Round 12 Duscussion and Trade Talk

Azza Jones

Aspiring Coach
Mar 13, 2018
Cant believe Dusty is out too................ seriously FML!!!! Season out the window. I have will be lucky to put out 18 if I made 3 trades this week

AlLewis

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 16, 2017
My only bye rookie is Mirra. The obvious move is to Austin but Mirra has a break even of -10.

Anyone in the same position? You going to trade or hold?

I have definitely considered this but with the carnage I’m facing this week.... He played great the last game he played too! So frustrating.

Currently I have Macca, Titch, Cripps, Mclean, Simpson and Sicily on byes plus Fyfe, Coniglio, Dusty, Laird and Anderson out or doubtful... oh and shyte non regular playing rookies too.... it hurts sooooo bad....

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
I have definitely considered this but with the carnage I’m facing this week.... He played great the last game he played too! So frustrating.

Currently I have Macca, Titch, Cripps, Mclean, Simpson and Sicily on byes plus Fyfe, Coniglio, Dusty, Laird and Anderson out or doubtful... oh and shyte non regular playing rookies too.... it hurts sooooo bad....
I'd dump Mirra, his last game was awful . As a Hawks fan, we're in trouble if he's getting a game. He can't contain his opponent and some of his (frequent) turnovers are horrific. Nice VFL player, but should only get an AFL game if our backline is crippled with injury.

Reactions: AlLewis

Shinboner

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 19, 2016
Selections......wow. This one gonna hurt:eek:

The Antrobus

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 9, 2018
I think Ridley and Smith are two of the worst trade in rookies for the year. Straight out!

I'm thinking of trading Coniglio. He is out for the next two weeks.
He's only averaging 107 and I simply need coverage.

Thoughts?

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
166K - 16 Trades - Really appreciating your trade advice this week. Much appreciated
DEF: Laird, Simpson, Shaw, L Murphy, Doedee, Sicily, (Cole, Yeo)
MID: Rockliff, Danger, Spargo, E Phillips, Cogs, Petracca, Brayshaw, Holman (Fyfe, Titch, Dusty)
RUC: Gawn, NicNat (Olango)
FWD: Heeney, Maclean, Buddy, D Smith, Guelfi, Fritsch (Billings, T Smith)

arnot2mcbean

Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Feb 15, 2018
All of these outs aren't ideal but pretty much everyone in the top 15,000 is in the same boat so it shouldn't hurt anyones ranking too much.

Good chance to actually move up with some smart trading, I've got 18 right now after going Mirra>Austin and Billings>R.Gray. I'm assuming Crowden won't be in the final squad for Freo, if that's the case I might move him to C.Moore, I think he's done a great job for the Tiges so far and is likely to hold his spot at least in the medium-term.

Would leave me with 15 trades.

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong
I can swing 18 with 3 rookie trades, which would actually set me up better over the next 2 weeks (team sheets pending), but it means trading one of Ridley or Tim Smith.

Woosha has said Ridley "Will only miss one week"... as if to say he will come straight back into the side. Smith was officially "omitted" but the Demons website makes mention of his neck and leg injury. He has been named in a pocket for their VFL side. Whoever I trade will be for Mihocek. Im fully aware that Mihocek may not play after the byes, but in saying that, both Smith and Ridley will have ended up as my 8th Def or Fwd in any case. I didnt want to trade either of these guys ideally, but its all about warm bodies at the moment.

Reactions: Prospector

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
Smith was officially "omitted" but the Demons website makes mention of his neck and leg injury. He has been named in a pocket for their VFL side
What do we reckon that means?

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
Love a good bit of carnage, especially across the byes.

I've got 17 players before trades, so should be able to get 19 on field + 1 on the forward bench that' I can loophole.

I was planning to do 2-3 downgrades this week, but given the carnage I'm tempted to increase my upgrade cadence and get Westhoff and Gray this week to try and get as much advantage this week as I can. I'd rather wait the extra week on both as both have high BE's and they have a tough match-up this week.

The other one I'm considering is Miller. With Hall out for the rest of the year he looks primed for more opportunity and coming off 3 tons in a row. Lets face it, someone has to score at the Suns. Given he'll play the next 3 he doesn't need to average quite as much as others. Massive gamble, but not much to lose at this stage.

Reactions: Rupert and Steve

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong

I've got 17 players before trades, so should be able to get 19 on field + 1 on the forward bench that' I can loophole.

I was planning to do 2-3 downgrades this week, but given the carnage I'm tempted to increase my upgrade cadence and get Westhoff and Gray this week to try and get as much advantage this week as I can. I'd rather wait the extra week on both as both have high BE's and they have a tough match-up this week.

The other one I'm considering is Miller. With Hall out for the rest of the year he looks primed for more opportunity and coming off 3 tons in a row. Lets face it, someone has to score at the Suns. Given he'll play the next 3 he doesn't need to average quite as much as others. Massive gamble, but not much to lose at this stage.
I would like this post twice if I could, purely for the use of the term "upgrade cadence". My wife heard Mark mention it on the Patreon podcast and gave me a "what the hell is that?!" look haha

Bock Choy

May 17, 2018
All that beautiful work in planning and trading for my team to be balanced across the bye rounds has been shot. I only take solace in the fact that Martin (62%), Fyfe (57%), Laird (57%) and Conigilo (42%) are in a lot of other teams, putting everyone else in much the same position.

I've moved ahead with my original plan of bringing in Gray and Boak (plus Austin) for Higgins, Richards and Ronke, leaving only 2 rookies to upgrade (MID (Kelly) and a DEF).

Reactions: Steve

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015

Miller is a great alternative. Risky yes but the logic is sound. You gotta risk it to get the biscuit!

Rupert

6-Time Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 2, 2015
Brisbane
@Lowrider
I was hoping someone would find cause to use "upgrade cadence". Thanks and congrat.s
Now for a "sub-optimal".

Azza Jones

Aspiring Coach
Mar 13, 2018
absolute carnage.

I'm nowhere near 18. Closer to 14.

I'm in the same boat mate. 14 players named and if Guelfi gets a game 15!

No Mitchell, Macrae, McLean, Sicily, Yeo, Cole all on Byes.

Then add to add injured, Suspended or not named Fyfe, Cogs, Laird, Ridley, Martin, T. Smith, D. Barry, Keefe,
D. Cameron....

So a total of 15 players above can't be played this week! I'm seriously screwed

And with only 13 trades left I can't aggressively trade I can't... My season is a write off

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
166K - 16 Trades - Really appreciating your trade advice this week. Not sure what's the best moves this week
MID: Rockliff, Danger, Spargo, E Phillips, Cogs, Petracca, Brayshaw, Holman (Fyfe, Titch, Dusty)

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
166K - 16 Trades - Really appreciating your trade advice this week. Much appreciated