Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
Sicily is definitely out. From the Hawks web-site:
"Hawthorn defender James Sicily is likely to be sidelined for an extended period after scans revealed he suffered a broken scaphoid in Saturday’s loss to the Brisbane Lions.
Sicily will undergo surgery today and is expected to miss at least six weeks."

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Sicily is definitely out. From the Hawks web-site:
"Hawthorn defender James Sicily is likely to be sidelined for an extended period after scans revealed he suffered a broken scaphoid in Saturday’s loss to the Brisbane Lions.
Sicily will undergo surgery today and is expected to miss at least six weeks."
More carnage!

gloryboy

Assistant Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Veterans
Jan 26, 2017
R18 #supercoach Price Projection Analysis

DEF (Sicily $509k)
Brayshaw $488k
Hurley $463k
Webster $386k
Houli $352k

MID
Macrae $564k R19
JoshKelly $514k R20
Sloane $485k

FWD
Greene $447 R19
Buddy $438k
Darling $424 R19

DEBUTANTS
DEF O'Riordan $124k (85)
DEF Morgan $124k (73)

5CDBA52D-9E24-4A69-8783-455DD150C23B.jpeg

C2833562-F244-47B6-A77D-BBE5D2E2DCCD.jpeg

Reactions: Yort

The Antrobus

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 9, 2018
I need to trade Nic Nat and Sicily this week and really have two ways to go.

Trade Sicily for a cheaper defender (around 400k) and go Nic Nat to Goldy/Grundy
or
Trade Nic Nat for a same/same ruckman type (Nank/Tbell) and grab premo defender in Crisp/Brayshaw et al (not I have Lloyd).

Thoughts?

Fisker FC

Patron '18
Apr 21, 2017
Guys - I really rate te DEF/FWD DPP and loosing Sicily is huge for many who have the Keefe swing setup covering both lines.
Obvious choice is TMAC who's had 2 quietish games and he is playing 100% fwd with a tough draw coming up.
Instead of going Crisp/Hurley and loosing that swing, i looked at all the DEF/FWD options.

Take a look at Josh Walker D/F (Bris), now that you've had your giggle, I did too. Look at this heatmap and scores closely.
Brisbane have turned the table on their game the past month and so has Walker.
His first 4 rounds he played as a forward average nothing, that past 4 he is playing 100% defense and averaging around 92 and is a measly $350k, BE 40

It may pay off and vs premo defenders we're saving $100K+ to use one of our last trades.
Any Brissy fans out there have their opinion on his game?

Cheers,
Westy [FISKER FC]

Reactions: Prospector

The Antrobus

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 9, 2018
Guys - I really rate te DEF/FWD DPP and loosing Sicily is huge for many who have the Keefe swing setup covering both lines.
Obvious choice is TMAC who's had 2 quietish games and he is playing 100% fwd with a tough draw coming up.
Instead of going Crisp/Hurley and loosing that swing, i looked at all the DEF/FWD options.

Take a look at Josh Walker D/F (Bris), now that you've had your giggle, I did too. Look at this heatmap and scores closely.
Brisbane have turned the table on their game the past month and so has Walker.
His first 4 rounds he played as a forward average nothing, that past 4 he is playing 100% defense and averaging around 92 and is a measly $350k, BE 40

It may pay off and vs premo defenders we're saving $100K+ to use one of our last trades.
Any Brissy fans out there have their opinion on his game?

Cheers,
Westy [FISKER FC]

Looks interesting. Thanks.
What's your prediction for his last 6 rounds.

DPP isn't an issue. If I can get someone below $365K that will average 95 in the backline that would be perfect.
That way I can go Nic Nat to Grundy.

Fisker FC

Patron '18
Apr 21, 2017
If you
Looks interesting. Thanks.
What's your prediction for his last 6 rounds.

DPP isn't an issue. If I can get someone below $365K that will average 95 in the backline that would be perfect.
That way I can go Nic Nat to Grundy.

Want someone that 'will' average 95 you'll prob need to go a premium. Walker ''may' get around that, but going by his lastl 4 games 80+ he will get. Which is more than I can say for bloody heater Shaw !

Reactions: The Antrobus

Andrew Birch

Jul 18, 2018
Sicily (RIP) > Heeney (yeah I know he has a high b/e this wk)
&
Fyfe* > Macrae* (maybe...depend how Ahern goes with the E & if JPK plays)

SC RD 18 HEENEY.JPG

The Antrobus

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 9, 2018
With Nic Nat and Sicily out I guess what I'm asking is what is the best Ruck/Defender combo I can buy for $978,700

Andrew Birch

Jul 18, 2018
With Nic Nat and Sicily out I guess what I'm asking is what is the best Ruck/Defender combo I can buy for $978,700

Hard to say without knowing which other defenders you currently have but I'll have a crack

Luke Ryan & Sinclair - (Ryan averages 106 at OS and Freo play 4 of their last 6 there. Sinclair consistent 100ppg)
or
Stef Martin & Witherden (3rd highest averaging ruck & Withers averaging 93 from last 5 Brissy team playing well)

The Antrobus

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 9, 2018
Hard to say without knowing which other defenders you currently have but I'll have a crack

Luke Ryan & Sinclair - (Ryan averages 106 at OS and Freo play 4 of their last 6 there. Sinclair consistent 100ppg)
or
Stef Martin & Witherden (3rd highest averaging ruck & Withers averaging 93 from last 5 Brissy team playing well)

ok thanks. Great options.

I've got Nic Nat/Gawn and Cameron.
Hurly, Lloyd, Simpson, Laird, Sicily, Yeo with Ridley/Austin on the bench.

Reactions: Andrew Birch

The Antrobus

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 9, 2018
His 3 round average is 64. What makes you think he will be at 95 for the rest of the year?

Yort

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 3, 2018
Carnage all over this week guys. Sic rip, gray out, hibberd out and running t and j Smith from melb. Was going to down and up t mite this week but with so many outs not sure if it’s worth burning the trades if I run a doughnut as well. Got all the top scorers except T Mac and crisp. But Hurley or ryan look good too. Thoughts

Crackhead

Aspiring Coach
Aug 28, 2015
Ok here is my dilemma. Got nic nat, got sicdog and only have 3 trades and 23k.

Sicdog is in my fwd line and i have guelfi to cover. Other fwds i have is heeney, mclean, fritsch, devon smith and hoff. T smith other bench.

So could do a few things. Nic nat to nank/ sinclair and ride sicdog/ guelfi into finals as at least a donut is covered.
Or i could trade both, up to goldy and then settle for a fwd like billings yuck. And only 1 trade.

I am guranteed a top2 finish in all my leagues. Thoughts please legends?

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
I only have to contend with Siciliy this week.

I have 2 DEF (Rice & B Lynch) as bench rookies. Have cover across all other lines.

I'm thinking of loopholing Rice (Fri night game). If he goes well (70+) then I'll save trades and swap Siciliy for Lloyd next week. Failing that Siciliy to Lloyd this week.

Team is sorta premo across all lines (Billlings/Pertacca FWD & Shaw DEF - a bit dubious).

Monitor Maclean and upgrade Holman next week. Puts Rocky on the Mid bench...

Any thoughts out there?