how much and how to pay.

I was a Club Jock member and that was $8 every 3 Months.
I pay $20 for Supercoach Gold so i would pay b/w $10-$20 a year for some awesome Podcast Community Content

Fitzroy Guerrilla

Staff member
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 27, 2015
Richmond
I reckon a podcast focused around the SCC leagues would be good - similar to Jock Reynolds community podcasts in a sense (as in, not the main podcast of the week).

Maybe this could happen later in the week and also have a bit of commentary on the team sheets.

I guess it all depends on how much time Marcus and FBD have as well as whether or not there'd be the possibility of other community members being able to have involvement.

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Could even set up donations for the main content, and maybe extra stuff with a fee as mentioned above. Doesn't discourage any new members from joining that way. I know I'd happily tip in

Fbdonkey

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Victoria
I reckon a podcast focused around the SCC leagues would be good - similar to Jock Reynolds community podcasts in a sense (as in, not the main podcast of the week).

Maybe this could happen later in the week and also have a bit of commentary on the team sheets.

I guess it all depends on how much time Marcus and FBD have as well as whether or not there'd be the possibility of other community members being able to have involvement.

We have discussed something along these lines. Unfortunately the time commitments of doing an extra show each week would probably be too high. Maybe we need a "B-team podcast" lol.

Fbdonkey

Legendary Coach
Staff member
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
Victoria
Dunny and Faz (as current regular guests/co-hosts) would be more than capable of creating a great podcast. I think I am more replaceable than Marcus for the main gig, he has done an amazing job behind the scenes this year.

Fitzroy Guerrilla

Staff member
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Apr 27, 2015
Richmond
I remember that the Captains articles from a few years back used to be popular - maybe another idea that could be rolled in somewhere.

Dino

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Apr 24, 2015
Alexandra, Victoria
Dont undersell yourself FB. Team effort. Would throw the feng shui out of balance if you weren't involved.

Podcast on teams, Captains, PODs etc etc. Lots of avenues to explore.