Round 11 Discussion & Trade Talk

The Antrobus

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 9, 2018
My issue is my Forward rooks are still growing. Fritsch, Henry and Christenson.
If I do Smith down and Walters up then I'm missing out on cash growth.

I have Kelly I want out (as he is about to drop) and could only downgrade one forward and upgrade Kelly to Walters in the midfield.

But I don't want Walters at M8 I want him at F5 or F6. I have no way to pivot him forward.
Anyone know a forward rookie coming up with DPP FWD/MID?

Reactions: luke394

Steve

Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 4, 2015
Geelong

I have Kelly I want out (as he is about to drop) and could only downgrade one forward and upgrade Kelly to Walters in the midfield.

But I don't want Walters at M8 I want him at F5 or F6. I have no way to pivot him forward.
Giro is named on the extended bench for Freo, 102k and I believe mid/fwd. Ahern is in the same boat for North and at 123k. I think if these guys play over the next 2 weeks they will be the most popular trade ins of the season. Perfect timing!

Mark185

Feb 22, 2018
Had to change my plans too. Instead of double downgrade I’ve had to pick up Brayshaw for D6. Not terrible but still annoying as I brought in Howe last week!

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
Would really like the two targets I should go for this week. 18 trades - 81K

DEF: Laird, Simpson, Shaw, Yeo, Doedee, Sicily, (Cole, L Murphy)
MID: Fyfe, Danger, Titch, Dusty, Cogs, T Kelly, Spargo, E Phillips (Barry, Brayshaw, Holman)
RUC: Gawn, NicNat (Olango)
FWD: Heeney, Maclean, Buddy, D Smith, Billings, Petracca (Guelfi, Fritsch)

Geoff123

Aspiring Coach
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Aug 10, 2017
If Murphy is in I get to go Langdon to smith and Fritz to Walters if Murphy is out I’ll have to get in rice for coffield to avoid defence donut all good have an option either way but would really like to get Tim Smith in.

Flying Scotsman

Aspiring Coach
Aug 10, 2017
Dave Mirra getting dropped has killed my plans gonna cop a donut down back if Lachie Murphy doesn't play, was going Kelly to Smith and ZGL to Walters. Now I'm thinking to avoid the zero Kelly to Smith and Coffield to Hurley. Hurley BE is 150 odd so he's gonna leak cash this week and next feel like I'm over paying for him but can't afford a zero. Annoying week
Similar situation. Looking at Smith and Ridley/Rice. Not sure which one to choose. Has to be one of them as to avoid that donut. Thoughts?

Reactions: luke394

Flying Scotsman

Aspiring Coach
Aug 10, 2017
If Murphy is in I get to go Langdon to smith and Fritz to Walters if Murphy is out I’ll have to get in rice for coffield to avoid defence donut all good have an option either way but would really like to get Tim Smith in.
Rice or Ridley and why? I'm I'm the same situation and can't choose.

Reactions: Geoff123

Benj

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Mar 5, 2016
London
I'm the same guys. It's a coin flip. I've gone Rice because St Kilda have so many defenders out his JS looks good at least til the end of the byes. St Kilda's injuries down back:
Carlisle 2 weeks (Supsension)
Brown 2-3 weeks
Acres 4-5 weeks
Gilbert 4-5 weeks
Roberton season

But it'll depend on your Bye Structure too with Ridley Rd 13 and Rice Rd 14. Good luck.

Mirra!!! Seriously Clarko!!!

Jun 9, 2015

Just move Walters forward when you trade out Fritsch, Henry or Christensen! Simples.

Reactions: kinggo and Toadvine

Orallus_Maximus

Development Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
May 11, 2015
Dave Mirra getting dropped has killed my plans gonna cop a donut down back if Lachie Murphy doesn't play, was going Kelly to Smith and ZGL to Walters. Now I'm thinking to avoid the zero Kelly to Smith and Coffield to Hurley. Hurley BE is 150 odd so he's gonna leak cash this week and next feel like I'm over paying for him but can't afford a zero. Annoying week

Does Coffield to Angus Brayshaw (Melb) work for your team / byes? He has D/M swing, bit cheaper than Hurley and BE is low (BE 19).

Lowrider

Triple Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
May 7, 2015
I'm going against popular opinion and it's Rice by some margin for me. He looked quite good and you'd think he's got more JS in the Saints backline. Potential to increase his scoring significantly too.

I also like that he's increased his scoring from the first game which to me means he's building into AFL pace and only going to get better. Ridley on the other hand, dropped off significantly in his 2nd game which is worrying. Especially since the 2nd game stays in the price cycles for an extra week. If Ridley puts out another 40 he won't jump up much and will flatten out very quickly. Also probably means he's one game closer to getting dropped.

Byes may factor into your decision here as well, depending on your team. Of course, that presumes both are playing through the bye rounds which is not a given, so I wouldn't choose solely on that basis.

I wouldn't move heaven and earth to get either. I am considering whether to pass on Walters for this week and get Rice instead. I'm thinking I'd rather build some cash for post-bye upgrades instead. Worst case, Walters kills it again this week and I'm forced to pay a bit more next week, which I'll cop if it happens.

luke394

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Apr 28, 2015
Geelong, VIC
Similar situation. Looking at Smith and Ridley/Rice. Not sure which one to choose. Has to be one of them as to avoid that donut. Thoughts?
Gun to my head I think I would take Ridley, holding his spot with Hurley back is a good sign. Crap situation to be in just needed Mirra for another week :(

Reactions: Flying Scotsman

luke394

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Apr 28, 2015
Geelong, VIC
Does Coffield to Angus Brayshaw (Melb) work for your team / byes? He has D/M swing, bit cheaper than Hurley and BE is low (BE 19).
Brayshaw has definitely crossed my mind, I only have one spot left in defence to upgrade and Im leaning to Hurley outscoring Brayshaw. I could very well be wrong is Bradshaw continues the midfield role, at least there are a few options

luke394

Development Coach
Patron '17
Patron '18
Apr 28, 2015
Geelong, VIC

You could trade Kelly to Walters to leave him at m8 for now then when your forward rookies reach maximum price, trade them and swing Walters back to the forward line?

Dash

Development Coach
Apr 6, 2016
Would really like the two targets I should go for this week. 18 trades - 81K
I'm trying to keep Byes in mind. Maybe T Smith and Rocky or something else?

DEF: Laird, Simpson, Shaw, Yeo, Doedee, Sicily, (Cole, L Murphy)
MID: Fyfe, Danger, Titch, Dusty, Cogs, T Kelly, Spargo, E Phillips (Barry, Brayshaw, Holman)
RUC: Gawn, NicNat (Olango)
FWD: Heeney, Maclean, Buddy, D Smith, Billings, Petracca (Guelfi, Fritsch)

Flying Scotsman

Aspiring Coach
Aug 10, 2017
I'm going against popular opinion and it's Rice by some margin for me. He looked quite good and you'd think he's got more JS in the Saints backline. Potential to increase his scoring significantly too.

I also like that he's increased his scoring from the first game which to me means he's building into AFL pace and only going to get better. Ridley on the other hand, dropped off significantly in his 2nd game which is worrying. Especially since the 2nd game stays in the price cycles for an extra week. If Ridley puts out another 40 he won't jump up much and will flatten out very quickly. Also probably means he's one game closer to getting dropped.

Byes may factor into your decision here as well, depending on your team. Of course, that presumes both are playing through the bye rounds which is not a given, so I wouldn't choose solely on that basis.

I wouldn't move heaven and earth to get either. I am considering whether to pass on Walters for this week and get Rice instead. I'm thinking I'd rather build some cash for post-bye upgrades instead. Worst case, Walters kills it again this week and I'm forced to pay a bit more next week, which I'll cop if it happens.
I'm with you.. I've taken Rice ahead for JS ....and the higher 2nd score. Also he has last bye so will go up quicker if i have to drop. Also i have Coffield and Phillips ....and may get Austin. Figure at least 2 of them play any given week. I looked at Walters... he will be solid but I'm not sold on him tbh. Think cash generation over byes to finish with ultra premos is the way to go. Rice and Smith got me.

Reactions: Lowrider