Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
So - some of us have no trades left, others have the odd one or two we are hanging on to in anticipation of further LTIs.

So - the major decisions are who to "vc" and "c" and which bench players to play if need be.
The "c" for me is pretty easy: I have Olango, WCE and Hawthorn play Sunday, Titch it is.
The "vc" is still undecided: Kelly vs the Saints at Homebush? Cripps vs the Suns at Metricon? But it's likely to be Gawn vs Adelaide in Adelaide. Gawn scores well interstate and Jacobs is regularly giving up 100s to opposing rucks, including a 141 to Grundy in Adelaide.

Last edited:

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
So - some of us have no trades left, others have the odd one or two we are hanging on to in anticipation of further LTIs.

So - the major decisions are who to "vc" and "c" and which bench players to play if need be.
The "c" for me is pretty easy: I have Olango, WCE and Hawthorn play Sunday, Titch it is.
The "vc" is still undecided: Kelly vs the Saints at Homebush? Cripps vs the Suns at Metricon? But it's likely to be Gawn vs Adelaide in Adelaide. Gawn scores well interstate and Jacobs is regularly giving up 100s to opposing rucks, including a 141 to Grundy in Adelaide.
Cripps vs Suns could be massive...

Reactions: Tevez17

Crackhead

Aspiring Coach
Aug 28, 2015
What about vc on danger into captain gawn? Do mids go large against freo? Surely they would put alot of attention into mitchell this week

m4ttdog

Aspiring Coach
Patron '21
Jun 9, 2016
Danger into Kelly works best for me given my loophole options. My attention is on the league win and I can stay in the top 4 with a win, fingers crossed!

Bock Choy

May 17, 2018
I'll again go Gawn into Titch. 3 trades left and $150k in the bank - if I can get through this weekend unscathed, I might treat myself to a luxury trade, maybe Boak into TMac which will give me some DEF/FWD flexibility.

Reactions: Yort

Yort

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 3, 2018
need advice guys, can up ahern to tmac this week, league games are close and im barely hanging in the 8. will only cost 1 trade but leave no cash and still running J smith in backline. not nufgf cash to upgrade smith to anyone decent. will leave me 2 trades..thoughts

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
need advice guys, can up ahern to tmac this week, league games are close and im barely hanging in the 8. will only cost 1 trade but leave no cash and still running J smith in backline. not nufgf cash to upgrade smith to anyone decent. will leave me 2 trades..thoughts
Are you confident that TMac will generate enough of a points difference to win the league match (20 - 30?)

Ahern has been doing reasonably well, but if he is your weakest link, then you need to win to make finals. I'd trade.

doddy2731

5-Time Premiership Coach
Veterans
Apr 30, 2015
Southern Riverine

Have alook at your match ups and weigh up whether you think you can win without a trade.
Trades are a valued commodity this end of the season.

Geoff123

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Aug 10, 2017
Struggling a bit with the captains choice this week everyone suggesting Danger I find it hard to ingnore Titch even with a tag and hawks needing a win for top 8 off the back of a 192. For me either Danger into Gawn or Gawn into Titch via Olango. Would take a 125.

Reactions: Prospector

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Head said Cripps VC. Heart said Danger.

Fair to say I got it wrong. Go nuts, Titch.

Reactions: Geoff123

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Head said Cripps VC. Heart said Danger.

Fair to say I got it wrong. Go nuts, Titch.
Slightly different for me: heart said Cripps for "vc", head said Gawn with Titch as "c"
Results say I should have gone heart but I'll still take Gawn's 130 and Olango as "c".

Reactions: Steve and Geoff123

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
In some trouble this round. Howe, Kennedy, Martin, Coniglio all under performing. And by big numbers. My opponent goes and plays Ahern on field!!!!!
You have got to be kidding me.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
In some trouble this round. Howe, Kennedy, Martin, Coniglio all under performing. And by big numbers. My opponent goes and plays Ahern on field!!!!!
Ahern is really finding some form. I've got him at M9 but I'm seriously thinking about fielding him at F6 so I don't have to cop Walters crap every week.

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
Lose by 7 points to finish 5th. Dissapointing end to the season, but still in the game. With 4 trades left I have some serious thinking to do....