Premiership Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Jun 11, 2015
He certainly played well at the weekend and looks to have improved from last season. Also looked fitter. Can you give it another week to see?

alrighty then

Assistant Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Apr 30, 2015
Career highs in disposals, tackles and inside-50's last weekend. Looked unreal. Merrett started dominant and got tagged to start the second half, It will be interesting to see if some other teams decide to tag Mcgrath instead, but I suppose these things are hard to predict. I agree, watch again this week. I expect the jump to happen, but to what avg I don't know.

Reactions: Seppo

Seppo

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Feb 16, 2016
I would agree that we need to see it for another week at least...I assume the urgency is because this is a Danger replacement and you have to make a decision soon?

If you go by last season's midfield numbers you can't take much meaning out of high midfield scoring from one game where Essendon plays Hawthorn. They both bled points to mids all season long last year and I'll be looking to VC players against them whenever I can this year.

Also that massive score is only going to be in his cycle for 1 price rise, so this could go sideways really quickly considering the Dons next 4 are Port, St Kilda, Sydney, and Brisbane. I would've thought the Swans would be the easiest to score against out of those four, but they crushed the Brisbane mids last week so this looks to be an awful draw for him.

Just my two cents. I think he's an A-grader for sure...just not certain that translates to SC scoring and I wouldn't want to make that leap of faith based on one game against Hawthorn.