Proepector's Strawman

Prospector

“Think it over, think it under.”
Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
It's early doors, but I can't resist getting a team of some sort out for feedback, comment etc ...

Yeo, Laird, Howe, McDonald, 4 x rookie

Danger, Martin, Titch, Ablett, Coniglio, 6 x rookie

Gawn, Nicnat, rookie (floating doughnut maybe)

Menegola, Heeney, Papley, Petracca, 4 x rookie

Last edited:
Reactions: cactus

cactus

Senior Coach
May 6, 2015
Melbourne
It's early doors, but I can't resist getting a team of some sort out for feedback, comment etc ...

Yeo, Laird, Howe, McDonald, 4 x rookie

Danger, Martin, Titch, Ablett, Coniglio, 6 x rookie

Gawn, Nicnat, rookie (floating doughnut maybe)

Menegola, Heeney, Papley, Petracca, 4 x rookie
Really not keen on the Menegola pick myself. I think his price is probably inflated because he had midfield opportunities last year and their might be less of that with Gazza arriving. But of course you already know that so what’s your thinking?

Prospector

Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
AFL Prospectus led me to Menegola - he will be crucial to the midfield again, imho. Talk is Ablett, and probs Danger too play plenty forward time, no?

"Menegola was the No. 1 ranked mid/fwd ... only player in his position to rank elite for disposals, meters gained and tackles [I like that a lot] ... highest tackle efficiency in the AFL.... involved in 25% of scoring chains, behind Danger, Duncan and Selwood." Stats look on the rise ... and all mid/fwds need a good look, imho.

TomCat

Dual Premiership Coach
Patron '16
Patron '17
Patron '18
Patron '19
Patron '20
Patron '21
Veterans
Apr 23, 2015
AFL Prospectus led me to Menegola - he will be crucial to the midfield again, imho. Talk is Ablett, and probs Danger too play plenty forward time, no?.

I agree with @cactus Prossie, and expect Ablett will steal some of Menegola's mid time. I also think we will see Ablett in the midfield more than forward - Scott did say that he was recruited to play mid.

Thunderstruck

Aspiring Coach
Patron '19
Patron '20
May 1, 2015
Don't mind that side at all. Some good PODs in there.

Is that Luke or Tom McDonald in defence? I assume it's Luke and you're hoping for a breakout year?

The only picks I don't like are Ablett and NicNat - can you be confident both of their bodies will hold up? I'm just not confident.

I reckon you would be crazy to not go Fyfe instead of GAJ.

I really like your structure and I'm considering a similar structure myself. A lot of teams have loaded mids but I reckon that's the only line you can be confident with cash cow generation this year.

Reactions: Prospector

Prospector

Veterans
Apr 29, 2015
The only picks I don't like are Ablett and NicNat - can you be confident both of their bodies will hold up? I'm just not confident.

I reckon you would be crazy to not go Fyfe instead of GAJ.
Not confident in the bodies of either, but until they break you'd expect some outstanding scores, I hope. Appreciate the Fyfe suggestion, there's little doubt that he'll become a must have, so starting with him is wise.