Round 18 Discussion and Trade Talk

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
Carnage all over this week guys. Sic rip, gray out, hibberd out and running t and j Smith from melb. Was going to down and up t mite this week but with so many outs not sure if it’s worth burning the trades if I run a doughnut as well. Got all the top scorers except T Mac and crisp. But Hurley or ryan look good too. Thoughts
While Gray is listed to play, can we trust that he wont be a late out...given it is a sunday game less likely - fingers crossed.

Reactions: Yort

Yort

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 3, 2018
Ok here is my dilemma. Got nic nat, got sicdog and only have 3 trades and 23k.

Sicdog is in my fwd line and i have guelfi to cover. Other fwds i have is heeney, mclean, fritsch, devon smith and hoff. T smith other bench.

So could do a few things. Nic nat to nank/ sinclair and ride sicdog/ guelfi into finals as at least a donut is covered.
Or i could trade both, up to goldy and then settle for a fwd like billings yuck. And only 1 trade.

I am guranteed a top2 finish in all my leagues. Thoughts please legends?
Reckon Nic Nat is your biggest issue would trade him for sure then park sic on bench for a week and hold the trades just in case something even worse happens then trade him when it closer to finals if u have 1 left

Reactions: Crackhead

The Antrobus

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 9, 2018
I've gone Witherdon and Martin for Sicily and Nic Nat.
With 5 trades left I've compromised on both positions.

I could go down to 2 trades and get Grundy/Crisp but it will take 2 weeks and I'd be left with 2 trades and I'd like to save those for finals.

Crackhead

Aspiring Coach
Aug 28, 2015
I've gone Witherdon and Martin for Sicily and Nic Nat.
With 5 trades left I've compromised on both positions.

I could go down to 2 trades and get Grundy/Crisp but it will take 2 weeks and I'd be left with 2 trades and I'd like to save those for finals.
Thoughts on martins run home? I had a look and sinclair has grundy and then gawn in qualifying final and prelim respectively.

Really think its down to goldy/ grundy and a left field nank

Bozman

Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 7, 2016
I thankfully traded NicNat to Grundy last week, so only Sicily to deal with. He’s in my defence.
Looking at Crisp & Hurley, maybe Brayshaw.

Better to go Crisp leaving ~$50k or Hurley leaving ~$90k in bank for future injuries? Fully upgraded team (well, still have Petracca), will have 4 trades after Sicily is gone.

Crackhead

Aspiring Coach
Aug 28, 2015
I thankfully traded NicNat to Grundy last week, so only Sicily to deal with. He’s in my defence.
Looking at Crisp & Hurley, maybe Brayshaw.

Better to go Crisp leaving ~$50k or Hurley leaving ~$90k in bank for future injuries? Fully upgraded team (well, still have Petracca), will have 4 trades after Sicily is gone.
You got a few trades if it doesnt work so i'd go crisp. Hurley could prob go bigger but crisp has runs on the board this year

Crackhead

Aspiring Coach
Aug 28, 2015
Reckon Nic Nat is your biggest issue would trade him for sure then park sic on bench for a week and hold the trades just in case something even worse happens then trade him when it closer to finals if u have 1 left

Yep gone Nank the tank as his run home isnt too bad. Sicdog can become greene in a few weeks if i get away with a few weeks of no desperate trades

Reactions: Orallus_Maximus

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Hmm. Bad start to the round. Whilst tinkering with my team during the week and working out who to loophole for VC I somehow managed to leave C on Billings :-(. Rookie error

Centroprise

Development Coach
Feb 21, 2018
With both Sicily and Nicnat to deal with this weekend - Nicnat to grundy this week. Should be a straight forward league win, but want to hold mid and fwd rookie cover to Kennedy and Gray - just in case they are late outs.

Sort of Sicily next week and hopefully the last forward upgrade to Heeney, TMac, Greene...

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Awkward situation. I've got Petracca on my bench but can loophole him on and bench McLean. Bird in hand type of stuff I think. I can't leave a ton on the bench.

J-Dog

Jordan
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Veterans
Apr 26, 2015
Awkward situation. I've got Petracca on my bench but can loophole him on and bench McLean. Bird in hand type of stuff I think. I can't leave a ton on the bench.
Toby only has one ton in his last 6 and has West Coast away, good call imo
Assume McLean is the only player you’re able to do this with?

Reactions: Prospector

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
Toby only has one ton in his last 6 and has West Coast away, good call imo
Assume McLean is the only player you’re able to do this with?
Yeah, other forwards are Heeney, Buddy, McDonald, Walters and Smith. Theres a few lower scores from common players floating around this week so I'll take the ton and hope for the best.

Geoff123

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Aug 10, 2017
Oliver looking doubtful if he is not named trade to Neale or Macrae ?