Round 11 Discussion and Trades

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
I wouldn't be double downgrading this week you have plenty of cash to upgrade to a top premium in the mids or just find someone in defence or forward line. I like Jeremy Cameron because he's bottomed out and only had one bad score this year, Harris Andrews down back looks like real good value too and over his injury problems.
What do you think about
Gibbons to O Baker
Hayes to J Cameron

Reactions: Gawn Armi Witts

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
So… I’m actually thinking a lil out of the box. Instead of Joyce and Baker that i think will be unreliable with both scoring and JS I’m thinking of paying 44k more for Begley fwd. Reading up on him “the fridge” looks to have great JS and although hiss does weren’t amazung he kicked 4 behinds for 44 points and 1.2 goals for 59 points. If he can string a couple of games together with a couple of goals he may go up enough in time. If not a relisble 50 to 60 points on bench. He’s coming off an ACL so warning up still and looks to be in best 22 atm. Played a couple of games at end of 2017 and first 5 of 2018 where he did his ACL. He’s 188cm and 94kg so good size and not a super tall fwd. Thoughts?

I’ll probably end up bringing him in this week. I hate his price and his scoring potential but his JS is good and my team is desperate for playing players.

Reactions: Flying Scotsman

Flying Scotsman

Aspiring Coach
Aug 10, 2017
I’ll probably end up bringing him in this week. I hate his price and his scoring potential but his JS is good and my team is desperate for playing players.
Yeah the price is a worry. If he can get a couple of 70+ games in a few weeks he may make 100k still... hopefully. Which is probably as good as O.Baker. i need to either get him for Moore or O.Baker for Drew to afford Lloyd for Constable so all depends on Ports tesm selection.

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
So… I’m actually thinking a lil out of the box. Instead of Joyce and Baker that i think will be unreliable with both scoring and JS I’m thinking of paying 44k more for Begley fwd. Reading up on him “the fridge” looks to have great JS and although hiss does weren’t amazung he kicked 4 behinds for 44 points and 1.2 goals for 59 points. If he can string a couple of games together with a couple of goals he may go up enough in time. If not a relisble 50 to 60 points on bench. He’s coming off an ACL so warning up still and looks to be in best 22 atm. Played a couple of games at end of 2017 and first 5 of 2018 where he did his ACL. He’s 188cm and 94kg so good size and not a super tall fwd. Thoughts?
I know a few Bombers supporters who think he has very good short-term JS due to injuries to fwds: Stringer, Daniher, Smith
Baker suits my team best this round. I'm happy to bypass Begley.

Reactions: Flying Scotsman

Flying Scotsman

Aspiring Coach
Aug 10, 2017
I know a few Bombers supporters who think he has very good short-term JS due to injuries to fwds: Stringer, Daniher, Smith
Baker suits my team best this round. I'm happy to bypass Begley.
I'm actually considering a double downgrade this week in getting Baker and Begley. I need to get Lloyd but even with a BE of 77 he shouldn't go up more than 15k or so. It would leave me money to upgrade 2 players next week and there is literally no good downgrade options next week unless Hately or Hinge is named...